February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

KJ- very exciting!!!

Thanks for all the tips on cats everyone! I guess it seems like most cts are not a big deal... Hopefully my too will avoid him due to the crying!

so i was looking back through my journal with DSs pregnancy....the symptoms i have now, i got with him at 38 weeks! I did go into labor at 41+4 and had him at 41+5...and i know every pregnancy and baby is different...and im totally just planning on going overdue again, but it was fun to look back and see the difference....would be awesome if this actually meant anything (aka: not going overdue lol), but i wont hold my breath...it did excit me though lol

I've been doing the same thing... comparing this pregnancy to the last... but results are inconclusive. :shrug:

I've compared lots too. This one has been the complete polar opposite of last time round! :haha:

Yes, the baby book was nice to have in the hospital! :) I love looking at her tiny little footprints. And though it wasn't easy to concentrate, I did get a few chapters read while I was waiting for labor to progress. I was trying to plow through the LLL book on breastfeeding, but it wasn't easy to digest while I was having contractions... so I started over. xD

Also, may be nice to toss in an extra blanket and/or pillow for your OH if they room in with you - I know Chris thought the cot wasn't the most comfortable and needed an extra pillow that wasn't paper-thin. ;)

I agree with Guppy - the back pain was the only bad pain of labor, IMO. The cramps were period-like for me (I was always a heavy cramper/bleeder during my cycle) so that was exceptionally tolerable. I could just breathe through the contractions. Then the back labor intensified and that's when things got really bad. That's when I wished I had looked into a waterbirth sooner than I had :haha: Ah well! She wasn't even sunny-side, unless she flipped at the last minute, but they were not expecting her to be at all.

Wow KJ - some progress! Make sure you get lots of rest, while you can! ;) But that's exciting for you! Like Gup said, much less work during labor. I am envious! :rofl:

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Hooters wings. :| I wanted them to be spicier than they were. :lol: But now... I want wings. :brat: NAO.

As for life here, Aria will hit her 48 hours of breastfeeding milestone at 8pm tonight, and has just passed 24 hours of exclusive breastfeeding without any bottle supplementation with BM. So I'm very happy, and for the most part - so is she! lol. She's had a whiny day today since last night, but we're working through it. My in-laws are on their way, as well as my sister, nephew and brother-in-law. So it'll be a busy afternoon, no doubt! :haha:

Hope all is well with you ladies on this Friday! :thumbup:

That's great news Swan. I know I was stoked when Charlie had gone 24hrs exclusively Breast fed.

Keep up the good work.

Well Charlie and I are now home and it feels great to be out of the Hospital as I was going stir crazy.
:happydance::happydance:

I have never ate at hooters but i hear they have super fab wings!
What foods do you recommend?

how fun shopping!

We are finally taking the christmas tree and decorations down....DS is going to miss chasing the cat around under the tree :haha:

NEVER ate at Hooters!!?? Sacrilege!! Lol. I love Hooters. It's soooo yummy!! Let's see. First of all - their Medium wing sauce is my favorite. It's SUPER buttery (we've made it at home...Lots of butter, lol) and yummy!! Their Parmesan Garlic is yummy, too. My favorite foods:
Boneless wings w/med sauce
Fried pickles
shrimp w/med sauce (can't remember exactly what it's called...but they're little breaded shrimp)
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich w/med sauce
Salad...I can't remember which one it is but it's the one with the meat w/chicken. Yummmm

Drinks are yummy there, too, but they have a Key Lime Pie Martini that's to die for.

(All our Christmas stuff is still up. Coming down tomorrow!!)

KJ, I am happy for you that you are so close to going on your own!! Neither of my boys wanted to come on their own!!!

RJ2, I am glad you and Charlie are getting situated at home!! :hugs:

JP, Guppy, and Swan, I have never eaten at hooters.... my best friend loves their wings, and DH is going on Monday with one of our friends for their birthdays.... it will be DH's first time. I guess we are just slow getting to things :haha:

KJ; so excited for you! i'll be keeping an eye open here to check for updates..

jock; i'd not worry much. we have a cat and two golden retrievers. we just plan on letting them get to know the area so that they dont feel resentful towards scarlet once she's in there, and they aren't allowed. they dont do much. that cat will curl up and nap on the area rug... and the dogs basically ignore it lol.

gup, bec, and red; sorry you guys are having trouble w/nausea again :( i feel terribly for u. hope you're all feeling better soon.

anyone else having cervical pain? kind of like little shocks of electricity? the doc says its normal, just curious if anyone else has gotten it?

Yeah, I get that. Don't know what it's about. :shrug:

I've never eaten at hooters, either. We used to have one... I just always assumed the food would be bad because people went for the boobs. But I've never eaten wings, either. :blush:

Question for anyone who may have some insight... today the pediatrician said she highly suggests me giving Vitamin D drops to Aria as a supplement. Nobody else had said a word about it, but this is the first time that we've been to anyone where she's been exclusively BF (and she gained 2.5 oz! they said she needs to gain more faster and I need to wean her from the shield... which is supposedly going to be really hard, but we'll work at it...) and she said she thinks it's very important. I am reading mixed reviews online and tbh, am skeptical about giving her something already - especially hearing some of the side effects. Plus, the whole warning of what OD can do concerns me. But at the same time, I obviously don't want to deprive her of something she'd need, just because I'm slightly skeptical myself.

I'm seeking insight from those who are more knowledgeable. Anything you may have to offer is welcomed, since I'm naive, clearly. ;) haha.

I had to give my boys Poly-Vi-Sol vitamins for a while to help with their iron levels and other vitamins, that might be what she wants you to give her... not sure though. Sorry I couldn't help more :(

That's okay!! She just said how she wanted her to have vitamin D and they suggest a dropper of it daily for all infants especially breastfeeding ones and winter ones. I asked my sister and she had never heard of that and she had a BF winter baby last year. So I'm like :|

Question for anyone who may have some insight... today the pediatrician said she highly suggests me giving Vitamin D drops to Aria as a supplement. Nobody else had said a word about it, but this is the first time that we've been to anyone where she's been exclusively BF (and she gained 2.5 oz! they said she needs to gain more faster and I need to wean her from the shield... which is supposedly going to be really hard, but we'll work at it...) and she said she thinks it's very important. I am reading mixed reviews online and tbh, am skeptical about giving her something already - especially hearing some of the side effects. Plus, the whole warning of what OD can do concerns me. But at the same time, I obviously don't want to deprive her of something she'd need, just because I'm slightly skeptical myself.

I'm seeking insight from those who are more knowledgeable. Anything you may have to offer is welcomed, since I'm naive, clearly. ;) haha.

my sis suggested this to me. her doc said that its the only vitamin that baby wont get from bf-ing. hope thats mildly useful! lol

Thanks AM! haha. I'm open to anyone's insight as it was news to me.

And omg I seriously just LOLed so hard over your post in the Junebugs TTC thread. She's doing very well, thank you! Just starting to root, so it's about time for some boon juice. :) hopefully she will sleep a little tonight... last night was a little rough xD

lol i've been sick about a week and feel like ive been living under a rock, i feel like such a jerk for not knowing! im so super excited for you!

how's her sleeping going??

We have 2 cats... Only had 1 when DD was born, but I kept him shut out of DD's room and our bedroom... TBH he was so afraid of her, he didn't mess with her/her stuff, but it made me feel more comfortable to keep him out while she was little and sleeping.

Cat number 2 is VERY needy and wants to be as close to DD as possible (she's a pain in the ass, rolls down by her face when I'm changing her diaper and licks her etc...) so there is NO way she's going to be allowed in our room when baby arrives. She would most definitely get up in baby's face and could cause a suffocation risk without realising it (she's just oblivious to what she's doing a lot of the time :dohh:)...

Omg! I have been so busy preparing for Mallory and trying to sort out leave at work that I havent been on in a while. Two more Valentines! Congrats Swan and RJ! Makes me so excited for my little girl to arrive. I'm glad all went well for you guys.

Ladies, all of your bumps are beautiful! I hope everyone is feeling well. I'm going to try and be better about getting on here daily... Especially now that our baby boom is beginning!! Wonder who will be next?!?

Omg! I have been so busy preparing for Mallory and trying to sort out leave at work that I havent been on in a while. Two more Valentines! Congrats Swan and RJ! Makes me so excited for my little girl to arrive. I'm glad all went well for you guys.

Ladies, all of your bumps are beautiful! I hope everyone is feeling well. I'm going to try and be better about getting on here daily... Especially now that our baby boom is beginning!! Wonder who will be next?!?

welcome back :) we've missed u! :hugs:

That's okay!! She just said how she wanted her to have vitamin D and they suggest a dropper of it daily for all infants especially breastfeeding ones and winter ones. I asked my sister and she had never heard of that and she had a BF winter baby last year. So I'm like :|

I dont know about America but here in Canada it is a gold standard to give vitamin D when breast feeding because they do not get enough from you. Every ped. recommends it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->