February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

uggh ! basically congratulations to the new babies ! (all girls i see ;) )

my rant was just about something thats a little TMI so if you are squeamish at the moment please dont read....
ok so i posted a few months ago about a hemarrhoid i have that i was worried about being thrombosed, well it settled down and i didnt bother getting it checked (i really should have anyway i know that), well since holly has done the drop on me, its like tripled its size and is absolutely flipping huge and its so unbelievably swollen. i was up most of the night last night in tears because of the pain, it hurts to sit down, it hurts to lie on my back (not very comfy at the moment anyway), its extremely painful to lie on my side because its like its getting squashed ! more tmi - but its really hard, and filled to the max with blood or whatever fills it :cry: im in so much pain but im so terrified to get my bum out. i can get my lady bits out anytime its needed but for some reason its different being my bum iykwim ? but its to the point that im really having trouble sitting down, and im pretty sure there is a blood clot in there, because when i look (very hard heavily pregnant mind you) half of it is black.
the only thing stopping me is getting my bum out in front of my MW or DR when i know that they wont look at me the same again ! :cry: :cry:
but i cant live in pain like this, im terrified to go to the toilet today (11am here) because i know im going to be left screaming and crying

Tiger, they will not look at you any differently. They would be upset that you didn't say anything sooner. hun! Trust me, I was there after DS2.... after my pushing with DS1 it caused me to have a fissure, which is like a paper cut to the muscles every time I would go to the bathroom, well with DS2 I went the whole pregnancy with it hurting and didn't say anything and my midwife was so understanding but she said that she wished I wold have said something sooner so that she could have done something to help. Don't feel bad about it, soooooooo many pregnant women get them, so don't feel bad about asking for help. Just know that you have the support from us and your doctors/midwives, and we all want what is best for you! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

this is so awful :cry: i really like my MW and we get along so well that im terrified to be like, "hey heres my bum for you to look at "
im not sure what can be done anyway :shrug: ive tried EVERYTHING . like adding more fibre to my diet (it doesnt have any effect on the thing, just makes it easier to go) , drinking more water, ive tried sitz baths and they did absolutely nothing, creams etc. ive done it ALL. what else can be done ?

Oh hun. They may be able to refer you to a doctor that can help fix it. A gastroenterologist would be able to give you a lot of help, as this is what they work with daily. :hugs: I wish I could help you more love!

Im suffering too Tiger :cry: Just keep applying the creams, thats all you can do really....Hopefully once LO arrives it will ease off :hugs:

Tiger I have had a thrombosed hemmorhoid before (pre pregnancy) and I ended up getting it cut open at the ER in the middle of the night. They made a tiny slit to release the blood clot and it was INSTANT relief! I remember reading it can take weeks for the body to reabsorb it on its own, and that's if it doesn't just get worse :(

if you just can't bear to go to doctor could you go to ER? Or maybe a NP at your doctors office? It really will feel better when you get it drained :(

My hip pain has gone from bad to worse and it is now mostly in the front of my hip/groin. So now I don't think it's sciatic but I'm not sure what it is. I cannot put any weight on my right leg. Literally. DH just brought the crutches down from the attic and that's the only way I can get around. It came on so quickly... What is going on??!

aww tiger :hugs: i dont think they doctors would look at you like that. They probably see that sort of thing all of the time, especially the pregnant women. plus im sure they have seen worse. Dont worry friend :flow: i think you should go and get the relief you need. Relief is better than any pride :hugs:

My hip pain has gone from bad to worse and it is now mostly in the front of my hip/groin. So now I don't think it's sciatic but I'm not sure what it is. I cannot put any weight on my right leg. Literally. DH just brought the crutches down from the attic and that's the only way I can get around. It came on so quickly... What is going on??!

the baby probably moved down some ;)

Gah it's 3:20am here and I can't sleep. If I lay down little miss goes crazy kicking the crap out of my insides. I feel like she's engaged more and my bladder has no room at all. I constantly need to pee. I hardly slept last night, tried to nap during the day but couldn't get to sleep. I went to bed at 10 tonight, and I think I've had about 2-3 hours sleep in total. You'd think I'd be knackered but I'm now wide awake.
My stomach hurts like I'm going to have diarrhoea but nothings coming out and I feel like I could vomit any minute.

Aahh I'm going to be soo tired tomorrow. I'm hoping if I stay up for half an hour now that Millie will finish her little wiggle then let me go to sleep.

Tiger I know how you feel with the bum embarrasment. I find if I have something embarrassing to tell/ask the doctor I have to tell OH so he gives me no choice but to speak up. The day I got my BFP I only tested because I had a doctors appointment anyway to go and check out a lump in my breast. I'd known about it for about 3 months but was too embarrased to go and get it looked at. I told OH the day before and he called the surgery to book me an appointment.

jokerette - ive had it for months now but it has all of a sudden gotten 10 times worse ! its really excruciaiting .
since i live on an island, there is only 2 places i could go, the dr surgery where i go for all my appts or the clinic with a weird male dr, and he really is weird :S

I didn't manage to get back to sleep. By the looks of things I have a urine infection. 15 minutes until the doctors open so I can call and make an appointment.

IT HURTS!!!

Aw Amanda, that sucks. I hope they give you something to clear it up very fast!!

It's supposed to be sunny and mid-50s today / yay! So I am going to make some returns at the outlets I believe. :)

I'd call the doctor if I were you Tiger. I know it's not the best topic you want to discuss with them but trust me - they have seen plenty worse and they won't look at you any differently. My nurses checked my stitches and bum (the latter, for hemmorhoids) multiple times a day in the hospital and they were very nice about the whole ordeal. :) and when I apologized for having not shaved my legs - not knowing I'd be giving birth so soon lol - they laughed and said not to worry, that there's always someone who was far more worse than yourself who had been seen and treated and they just do the job. :) I know it's easier said than done but they're there to help and they won't look at you any differently. :hugs:

Awww, big :hugs: to all of you who are in pain. Not too much longer, girls!

tiger, please get it checked. As the other ladies said, they've seen worse!! Especially if you can get it cut and get instant relief. :thumbup:

Guppy, I was thinking vanilla but lavender is a good idea, too.

Well the ecv didnt cause any pain but he turned back half hour later si we are now waiting for another plan :(

Im thinking of doing the lavendar...though i do love lilac...but idk...

Amanda, ouch! I had one a few weeks ago and it hurt soooo bad i was in pain for hours, and the first couple doses of pain meds didnt work :( Im sorry :hugs: i hope you can get relief asap. Nothing worse than waiting for help.

Well the ecv didnt cause any pain but he turned back half hour later si we are now waiting for another plan :(

:hugs: sorry hun....i believe that sometimes babies need to be born a certain way. There could be reasons beyond what you or any doctor can understand. DS was persistant posterior...it was a long birth, and he never turned, but i really believe he HAD to be birthed that way...sometimes, i think if he would have come the "proper way" that things would not have gone so well.
Now, your baby could still turn. And who knows when labor will start. you could still have a bit of time left :hugs: i hope baby turns and stays turned for you. :flow:

:nope: I'M EXHAUSTED!

I really hate the idea of complaining, since it took DW and I so much time, emotion, and $$$ to conceive, lol.
but really, i'm so done!

i'm a very small girl, i'm 5'2", and weighed just 90LBS pre-pregnancy... and considering it's my first, i didn't realize what a toll it would so rapidly take on my little body!
i was perfectly fine... having a WONDERFUL pregnancy, really, up until last wednesday. it's like... the day i turned 35 weeks my body gave out.

i can't do a thing to get the swelling in my feet down... it's so excessive that i can hardly get them into my UGGS!:nope: they hurt so badly that even my blankets at night make them ache so much... same with my hands.
i've also had a pre-existing condition with my tail bone... so NOW... geeze... even walking is a battle some days.

still a week and a half to go at work... and friday and saturday just killed me.
up @ 7am for work... was there until 5pm, home to have dinner and change... off to pre-natal class until 930, home to shower, then straight to bed because i was so exhausted i literally felt ill.

saturday i was up again for pre-natal class from 930 am until 330 pm, then off to a memorial service for DW'S uncle... except there was an accident in the hi-way, and we sat still for over an hr in traffic, only to drive into the heart of Toronto (which, if you don't know, is an INSANE traffic city)
where ppl from her fathers side of the family pawed all over bump for so long, and dragged me from one place to another and gave me all the same advice that ive heard countless times> :thumbup: they didnt let us out of there for an eternity.

came home, got bunnie's book case put together (finally) and stocked... only to realize that it was now 11pm, and i still hadn't eaten dinner!

i'm so sorry for the grumpy rant, but i just feel like i need to get it off of my chest.

i don't think i'd be taking it so badly if i could sleep... but shes SO hyper at night, and the cervical shock-like pains i've been getting seem to be getting worse, and more frequent, by the night... so i'm constantly up to toss, turn, pee, or readjust... which as we all know... takes AGES at this poing. *sigh*

:shrug:i just want to be able to bend my toes!

Awe hon. It's okay to complain sometimes! Dh and I had been trying to conceive since 2006 so yep, a Looonnnggg time, but I still complain sometimes, lol. Doesn't mean we aren't thankful! :) My feet have been pretty swollen, too. Up until a few days ago I couldn't see or feel my ankles!!! They're still swollen now, but I can actually tell where my ankles are. And I couldn't get my UGGS on either, lol. I haven't tried them in the past couple days. I've been in flip flops for ages, which is fine...my shoe of choice. But luckily, our weather has been fair!! I can't sleep either. He's fine at night, it's everything else. I am up around every hour. Ughhhhh!! And it bugs me when I say something about not sleeping and people say, "Oh, just wait till the baby gets here then you'll Really know what not sleeping is". Um...even if he sleeps for only 2 hours at a time, that'll still be MORE sleep than I'm getting right now! I look forward to it!! LOL

Hi all, thought I'd check in!

37 weeks today!!! Section booked for a week tomorrow, hoping I'll get a sweep on Wed & amniotomy on Monday though so that I don't need it :cloud9:

I find it really odd that mums & MIL expect to be at the labour or birth at all?? Obviously, having a MIL that's a doula would be fab & I'd utilise it, otherwise they both stay out if the way & wait for updates from DH until they are told they can come to visit! I feel like from start to finish, VBAC or section, it's just 'our' time. But I guess everyone is different?

Still haven't uploaded that scan pic from Wed... must do it via laptop before he's actually here :dohh:

Swan - you sound a lot more upbeat! Are things a bit better now?

I think it just varies by family, probably. My MIL passed a few years ago, but even if she were here I wouldn't feel comfortable in the delivery room, I don't think...but I also don't think she would have expected to be in there. My mom, totally different. It's not that she expects to be in there, but that it's just always been an unwritten thing, Of Course she'd be there. Well, that was before we got transferred to Little Rock. I had to choose between her taking 2 weeks off and coming here and maybe being here for the birth and maybe not...depending upon when he decides to show himself. OR her not coming at all and us going back home for 2 weeks when he's about 2 weeks old. I chose the second. I figure I'd rather have her for 2 weeks when I know I'll probably need her than run the risk of her coming here and being here for 2 and him being late. *sigh* It's really hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that she will NOT be in there with me, but I know if we could time it perfectly she would be. We'll do video chat with her and she's been giving Dh some pointers to try to help me (she used to be an OB nurse). Ah well. Maybe next baby!!

Hey Ladies, here are a couple pictures of my little Cameryn Olivia. She was born last Wednesday at 4:17am, weighing 6lbs and was 18 1/2 inches. I just realized I hadn't posted pics yet and wanted to share her cuteness with you all! We feel so very blessed!

*I posted my birth story on my blog for those who love reading birth stories as much as I do, here: https://balancedhealthylife.com/2012/01/22/my-birth-story-cameryn-olivia/

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/Kjirsten22/IMG_0704.jpg

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/Kjirsten22/IMG_0721.jpg

She's beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->