February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

JP-dont worry about big babies :) Unless you have something like GD, your body will not produce a baby bigger than it can birth. My mom had 5 babies naturally and she said her 10.5lb was the easiest of em all! (she had untreated GD, but she still had only a 2 hour labor from first contraction to placenta-at home, unassisted-none the less)
Also, the average American baby weighs 6lb-9.5lb so an 8lb would be smack in the middle :D
From here on out the baby isn't going to gain insane amounts of weight. It usually begins to stay consistant.

Thanks hon! I hope not. I don't have GD, but I'm short, and normally pretty small and lord I just can't even imagine trying to push out a 10.5 lb baby!! Your poor mom, LOL!

:haha: my moms like me- 5 foot 1

Zombie, congrats on your baby girl!! :hugs:

Tiger, let us know what the doctors say :), I'm thinking about you.

^WSS.
you can drop weeks before labor, and you can not drop at all until labor...there really is no "normal"
Also, i just want to point out that some women, you can physically see dropping by looking at their bump. My baby was engaged from week 35 clean to almost 42 (with DS) and you can't even tell it in pictures! So dont let sight fool you!

My Lact-Aids arrived! :yipee: now all i have to do is what for this baby to make an appearance lol

Peawich (no name picked yet!) was born at 4:14pm, 30th of January, weighing 9lbs 15.8oz and 21" long!!!!!! Will update with pics later. :)

Peawich (no name picked yet!) was born at 4:14pm, 30th of January, weighing 9lbs 15.8oz and 21" long!!!!!! Will update with pics later. :)

:dance: yay! congrats!!!
I cannot wait to hear your birth story!!!

congrats nighkd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and wow what a big bubba ?!!! was evie that big ?

as for me - im currently waiting to be taken to the clinic. i know they are going to send me to town :(
i really dont think its my waters as ive not really leaked since. i have a dribble occasionally but thats it, and im not contracting.

i would have thought labor would have started if it was waters...but i am quite curious as to what it could be...any ideaS?

Yay nightkd! Congrats!!!

Does everyone who delivered so far have a full birth story somewhere? I'd like to read all the details.

no flipping idea. im just getting really pissed off because deep down i know i need to be checked to make sure but im pretty sure its not and i know im going to be wasting my time and money

well congrats !!!! thats one healthy baby !
afm- ive been to the clinic on the island and they said it sounds like my hind waters, but they did an internal exam and said that they couldnt see any pooling etc of liquor. the hospital advised i come in and spend the night, but it just wasnt possible so i declined. they were ok with it and so now im wearing these HUGE sterile pads, and they are like double the size of a mat pad ! and i have to take them in tomorrow to be checked to see how much fluid there is, if any. if there is any fluid, i go to town.
also my internal exam was so effing painful again. it was horrendous, i was biting my hand and screaming the whole time. and now im bleeding a little bit and it hurts to walk :(

Congrats zombie and nightkd! More bubbas!

I have the midwife later, she says she has to book my induction today as next week it will be the day before it is meant to be done so she has todo it this week. She knows I won't be going though unless there is a medical need.

She wants to do a sweep, but I don't know if I want one. My first one last time (I had ten!) really hurt, I bled lots and I started to leak watery stuff... When they did induce me I swear my cervix was bruised and sore, my waters had gone (and no water seemed to come out at all when she was born) and I wonder if the sweeps were the cause.

I just think that sweeps only work if you're about to go anyway and if you are, why bother having one?

Congrats Night and Zombie!! I will update the new thread when I get home (later today) from my parents house. :) for now... Attempting to sleep some more if aria will allow it. :haha:

Oh Saphire I have one typed at home on my computer. I will try to remember to share it when I get home. :)

Congratulations on all the new babies!!!! They aren't wasting any time in making an appearance!

Tiger - hope they can figure out what's going on and put your mind at rest.

Becstar - I don't think I want to be induced either as I keep thinking they will come when they are ready. I am pretty sure I'll go overdue as I've still had no bh's or any other twinges so have been thinking about it quite a bit now. I'm sure my hospital due date is wrong as it was impossible I conceived as early as I would've had to to be due on the 4th. They moved me forwards 9 days from my LMP so if they induced me I could potentially still be earlier and not '2 weeks overdue' like they try not to let you go over right?
What would happen if I didn't get induced? Would I have to stay in hospital to get monitored or would I just have extra mw appointments to make sure everything was ok?

Also, I'm a bit pissed off this morning! OH pressed snooze 3 times on his phone this morning which meant his god awful alarm (complete with vibrate that I could feel through the bed) went off 4 times!!!! Was gone 2am again when I got to sleep last night so could've done with a lie in but I've now been wide awake since 6.30 and I'm starting to feel hungry so may have to get up for breakfast. Hopefully I can sneak a power nap in this afternoon to catch up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->