February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Question for anyone who may have some insight... today the pediatrician said she highly suggests me giving Vitamin D drops to Aria as a supplement. Nobody else had said a word about it, but this is the first time that we've been to anyone where she's been exclusively BF (and she gained 2.5 oz! they said she needs to gain more faster and I need to wean her from the shield... which is supposedly going to be really hard, but we'll work at it...) and she said she thinks it's very important. I am reading mixed reviews online and tbh, am skeptical about giving her something already - especially hearing some of the side effects. Plus, the whole warning of what OD can do concerns me. But at the same time, I obviously don't want to deprive her of something she'd need, just because I'm slightly skeptical myself.

I'm seeking insight from those who are more knowledgeable. Anything you may have to offer is welcomed, since I'm naive, clearly. ;) haha.

Swan- never heard of of giving the Vitamin D but since you get it from sunlight you could try getting bub outside for a walk or something along that line a little more often. Otherwise I can't be much more help.:shrug:

I know a lt of doctors in the north east recommend the vit D...but tbh, i woukd wait until shes older....but thats just my personal prefrence.

I'm vegetarian but you are all making me hungry with this Hooters talk!

I feel rough today, sore throat, headache round my eyes, exhausted.

I thought I was starting labour last night! I had waves of intense cramps for an hour or so, but they stopped after an hour... My bump was hard as a rock, too.

Ps I never bothered with vitamin d, I just made sure La had lots of sunlight in the house by windows and that we went outside for at least half an hour a day. She doesn't seem to have come to any harm!

Omg im in so much pain today :( cramps and the top of my bump and bottom and around my sides :(

i think baby has gone head down too because i have alot of pressure hopefully it will ease soon because i have so much todo.

Hope your all having a good sunday x

Lots of Braxton Hicks today, lots of wriggling from baby, and a very odd pain where my leg meets my pelvis... It feels like I pulled a muscle there but I don't see how, it only started a couple of hours or so ago and I haven't done anything to it.

KJ; so excited for you! i'll be keeping an eye open here to check for updates..

jock; i'd not worry much. we have a cat and two golden retrievers. we just plan on letting them get to know the area so that they dont feel resentful towards scarlet once she's in there, and they aren't allowed. they dont do much. that cat will curl up and nap on the area rug... and the dogs basically ignore it lol.

gup, bec, and red; sorry you guys are having trouble w/nausea again :( i feel terribly for u. hope you're all feeling better soon.

anyone else having cervical pain? kind of like little shocks of electricity? the doc says its normal, just curious if anyone else has gotten it?

I've been getting stabbing pains where I imagine my cervix is. Hurts!

Yeah, I get that. Don't know what it's about. :shrug:

I've never eaten at hooters, either. We used to have one... I just always assumed the food would be bad because people went for the boobs. But I've never eaten wings, either. :blush:

LOL, I def don't go for the boobs! We like their wing sauce so much we found the recipe online and have made it at home! Yum! It's the medium we love!

Lots of Braxton Hicks today, lots of wriggling from baby, and a very odd pain where my leg meets my pelvis... It feels like I pulled a muscle there but I don't see how, it only started a couple of hours or so ago and I haven't done anything to it.

I get that pain from time to time aswell... it get so bad sometimes i can't move!! It is a weird pain but mine goes away after i ice it for a bit.

Thanks RedHead! And welcome back! :) How are things with you, love?

No worries AlmostMama, everyone's been busy! ;) She's doing alright - she had a fussy, gassy night last night :haha: so it was a rough one. But we're working through it. I nap during the day when I feel compelled, and hubby forces me to rest when he's home too. So we are working through a schedule, slowly but surely.

I'm so bummed, it looks beautiful and sunny outside today and I'd love to take Aria out for a walk. But looks are deceiving because it's 23 degrees out there. SHUDDER. I had to take the dog to pee and I was like o_O!!!

Ordered special drops for when she's a little older, for now I try to keep her by a window and stuff. :) We nap in the sun, etc. It's far too cold to get her outdoors right now, but I make do with what we have and also ensure I at least get my needs, so the amounts that can be passed on to her, will.

I love seeing everyone's tickers wind down to the end. :happydance: This is so exciting!!

Okay I'm embarrassed to ask this, but I have like... the world's dumbest question...

We've been logging all feedings, pees and poops just like they had us do in the hospital, so I can keep track of her and everything. It works well for me, because my brain is still fried. :rofl: But... my mom and I are having... "issues" sometimes determining if she's peeing enough. She poops anywhere from 6-10 times a day, and sometimes it's easy to tell that she also peed in her diaper when she pooped... but other times it's impossible to tell! And they're stressing the dehydration thing, so we're thinking, "Okay well she's pooping a lot, she's obviously getting food..." but is it safe to assume that she's also peeing in there even if we can't tell?

Sorry... I feel like such a n00b right now, but we're so stumped. Mom's like, "We never had to do this when you were a baby... so I never paid quite as much attention to what was in the diaper, just whether or not it was clean..." :lol:

Dont be embarassed Swan :hugs: thats perfectly natural!
It can be quite the challenge to see how much/often babies pee with modern diapers. They absorb so well that you cant tell. And even the ones with the lines can be tough....did you know that BF poops are a better indicator than peeing? It is true! so i say you are golden with that many poops lol! she is doing fab :D

Haha thanks Guppy!! Yeah it's insane how well her little diapers absorb things! Plus like you said, the lines sometimes don't go when there's an obvious pee, or they do when there's a big poop. But I will just rest assured that her poops are a good sign. :thumbup: thanks love!

No problem :D
I can tell, based off what youve been saying she is well nourished :) I know the red flags to looks for and she def doesn't have any as far what you disclose goes :D

bec - I've had that pain type discomfort at the leg-meets-pelvis area too. particularly at the back (Hubby finds it hilarious that I have "a REAL pain in the arse" :grr:) I've found sitting on a warm wheat bag helps a little. Or strategically placing it while I have a lie down can work too.

I had that pain, too... I stretched and it felt better. So maybe in my case I really did pull something. :shrug:

Thanks Guppy. :) I just try to keep careful tabs on her since she's sometimes so finicky haha. But we just keep getting her to eat eat eat!

Keep it up! you are doing wonderful :D
The first 3 months are what i like to call the "4th trimester". It will get easier after that. I highly recommend the DVD "Happiest Baby on the Block". I think ALL parents should watch it! you can get it off Amazon for about $10 and its really the best parenting tool ive ever had! lol I actually share it with my students in my child birth ed classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->