February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Well, I'm awol for 2 days and we have 2 more baby announcements! :dance: perhaps I should log off more often! :haha: Congrats girlies!

LunaBean also had her baby boy.

Was it JP who said about beginning to think they might want an epi instead of all natural? (Well, whoever it was I direct this at you, apologies, my brain is fried!) I would say going into it with an open mind is key. I was hoping to use nothing more than gas and air with DD1, but ended up with an epidural on the advice of both the MW and my consultant. Because I had kept an open mind about exactly how everything was going to turn out, I feel I felt much less "guilt" and regret than a lot of my friends who have some more set-in-stone ideas. :hugs: You'll do great whatever you decide!

Nope, not me! :) I really want to do it all naturally if I can. I'm open to the epi if I come to the point where I really need it, but I'm going to Try to go without!

ahh you ladies are swaying me. i havent been bothered to ring the hospital or anything because i really didnt think it could be my waters !
its so much of a hassle/alot of money/time to get to the mainland to be told its not my waters :(

Congrats wantabean!!! :)

Good luck night!! Will be thinking of you!

Bumpie picture time!.....Havent taken one for a while

Heres 32 & 35 weeks....Any changes??? :shrug:

Attachments

• 32 Week bump ~ DD2.png
    32 Week bump ~ DD2.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 35 Week bump DD2.png
    35 Week bump DD2.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 50
Hope all goes well nightkd! And tiger, do get checked. It sounds like waters.

not really leaking as such, just dribbling ? like extremely watery discharge? but its not really discharge, just clear?

Congrats wannabean!

Good luck nightkd :)

Tiger give a call in the am.
On that note I wonder about that myself if u leak because your waters are broken do you not always start having contractions? How would u know your in labor if not?

I at the moment feel like something is stuck sitting "there" when I walk. Guess this is why the OB does weekly visits at this stage because your so blinking worried at least I am.

Hey ladies, wow can't belive how impatient some of these baba's are!! Mine just needs to wait until next Wednesday (37 weeks) so I can have my homebirth!! Yay. Excited now coz hubby is home now and won't be away again til little man is 6 months old so just normal work to go to! Nothing much happening here tho, having a tidy of the lady garden later today and may book myself in for a pedicure maybe tomorrow and hair done on Wednesday then it shouldn't need doing til after he's here. Good luck to our laboring ladies, congrats to our new mummy's. X

nightkd-can't wait to hear your news! I hope all is going great!

Tiger-im not sure whats up...it really does sound like waters to me, but im just surprised labor hasn't started :shrug: so maybe its not? IDK...im just not sure what else it could be....it really sounds like when my waters went.
95% of women whose water breaks (or leaks) will start labor within 24 hours though.

If it is your waters, i would have to believe it is only the forewaters (the water at the top of the babys head) and not both the forewater and hindwaters (water behind/beside the baby). Usually when it leaks, it is only forewaters. If its a huge gush then its generally both, but do let me stress...there is NO such thing as a dry birth, so dont worry about that :thumbup: Dont let ppl scare you with infection talk either. Simply do not put anything in the vagina (until you know). No sex, no exams, etc). Check your temp every 4 hours. Otherwise, its not concern, if this is your waters your baby will be here soon :D If its not, then no biggie :D

Hope baba holds on for you, geogem!

Tiger, I had a sweep at 40 weeks with my daughter and from that point on I had lots of watery discharge... when they induced me at 42 weeks they realised my waters had already gone, and noone knows when! It's worth checking any wateriness.

Ok, so i knoww i'm a first timer.. but some of the things that are happening are just odd to me.

I woke up very early this morning, like 4-430... my left breast was SOOO SORE, and felt as though it was on FIRE. it was mainly along the underneath, but began to travel throughout. I tried just massaging it, but it kept getting more intense, so I got a cool compress, and left it on while i went back to sleep. This morning was better, but it was KILLER. any ideas on what this is??? and why only in ONE breast?! lol :shrug:

Not really sure...it could just be the breast getting ready for the baby to be born and eat...ive heard of that in BFing women, but not during pregnancy...it doesn't sound like any concern to me, but do take you temp a couple times, just in case. I dont anticipate it to be an infection, but since you're not sure thats what i would do...also a HOT compress would be beneficial-not so much a COLD compress. Showering and massaging while in the shower should help :thumbup: You could also do some hand expression of the colostrum, that may relieve it as well.

Congrats to the new mommy's..

Tiger I agree to get it checked out.. just in case its your waters..

AFM not much happening.. and thats fine for now.. 36 weeks on wednesday will find out whats been going on for the last 2 weeks then... hope everyone is well..

I'm starting to feel discouraged... i have had so many people tell me... "Youre probably going to go late past your due date. you're still carrying too high". And then I look in the mirror and i think they're right, maybe i am carrying too high still. I'd love for baby to arrive on time, not late. What do you think? Am i dropping at all????

32 week (black bathing suit) and 37 week (red/white/blue)

Attachments

• 32 weeks.jpg
    32 weeks.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 37 weeks.jpg
    37 weeks.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
Baby can move down right at the very end so don't let people discourage you hun. :hugs:

Almost Mama, that is what I felt before I started to get my colostrum this time. It was in one side, but I did get the colostrum in in both sides. :) Warm helps a lot more, like Guppy said!

Jokerette, don't let anyone discourage you, my boys both stayed high. I went a week over with DS1, and he was only induced because he did not have much fluid and he looked larger on the ultrasound. It wasn't bad going over with him. :hugs: You have a pretty bump hun!

wow this is exciting!

Congrats wantabean our first boy valentine, come over to the thread swan made: https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/853688-february-valentines-2012-a-3.html#post15279486

good luck nightkd, hope it's going well x

congrats on your house Kelly hope you're really happy there

tiger that sounds like when my waters went too, a lot of clear fluid at first then little bits, I was told to keep one of your pads in a sealed bag then midwife checked that instead of doing an exam which would have increased the risk of infection, are you getting any tightenings? I was getting irregular ones for about 30 hours between my waters going and established labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->