February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

bec - to add to guppy's list, my hospital says to take a bath rather than shower and take a paracetamol. (Obv if it's labour paracetamol aren't going to touch the pains!) :hugs:
I too spent three hours this morning/afternoon with pains. Actual ouchie ones not just BHs. Every 9-10 minutes too. Then it all stopped. :rolleyes:

Well ill be staying in now till the baby is here - trying to decided to have a c section instead and having it tomorrow.

Sorry if there are alot of mistakes in my typing im using me phone x

Best of luck sweetie :flow:

Hope everyone is doing well, I am exhausted. Totally ready for this baby to come! Couple of weeks left still though...

Thanks ladies.

mumandad - how exciting to meet your baby so soon! Best of luck to you. Sometimes it helps to have made a decision and taken control rather than have it all up in the air. Hugs.

If I get the same pains in the day I will try those things but I figured if it was real labour I'd be needing my sleep! I really hope it is a sign that things are happening.

Hello all :hi:

Went to see consultant today - had a stretch & sweep. Wasn't exactly fun but just pretty uncomfortable. Im really sore now though! Just been getting cramping & pinkish mucus when I wipe. I just sneezed there & I almost died!

Have to go back on Monday morning for a second sweep & if nothing happens I'm having my waters broken in theatre on Wed because baby is sitting too high. That means Tuesday's section has been cancelled, but I figure I'd rather wait an extra day for the chance at a VBAC :D

Doc also said that I'm 1 -1.5cm dilated & cervix is 2cm long, which is apparently 50% effaced? He also felt the need to show me the blood/mucus on his gloves....

I'm suddenly so tired & bad tempered :shrug: I think I'm grumpy because I'm
pretty sore. Think I'll make the kids tea, have a bath & go to bed when DH gets in.

X

Suzzle, thats exciting that progress is being made! I hope you get your VBAC. hopefully the soreness goes away :hugs:

MWs came for their home visit today. Will def be able to put the birth pool in our bedroom so im happy about that :D

My FH is measuring right on at 36cm. and baby is in THE PERFECT postion for birth!!!! :dance: L-O-T. and i couldn't be happier!!! this hopefully means no back labor! So long as the turd stays put :haha:

My FH is measuring right on at 36cm. and baby is in THE PERFECT postion for birth!!!! :dance: L-O-T. and i couldn't be happier!!! this hopefully means no back labor! So long as the turd stays put :haha:

I had a consultant appointment today and was measuring 31. They sent me for ANOTHER growth scan but baby is still normal size (yay!) so they are all puzzled about where I'm storing it :rofl:

mumanddad - good luck with the next couple of days. Hope everything goes well for you. We're all here waiting for news!

Suzzle, thats exciting that progress is being made! I hope you get your VBAC. hopefully the soreness goes away :hugs:

MWs came for their home visit today. Will def be able to put the birth pool in our bedroom so im happy about that :D

Congrats Guppy! Sounds like you are well on the way to a lovely home water birth :)

I'm pleased too that at least SOMETHING is happening! I'm still crampy, but that means it worked I guess :shrug: Just going to take some painkillers & have a nice hot bath with some lovely lavender candles & done essential oils :cloud9:

Congrats Guppy! Sounds like you are well on the way to a lovely home water birth :)

I'm pleased too that at least SOMETHING is happening! I'm still crampy, but that means it worked I guess :shrug: Just going to take some painkillers & have a nice hot bath with some lovely lavender candles & done essential oils :cloud9:

that sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Ok guess I should ask now...what's a sweep and why do some people get them?

Ok guess I should ask now...what's a sweep and why do some people get them?

its also known as membrane stripping, which is the more used term here in the US. anyways, basically its like getting a vigurous internal. Its NOT breaking the bags of water :nope:. You have to be a little dilated to get it done. The care provider puts there finger in your cervix and then wiggles it to strip the membranes (aka your plug). the idea is that if its irratated it will realse hormones to kickstart labor....personally ive had two of them and neither worked. Its one of those things that only works if you were going to go into labor anyways, but they are nice alternatives to try before induction and csection and that sort of thing :thumbup:

Thanks Guppy- I guess they just decide on a case by case basis to do it or not?
I did however immediately after my internal at 39 weeks w DS say man if that doesn't throw me into labor. I did go into labor that night. She didn't say she was doing anything different though.

Megan Thomas our newest valentine and another girl! Born at 23.27pm on Monday 30 mins before her due date :cloud9:

Attachments

• PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
Megan Thomas our newest valentine and another girl! Born at 23.27pm on Monday 30 mins before her due date :cloud9:

Gorgous!!! Congrats hun! :cloud9:
So...does this mean 100% of the babies born so far are :pink:?!
Come on boys!: haha:

Thanks Guppy- I guess they just decide on a case by case basis to do it or not?
I did however immediately after my internal at 39 weeks w DS say man if that doesn't throw me into labor. I did go into labor that night. She didn't say she was doing anything different though.

Well in the states, a ton of providers do stuff like that an not tell ya....so you *could* have had one, not knowing it...or maybe that didn't happen and youre sensitive or the provider was just way too rough-accidentally.. ...i see this happen a lot with my doula clients though :sad1:

Ouch! Sounds like fun. :nope:

I actually didn't think it hurt...but i guess it depends on the person doing it and the mothers comfort levels.

Im wondering!

I have heard that boys take longer to develop...and they are more likely to go overdue...although girls go overdue bunches too, and sometimes boys come early, but between my CBE students and my doula clients, ive seen it play out this way, so maybe it is pretty accurate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->