February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So sorry to hear things are stressful mumanddad. Let me know the doctor's name - I think we're both using the same hospital so I want to avoid him like the plague! So far everyone I've seen at that hospital has been lovely EXCEPT for one of the receptionists in the antenatal outpatients bit. She made a huge fuss because I'd been told to go there even though I didn't have my notes and I was worried about movements. I think she went into panic mode because she couldn't follow her paperwork process :haha:

Guppy, I get that sick thing.

No signs here! My due date according to the hospital is tomorrow... My sister graduates tomorrow and my mum is going, both my birth partners. I'm hoping that means I'll go into labour tomorrow due to Sod's law!

Spent this afternoon at the farm and soft play with La and my mother in law. Chasing la round the soft play was funny, I was hoping it would start things off. I spoke to the woman there and joked that I'd be on the bumpy slide to try to start labour, and she said a woman did that and went into labour the same day! I'll be back next week

So sorry to hear things are stressful mumanddad. Let me know the doctor's name - I think we're both using the same hospital so I want to avoid him like the plague! So far everyone I've seen at that hospital has been lovely EXCEPT for one of the receptionists in the antenatal outpatients bit. She made a huge fuss because I'd been told to go there even though I didn't have my notes and I was worried about movements. I think she went into panic mode because she couldn't follow her paperwork process :haha:

Was she in her 20's because if it is she has been rude to alot of people i dont think she is there now as i havent seen her for a while.

I think his name was dr ramsey but ill find out and pm you, i have seen dr steel and another ladie and then that man since tuesday night.

The food is ok though you have a good selection xx

Ok I don't like internals ouch! 1/2 centimeters dialated 50% effaced.

Thanks Swan! Hoping my time is soon then! Sometimes they go hand in hand, but so far, nothing has been consistent enough to time it.

I know Saphire!! Isn't it crazy? It's our turn!!! :)

One year ago today, I went to my OB bc I was 10 weeks pregnant spotting, and felt something was wrong. My scan showed my baby had passed. The 28th will be one year ago that I had my D&C...can't believe I have a full size baby girl wiggling around in me now ready to join our family. Makes me teary!!

Sounds like me. It was just about exactly a year ago that I was 10 weeks pregnant, too. No spotting though. Went to the doc to see that baby had never grown from about 6 or 7 weeks. I miscarried about a week later...right about when this little guy is due.

Was she in her 20's because if it is she has been rude to alot of people i dont think she is there now as i havent seen her for a while.

I think his name was dr ramsey but ill find out and pm you, i have seen dr steel and another ladie and then that man since tuesday night.

It was an older lady...I'd say late forties, with long hair. Maybe she was just having a bad day but she made me want to :brat:

Hayleigh, I hope things improve for you soon!! :|

Aw, thanks Guppy. :hugs: Chris says I'm being too hard on myself, and that I need to remember that there were a lot of factors working against me by that point. I just need to beat up on myself for something lol. But the end result was a perfect baby so I have no complaints. :)

Yikes! Having had no signs of labour at all, I got a really severe back pain for about 30 seconds while I was cooking dinner. I haven't felt anything like it before but now I can't decide whether it was just too much bending over today while I was doing upholstery! Here's hoping for bub to come early :D

Sorry the internal hurt, saphire.
Mine didn't... I've heard other people say theirs hurt, too... I wonder if it only hurts if you're dilated at all... and not if you're closed?

I think that internals really depend on the doctor that does them and how baby pushes afterwards. I don't normally hurt after getting checked, but Addy started to push at me a lot when we left the office. All I have to say is, there better be some progress next week or this little girl is going to have some problems! :haha:

It was an older lady...I'd say late forties, with long hair. Maybe she was just having a bad day but she made me want to :brat:

Yeh i know who your on about i have heard her have a go at a few people that had been told to come in for monitoring i wait go see the older ladie with short hair lol x

Some of my internals (while in labor, so always dilated lol) hurt like crazy and others weren't bad at all. I think definitely a big part of it (at least in my experience) is whoever performs the internal, because my one doctor was BRUTAL and the others paled in comparison. I swear you'd have thought she was on a treasure hunt or something the way she dove in there wayyyyy faster than I expected. -_-

Sorry the internal hurt, saphire.
Mine didn't... I've heard other people say theirs hurt, too... I wonder if it only hurts if you're dilated at all... and not if you're closed?

I was closed when I was last checked and it hurt like the dickens!

i had an internal before i was admitted to check for dilation and i screamed the place down.
he was so rough and pushed it in at the wrong angle and i started swearing like a sailor :blush: i was holding jonnos hand and he said he didnt get blood flow for 30min after :haha: it was so very painful, then he had to push it in further because it wasnt sitting right :nope:
i was screaming like you wouldnt believe. apparently my cervix is even thinner than the last time i was in 3 weeks ago and thats probably why it hurts so much, because its so frail.

Internals only really hurt me when I tense up... Though when my MW was doing my pap smear a few months ago, it was just like I was REALLY tender down there.. She said it might feel uncomfortable, but it's not right for it to hurt as much as it did... :S (This was before she started messing with my cervix - she used the smallest speculum she had too)... I think if you're swollen down there (which is pretty much inevitable with so much baby pressing down on the tissue down there) then you can be a lot more sensitive.

Happy news! Aria weighs 6'14 according to my food scale! That's a whole pound up since she was weighed at the doctor just under two weeks ago. :dance: Project baby gain is, thus far, a success. Now to keep pressing onward and hope the shield does not eff up my supply until I can get her fully nursing without it. Fingers crossed!

OMG...ladies, my mom makes me laugh so hard. I call her an innocent because sometimes she says things that are SO FUNNY but she doesn't GET it. But then there are times when she comes up with stuff that I can't believe!!! Examples:

Innocent: She and my aunt don't like Cheese-wiz (however it's spelt...that fake cheese stuff in a spray can?) and they call it Cheese-Giz. I told them that they may not want to call it that in public and had to finally explain WHY it wasn't exactly an appropriate thing to say!!!

Innocent: Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie and whipped cream. She's piling the stuff on her pie and we're laughing and she's saying she loves it, blah blah and SAYS, "Really, just spray it towards my face. In my mouth would be best." ... I almost peed myself.

NOT Innocent: I have a picture on Facebook of me in shorts, pregnant belly, and a bikini top from New Years Eve back home on the beach. She just posts "Finally a photo where your boobs aren't the biggest thing in the picture..." Ahahaahahahaaha!! Comic relief, she is!

lmao jp - she sounds like my mum, although my mum is NOT innocent at all !
before i went away for christmas, my mum asked me to do some washing for her, so i did. well when i went in her room to place the clothes in their after being washed, there was a note on the pillow. i assumed it was for me (NEVER assume anything!) , but it was for my dad, and the first line read " hey baby, such a shame you cant be with us this christmas, we would all love you here, wont be the same without you..." so i kept reading and :sick: :sick: it was the most graphic sex letter :sick: she went into full detail and it was so dirty. i seriously puked in my mouth !
she had a laugh when dad said it wasnt on the pillow where she said it was left. (i just threw it down and ran out :rofl: )

swan - im so happy for you that aria is doing so well ! you give me so much hope that if i have trouble this time around, that i can beat it !

I didn't realize internals would hurt! I thinki will be getting my first tomorrow, but I was a really kind of excited because want to know if am dilated or effaced. Is that weird of me?

I have been feeling the occasional pressure down there. It literally feels like something is happening. I don't know if I am feeling Kenny push on my cervix from the inside, or is it possible to "feel" the cervix thin and dialate?

I can't even express how excited I am for everyone! Pretty soon this page will be all updates! guppy if you see me post on FB and I forget to post here please feel free to update everyone! :) course, might still have 4-5 weeks but I hope not! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->