February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I had menstural type cramping for 3 days before my water broke- no pattern to them, just felt like the :witch: was visiting. Then my water broke...but i had 100% back labor from the begining. once the back labor kicked in i didn't notice any other type of menstrual craming..back labor...it was terrible. I do not remember feeling anything in the front of my bump or any tightening sensations.I dont know if i didn't notice because back labor is that much more severe, or if maybe labor wouldn't be so bad without the back labor :shrug: i can't really say, but what i do know is that i felt like someone was crushing my back hips together! So i guess i can't really answer, sorry hun, but dont worry you'll know if you're in labor :winkwink:

yay! taxes are filed and we beat the standard deduction :dance:

...can't wait to file next yr because then i'll have TWO child tax credits :haha:

Thanks Guppy! Everyone tells me I will know...but of course I still worry that I won't!

I am soooooo hoping I never experience back labor!! It just sounds so wicked!

I pray NONE of you get the back labor...and what is worse than back labor is back labor with a babys head crushing your spine! :shock: dont worry though, that is rare indeed lol
I wouldn't wish back labor on my worst enemy...even my care provider from ISaiah's birth said "if you can do back labor with a posterior, than regular labor will be easy!" and i believe it! I have high hopes for this birth! I really believe if this baby stay LOT and doesn't go sunnyside up, then i firmly have faith that it wont be painful and it will be much faster....and when i say wont be painful...i think i can only say that because ive had the horror of exeperiecing a posterior labor and birth...if i had a regular labor the firs ttime around and then was slamed with a posterior labor the second time around-i would surly die! haha, so to me regular labor is welcome since i know it cant be any harder than it was with Isaiah. And if for some crazy reason i have another posterior labor, at least i know i can do it because i did it once before.

Hope you guys can avoid back labour... The back labour I had was the only thing I couldn't deal with, pain-wise and I had my MW providing counter pressure, which helped a LOT (most of the time)... This time I just have DH and he obviously doesn't have the experience to know the right spots to apply pressure, like my MW did... Eek! Hopefully he'll figure it out though; I'm sure if not, then I will be yelling at him about it :lol:

Started losing my mucus plug last night, just a little bit... Had some more come away today and some cramps... My BP has also risen - I have been taking it regularly throughout the pregnancy and moreso the past few weeks... DH thinks it means I'm going into labour tomorrow (I don't think so, but maybe this weekend?)... I'm feeling a lot more patient... Still REALLY want to get labour underway and have the baby, but I'm not so upset about waking up every morning STILL not in labour ;)

Seem to have caught a cold, which is just lovely... Runny nose, sore/scratchy throat... Hope I can shake it before I go into labour!!!

No updates from here i think i have to wait till tomorrow but im going.to pester the drs when they come round.

My oh wants me to have a c section now lol and he wants to do it, think he is getting a little excited and is fed up of waiting.

O baby went head down for an hour so i started bouncing but he turned back again :( he is stubborn.

Hope your all ok and something comes of your pains xx

No updates from here i think i have to wait till tomorrow but im going.to pester the drs when they come round.

My oh wants me to have a c section now lol and he wants to do it, think he is getting a little excited and is fed up of waiting.

O baby went head down for an hour so i started bouncing but he turned back again :( he is stubborn.

With how adamant baby is to turn around, I'd suspect there's a good reason for it!! :hugs:

Well thats what the mw said yesterday but no one has checked.

Im worried he is going to tangle in his cord and this is what happened to logan :( but they said they would know if his cord was tangled up by the ctg monitor x

Back labor is evil. My hubby says his claim to fame during labor for me was applying the counter pressure during contractions. (he and the nurse switched on and off with it and whoever wasn't at my back was holding me against their chest from the front since I was sobbing lol)

I tell him that his claim to fame should be that he survived 30 hours of labor with me without pissing me off once. :rofl:

just got home from hospital. was admitted last night as holly has hardly been moving for a few days, then yesterday at my 36 week appt, her heartbeat wasnt fantastic. was taken to hospital and put on a ctg and her HB was at 110bpm and then decelerating to 90bpm . they were talking about prepping me for a c-section this morning but she perked up :) been feeling lots of movement this afternoon. glad the last 24 hours is behind me

I had back labour with DS1 :( hoping to avoid it with this LO!

The race is on!! So many things have started to happen in this thread now :cloud9:

As for me, cramps eased off overnight after my sweep yesterday & woke up to no discharge this morning so I thought it had all stopped :cry:

However - later this morning before my acupuncture appointment I lost a huge dark red blob of mucus, a little old blood & some new blood. Have been experiencing some cramps too :thumbup: Hopefully this mornings acupuncture session to prime my cervix will boost the current goings-on. I'm so excited things are happening, still expect to be at my appointment for sweep #2 on Monday morning though!

just got home from hospital. was admitted last night as holly has hardly been moving for a few days, then yesterday at my 36 week appt, her heartbeat wasnt fantastic. was taken to hospital and put on a ctg and her HB was at 110bpm and then decelerating to 90bpm . they were talking about prepping me for a c-section this morning but she perked up :) been feeling lots of movement this afternoon. glad the last 24 hours is behind me

Glad things are looking up tiger :hugs:

Swan, your DH should be very happy about that, DS1's father made me mad a good bit when I was in the hospital with him!! How someone can be late to the birth of their own child because they went to pick up a friend...... and then to try to bring your friend into MY room!! lol, that is why my DH is so much better! :haha:

Tiger, I am glad that they did not have to give you a c-section. :hugs: Maybe you needed more fluids and saline. I had that happen with DS2, I had to get some IV fluids because his heartbeat was dropping down to the 80's.

Suzzle, yay for the sweep seeming to do it's job!!

Appointment in 4.5 hours.... I think that I am going to go back to sleep (only 640am Thursday here). DS2 is still snoring away, so hopefully I will be able to get back to sleep.

Oh, and Kelly, is today your anniversary?

It was on tuesday ~ thanks for noticing :friends: We had a lovely meal, but silly me thought it would be nice to sit outside, I literally ended up cooking it was sooooo hot, been a bit of a heatwave here lately :wacko:

I have this urge to start my maternity leave TODAY! But I'm still scheduled to keep working for another 3 weeks... ahh! I am a teacher and my maternity leave sub is ready to go whenever i say the word.... its so tempting. Maybe im just having a tired day, but man I am so done. (sigh)

3 weeks!!!? Does that give you like a week off? I did that with DS and I went into labor on my 1st day off lol.

I have 9 days! can't wait!!

I decided to talk to my boss and we switched my last day of with from Feb 17 to Feb 3rd!!! In so happy! Only a week and a half left! I am still having really bad hip pain and sciatic nerve pain. I started wearing a maternity support belt and it helps a bit but it will be so much better ti just be off my feet soon :) I was worried I might get bored waiting for Kenny to arrive if I went out too early but now the though of having a couple relaxing weeks sounds like heaven!

Well i have now been admitted of to the mat ward, noone mentioned the words cord prolapse to me if they had i wouldnt of had the ecv x
I read all your updates and I hope you get to meet your baby soon! Glad you're doing ok!

Swan, you should get a moby wrap! they are awesome, especially at that age. She can get boob all she wants while you get stuff done :D

i dont know how ppl dont use baby carriers lol was a life savor for me!

I got the Ergo... But it's so bulky. Anyone recommend getting the Moby too?

Megan Thomas our newest valentine and another girl! Born at 23.27pm on Monday 30 mins before her due date :cloud9:
Congrats!!!! She's beautiful!
Wow that is scary!! I'm so glad everything is ok now!

Wow... so much going on... :hugs: to everyone having pains, possible contractions, trouble sleeping, stubborn babies... and whatever else this lovely last month is bringing you!

Can't believe it really is almost February and I'll finally be able to say I'm due "the 26th" instead of "February 26th!"

Moved to the last box today!! :happydance:

Started losing my mucus plug last night, just a little bit... Had some more come away today and some cramps... My BP has also risen - I have been taking it regularly throughout the pregnancy and moreso the past few weeks... DH thinks it means I'm going into labour tomorrow (I don't think so, but maybe this weekend?)... I'm feeling a lot more patient... Still REALLY want to get labour underway and have the baby, but I'm not so upset about waking up every morning STILL not in labour ;)

Sending labor vibes your way hun! it sounds like some type of progress is at least being made! :dance:
:dust:

Best of luck hun! I can't wait to see a picture of your sweet baby :cloud9:

With how adamant baby is to turn around, I'd suspect there's a good reason for it!! :hugs:

I fully agree with this. If that baby is moving back to breech so often, i sincerely think there is a VERY good reason for it!

Back labor is evil. My hubby says his claim to fame during labor for me was applying the counter pressure during contractions. (he and the nurse switched on and off with it and whoever wasn't at my back was holding me against their chest from the front since I was sobbing lol)

I tell him that his claim to fame should be that he survived 30 hours of labor with me without pissing me off once. :rofl:

:rofl: haha our men can be the "30 hour survivors" ROFL!
Hubby did a great job with counter pressure, but it was still excruciating since LO wouldn't turn :wacko:

Thats scary :hugs: im glad you both are doing okay now though...wonder if she will attempt to make an appearance sooner rather than later?

Suzzle- perhaps your little one will be here soon :D

TeQuiero-hope you get some sleep and have a good appt!

KellyC75- Happy anniversary!

Jokerette- i LOVE the Ergo!!! Keep it for when the baby is bigger! I love the Moby Wrap for when they are little...and actually you can wear it quite comfortably for a long time, but once they get a certain size i just prefer the Ergo :thumbup: both a "must have" in my book :D

AmaryllisRed-:wohoo: last box!!!!!

AFM- the MWs came yesterday and the birth pool can go in our bedroom :dance: i can't wait!
we went to the store last night and got some lovely scented (but not obnoxiously scented) candles. Went with Hibiscus. I was going to do lavendar, since i know thats a therapuetic scent, but i just couldn't do it....it reminds me of my abusive father (those were the scented candles he used to purchase me), so it actually made me more on edge smelling it....then i was going to go with honey suckle...but decided to go with Hibiscus. Either way, its a natural scent so im sure it will be just lovely :flower:

oh and my sister had her baby yesterday!!!! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->