February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Do you think girls are more likely to come early? 'cause most of the babies born so far were early, right? Interesting. I wonder if this is something typical that plays out in most of the due-month groups.

Well, i know its all just anecdotal evidence for me.
But i did read about cells developing and splitting. Apparently they divide at a slower pace in males compared to females. Which is why if you ever read about the risk of ultrasound, something that will probably pop up in your reading will be how the brain cells of boys take longer to divide than in girls, and so if there is a risk with ultrasound, boys tend to have more the effects than girls. (because the ultrasonic waves slow down the cell division process). Anyways, thats just the scientific evidence that boys do take longer to develop...which can be seen across the board once they are born, even into adolscence and adulthood, we know that girls, on average, develop 2 years faster than boys....thus, i think there really could be something to being mroe liekly to go overdue with a boy than a girl

NOTE* boys can still come early[and they do] and girls can still come late [and they do] but in general there does seem to be a trend.

Thus far, i can personally attest to this-Isaiah was almost 2 weeks overdue. But yes, with my child birth students and with my doula clients, i do see the trend...i mean obviously it can (and does) go differently, but from my personal experience, the trend is def there.

congrats sparklez!

LunaBean is having her induction tomorrow. Will be the first boy. (Admittedly she didn't post often in here though.)

Sparklez, she is beautiful!!

I am ready for it to be tomorrow (Thursday) so that I can go to the Drs already!! My appointment is only 18 hours away :wacko:! I have been in so much pain today, and the pain made me nauseous... and to top it off in the height of the pain I get a call from DS1's teacher saying about him being disrespectful to her and being REALLY bad in school today!! UGHHHHH..... after that phone call I just cried for a little bit.

Congrats sparklez! She is beautiful!

And best wishes to LB tomorrow!

mumanddad-excited to hear the news of your new baby.

I hate the nights the most!! I almost dread bedtime because its so much more uncomfortable and laying down bothers everything. I can't wait till next friday when I don't have to work anymore so I can nap during the day since I can't sleep during the night.
I'm so puffy everywhere. I look like a blow fish :(

EXACTLYYYY
i actually stand beside my bed at night and just stare for a second, trying to figure out which attack might be best... but nothing helps.
i try to get to bed at 10-1030, but im never asleep before 2am!!! ITS RIDICULOUS! ive tried every position, tried the reclining rocker in the nursery, tried the couch, basically everything but the futon in the basement! :nope:

i don't know what else to do. i'm so flustered, it actually has me on the brinjk of tears every night.

i pushed my mat leave up and today was my last official day of work. well... im on a week and a half long vacation, so my mat leave officially starts a week from monday, but either way, I'M FINALLY DONE WORK, and so looking fwd to sleeping during the day, if my body feels the need. :hugs: if you come up with any tricks, PLSPLSPLS let me know lol

Megan Thomas our newest valentine and another girl! Born at 23.27pm on Monday 30 mins before her due date :cloud9:

welcome to our little group, megan :cloud9:
she's beautiful, sparklez! i hope you're feeling well!
congrats!!! :happydance:
we seem to like early girls!
maybe Scarlet will follow suit lol

Ooooh Kelly!! Congrats!! <3 I am excited for you :hugs:!! Not much longer at all!

My FH is measuring right on at 36cm. and baby is in THE PERFECT postion for birth!!!! :dance: L-O-T. and i couldn't be happier!!! this hopefully means no back labor! So long as the turd stays put :haha:

YAY!!! Thats great news guppy!!!! After how long your last labor was! You have been my inspiration for try a natural birth.

I had a consultant appointment today and was measuring 31. They sent me for ANOTHER growth scan but baby is still normal size (yay!) so they are all puzzled about where I'm storing it :rofl:

This was the same for me! Although i had not dropped that much.. i am glad someone else has the same thing going on!

Megan Thomas our newest valentine and another girl! Born at 23.27pm on Monday 30 mins before her due date :cloud9:

CONGRATZ HUN!!!! She is beautiful!!!

Got my csection date ~ See my ticker :winkwink:

YAY KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Sparklez!! Megan is BEAUTIFUL!

As of tomorrow I'm 10 days to due date, then in the single digits counting down...WOW I'm so excited!

At my 36 week check up (36w3d) I wasn't dialated at all and had no spotting or cramping or anything after the check...at 37 week check up (37w5d) I was between 1-2cm, and she said cervix was low and soft. I had a lot of cramping and contractions as well as some bleeding after that appointment. Cramping and contractions have continued, but they aren't consistent at all. I feel that she is VERY low though. Here's hoping my time is soon.

Question for all of you that have been through labor...did your contractions always make your bump hard? Did they ever just feel like sharp pains down low and period cramps? I'm trying to figure out some of what I'm feeling down there.

Glad to see ladies getting their section and induction dates in order, and can't believe we have only 5ish days til its OUR month!! Yay February!!

Guppy - forgot to mention how happy I am to see baby is in perfect position!! I hope he stays put and you get a great back labor free birth!

I'm so glad your baby is in prime position Guppy!! Great news!

RedHead, I had period cramps from 10am until about 6pm, then they were joined by what I thought were BH. By 11pm they were true contractions that made my tummy tighten. And then another 26 hours later I had her! :) hth!

Yay! Sparklez!!! Congrats :)

I can't believe we're talking about contractions and labor and giving birth! Seems like yesterday we all got our bfp.

Yay us!

Thanks Swan! Hoping my time is soon then! Sometimes they go hand in hand, but so far, nothing has been consistent enough to time it.

I know Saphire!! Isn't it crazy? It's our turn!!! :)

One year ago today, I went to my OB bc I was 10 weeks pregnant spotting, and felt something was wrong. My scan showed my baby had passed. The 28th will be one year ago that I had my D&C...can't believe I have a full size baby girl wiggling around in me now ready to join our family. Makes me teary!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->