February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I tell him that his claim to fame should be that he survived 30 hours of labor with me without pissing me off once. :rofl:

:rofl: haha our men can be the "30 hour survivors" ROFL!
Hubby did a great job with counter pressure, but it was still excruciating since LO wouldn't turn :wacko:

My labour was 70 hours in total!! OH was an absolute star, couldn't have done it without him, even though our rubbish midwife suggested to him that he was stressing me out when infact it was her! She was out of the room when she told him this and he didn't tell me till afterwards, if I heard her say that I'd have swung for her :growlmad:

I have a question for you girls....

Do any of you feel your baby do a shiver/twitch/tremor in the womb? He only does it once in awhile and it last for like 2-3 secs. It almost feels like he is having a seizure or something??? He has been doing it for months now and again it is not that often. It almost feels like you know when someone is in a deep sleep and does a fast twitching...... ?? I'm not worried about it i was just wondering if anyone gets it?

Yes. Don't google it. :)
I guess it's common just because their nervous systems aren't mature yet. Same as when they do the "startle" thing after they're born. No big deal and very common. :)

Yes. Don't google it. :)
I guess it's common just because their nervous systems aren't mature yet. Same as when they do the "startle" thing after they're born. No big deal and very common. :)

LOL... Yes i figured that! I really wasn't worried that is why i just asked you girls if anyone else gets it. I know, i didn't Google it because i thought i would just get myself freaked out for no reason!!! Hehehehe

I have a question for you girls....

Do any of you feel your baby do a shiver/twitch/tremor in the womb? He only does it once in awhile and it last for like 2-3 secs. It almost feels like he is having a seizure or something??? He has been doing it for months now and again it is not that often. It almost feels like you know when someone is in a deep sleep and does a fast twitching...... ?? I'm not worried about it i was just wondering if anyone gets it?

Yups I get that :) I wondered what it was but never googled

Haha if you google it, you'll find that in EXTREMELY RARE cases there are babies who had seizures in utero and turn out to have them after they're born. But the vast majority of cases where the mom feels this, it's just the baby's immature nervous system. :thumbup:

Oh my goodness ladies, I'm really struggling tonight :cry:

Had a rather 'vigorous' sweep on Wed with loss of my plug/bloody show on Wed/Thur and some cramps, which tapered off last night & I had nothing all day today until about 2pm when the mucus started up again with slight streaks of fresh blood, sporadic tightenings that are more intense than usual. My back is absolutely killing me tonight!

I did have a mad cleaning session, which even involved partially changing the water in the fish tank, so that burst of activity probably explains the pains, etc.

I think I'm just a bit 'tired & emotional' because I had THE worst sleep of my entire pregnancy last night :cry:

Just had a nice Chinese, so going to try a hot bath & hopefully get a good nights sleep!

Sorry for whining to you all yet again, hopefully your day has been much better than mine!

Haha if you google it, you'll find that in EXTREMELY RARE cases there are babies who had seizures in utero and turn out to have them after they're born. But the vast majority of cases where the mom feels this, it's just the baby's immature nervous system. :thumbup:

I've also read that if your baby is a thumb sucker they 'nuzzle' if they lose the thumb from their mouth, until they get it back in again. I'm assuming it's that little side to side head movement that newborns make when they are first nursing.

Sounds promising suzzle! How come they are sweeping you already? I forget if you said.

Awww, that sounds so cute!! Nuzzling... :cloud9:
suzzle, I hope you feel better and have a better night tonight. :hugs:

so when i was in hospital i ended up getting my bum out and they gave me some very very very strong steroid cream to put on it . well last night after one application i could tell it had shrunk already ! :dance: so i put another application on before bed, woke up this morning and my bum is dripping blood everywhere ? :shock: i rang my mum because i went to touch it and had blood dripping down my hand and arm there was so much, the toilet bowl is filled with blood. my mum said its normal because thats what it is, a vein, and if it bursts, it should go away ?! is this true ? do i just sit here with a pad on my bum ? how long should it be bleeding for ? this is ALOT of blood ?

Sounds promising suzzle! How come they are sweeping you already? I forget if you said.

I'd like to think so, but I think I'm kidding myself :-/

I had a sweep on Wed, have another booked on Mon & am having my waters broken in theatre this Wed if nothing has happened. Seems forever away!

I had serious shoulder dystocia with DS1, he was really stuck & it was a close shave. DS2 was a section because basically they didn't want it to happen again. Decided to try for a VBAC this time after having MRSA with the section & other things, the risk of SD increased with subsequent babies & their size.

Because of the section I cant be induced with hormones (which is what they would usually do) So we hoped the sweep would move things along & I might not need to have my waters broken.

Ive been really struggling with PGP for the entire pregnancy too and it's safer if the baby is delivered naturally as opposed to section because it squeezes all the fluid out & they tend to have less breathing issues.

X

I don't know about the blood, but good for you, being brave and getting your bum out and getting cream for it!

so when i was in hospital i ended up getting my bum out and they gave me some very very very strong steroid cream to put on it . well last night after one application i could tell it had shrunk already ! :dance: so i put another application on before bed, woke up this morning and my bum is dripping blood everywhere ? :shock: i rang my mum because i went to touch it and had blood dripping down my hand and arm there was so much, the toilet bowl is filled with blood. my mum said its normal because thats what it is, a vein, and if it bursts, it should go away ?! is this true ? do i just sit here with a pad on my bum ? how long should it be bleeding for ? this is ALOT of blood ?

I don't know about the blood, but good for you, being brave and getting your bum out and getting cream for it!

I totally agree - well done you for getting something done about it!

Areas with lots of blood vessels bleed a lot, but it shouldn't last too long. As for it being normal after treating haemarrhoids I'm not sure.

Hope it eases off :hugs:

:hugs: suzzle - hope you're feeling better soon! though you went through a big cleaning fest today...? my nurse told me most women go through a huge nesting session right before labor...

FX! lol

Tiger, blood always looks worse in water, like a shark attack!! If it's still heavy after 24 hours I'd call and ask for advice but it sounds normal to me. I had a skin tag removed from that area and it bled a lot at first but did ease off.

suzzle, good luck!

I have a cold, I don't feel ill but I've had an alternately blocked/runny nose for days, and now have a bit of a sore throat.

Give me strength ladies... We have step-son coming today and he is very loud and demanding of energy and La gets hyper and crazy when he's here too. Then this afternoon (while he's still here) my best friend and her boyfriend are coming over for a few hours, and then this evening if they can get last minute tickets, husband is taking step-son to the TNA wrestling event over here.

I am knackered just thinking about it!!

Hello ladies quick update.

Yesterday they where sending me home but wanted to turn him first the c secion next friday but he had a different idea his heart beat dropped so i had an emergancy c section Corbyn Matthew arrived at 2:30 am and weighs 4lb 15 oz

be is currently in scbu on oxygen and he has been under a heat lamp, he is also getting fed through a tube.

Ill update more later im off too see him for the first time.

But here is a quick picture x

Attachments

• 2012-01-28 03.50.20.jpg
    2012-01-28 03.50.20.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16
Oh he is beautiful!!! Well done! Wow, how sudden but lovely. x

Mum he is gorgeous! Praying for you guys. Welcome Corbyn, our first baby boy Valentine!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->