February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

haha! okay now youre REALLY making it tempting! I guess i dont have to... its just what I had originally planned on doing. Working close to my due date. But man, it is so hard being on my feet all day, walking around the classroom and helping the kids. Even when I try to sit I find myself getting up because i see that kids need help or if they are misbehaving. I'm the Elementary Art teacher, grades Kindergarten-5th. the younger kids are the ones that need the most help.

Okay, you ladies are making this really tempting. I may have to reevaluate. My biggest fear is that if i stop working I will be twiddling my thumbs going crazy waiting for tghe baby to get here, and what if he comes 2 weeks late!? Then I'd be sitting home for 5 weeks not getting paid. oh decisions....

Any other teachers out there?

Or even non-teachers... are you still working?

If it were me, I think I'd give it like a week. And decide at the end of each day if I was glad I had gone to work (and made $$) or if I wished I had been at home. And at the end of the week, if you have more days you wish you'd just stayed home, don't go back. (Or go back just until your sub is notified.:))

Ikwym about sitting down and getting right back up, though. Even as a sahm... some days, it's like I have a buzzer on my butt!

I think going off around week 38 would be a good compromise.
Because you are right, if you go overdue, it can make it even more a challenge to handle...but you could always plan a staycatation type baby moon or something like that too :D Just plan stuff to take up the time, stuff you enjoy that you wont get to do much once the baby comes (DEF go to the movies lol).

KJ she is beautiful!!!

So i went to the Dr. today and my F.H measurement went from 37 last week to 34 this week. He checked my cervix and said it was still high and unchanged???? He is sending me for an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. My question is should i be worried? That is a big drop for nothing to change in my cervix....

Is baby moving as usual?
If so, i would not be worried. The baby could have dropped-that doesn't always mean cervical change.:nope: plus FH can be off in either direction by 2-3 weeks...plus as the baby grows FH can be harder to measure...i wouldn't be worried! I say listen to your mommy intuition. ...if something was wrong with the baby i dont think you would be asking that quesion because your mum instinct bell would be going off if something was the matter.
I really think your fine hun :hugs:

Ya he feels like he is moving around ok... I don't think anything is wrong i am just surprised i guess because i can feel and see he has dropped so much and there is no change... i am just afraid that he is not going to engage properly or he doesnt have enough fluid in there or something... i go for the ultrasound tomorrow so i guess i will know better then....

haha! okay now youre REALLY making it tempting! I guess i dont have to... its just what I had originally planned on doing. Working close to my due date. But man, it is so hard being on my feet all day, walking around the classroom and helping the kids. Even when I try to sit I find myself getting up because i see that kids need help or if they are misbehaving. I'm the Elementary Art teacher, grades Kindergarten-5th. the younger kids are the ones that need the most help.

Okay, you ladies are making this really tempting. I may have to reevaluate. My biggest fear is that if i stop working I will be twiddling my thumbs going crazy waiting for tghe baby to get here, and what if he comes 2 weeks late!? Then I'd be sitting home for 5 weeks not getting paid. oh decisions....

Any other teachers out there?

Or even non-teachers... are you still working?

I have been off now for 3 weeks and i am loving it!!!! I think working until 39 weeks is going to be really hard on you!

Jokerette: When I was pregnant with DS2 i worked in a grocery store, I did not go on leave until 5 days before he was born (induced). I only went on leave because my boss didn't want me to go into labor at work. :wacko: My DH was the one pushing for me to go on leave when I was pregnant with DS2, but I wanted to wait. It can take a while for a break to get boring, especially this close to having a baby.

Junebugs: I was measuring 2 weeks ahead for most of the pregnancy, and now I am measuring about 2-3 weeks behind, and the last time I was checked they said my cervix was still closed. My ultrasound only showed that Adelina was a little bit smaller (around 5lbs 13oz at 36 weeks).

If it were me, I think I'd give it like a week. And decide at the end of each day if I was glad I had gone to work (and made $$) or if I wished I had been at home. And at the end of the week, if you have more days you wish you'd just stayed home, don't go back. (Or go back just until your sub is notified.:))

Ikwym about sitting down and getting right back up, though. Even as a sahm... some days, it's like I have a buzzer on my butt!

thats a GREAT tip!!!!

Jokerette: When I was pregnant with DS2 i worked in a grocery store, I did not go on leave until 5 days before he was born (induced). I only went on leave because my boss didn't want me to go into labor at work. :wacko: My DH was the one pushing for me to go on leave when I was pregnant with DS2, but I wanted to wait. It can take a while for a break to get boring, especially this close to having a baby.

Junebugs: I was measuring 2 weeks ahead for most of the pregnancy, and now I am measuring about 2-3 weeks behind, and the last time I was checked they said my cervix was still closed. My ultrasound only showed that Adelina was a little bit smaller (around 5lbs 13oz at 36 weeks).

Thanks hun!! That makes me feel better

I measured behind at the end as well, and i didnt' make much cervical progress until labor. I was like 1cm dialated & station -3 from 35-42 weeks. But baby was fine, and when my water broke, I went into labor and everything turned out well. :thumbup:

Todays bump pic at 35+4...ya know its crazy to think my EDD was based on LMP then i would be full term tommorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
Jokerette I am a Reception class teacher (4-5 year olds) and I last time worked until the day before my due date (although term ended the week before so I was technically 39 weeks). This time I stopped at 35 weeks because of husband's new job and if I didn't have La to fill my time I would be twiddling my thumbs - I was going to finish the week before again, but like I said, the decision was made for me.

Work for as long as you feel happy doing it - I felt fine and had nothing to do at home really so was happy to work. I've been happy to finish early this time too but the situation is different.

i just went back and multi quoted and replied to ALOT and then wrote a massive vent, which took me like 10min to type out and my laptop dropped out as i hit reply and didnt post it, nor did it save it :cry: i seriously feel like crying about it .

Awww :hugs: Darn laptop!!
Sometimes BnB eats my posts and I have to walk away or I'll throw a toddler-grade tantrum. :brat:

it has really upset me . i dont know if i can be bothered typing it all again dammit !

Oh tiger, I am so sorry that it did that!! But I do want to say...... WELCOME BACK to us!! :wave:

:hugs: tiger. I hate when that happens...i would totaly understand if you didn't write that all out again!

I want to get a bunch of candles for the birth....dont know what scent to get :shrug:

I want to get a bunch of candles for the birth....dont know what scent to get :shrug:

I think you should get something relaxing... like lavender, or maybe like a light vanilla scent. But I think lavender would be a good thing (if you like it) and it would keep you from getting too stressed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->