February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I'm starting to feel discouraged... i have had so many people tell me... "Youre probably going to go late past your due date. you're still carrying too high". And then I look in the mirror and i think they're right, maybe i am carrying too high still. I'd love for baby to arrive on time, not late. What do you think? Am i dropping at all????

32 week (black bathing suit) and 37 week (red/white/blue)

You still have time hun..... my bump looked like that until almost 38 weeks and then it just seemed like overnight it dropped. (the week before my FH measurement was 37 and then that week it was 34).....

KELLY-
It looks like you have dropped to me!!!

Ooh exciting, can't wait for the updates!

Definitely call them Tiger. If you can describe it over the phone they might tell you to go to the hospital or tell you it was nothing to worry about. I think they normally like to make sure labour gets underway within a certain time after the waters have broken so it would be best to know if you can. Good luck!

Samantha, sounds a bit like some of the pain I had after I had Aria initially. Echoing the others, warm compresses will probably help. :) Keeping my back to a warm shower spray helped alleviate the pressure of my milk coming in and I'd hand express a little while showering just to help too. :)

thanks guys :) sounds like waters to me! thats how mine was. i never went into labour thats why i got sectioned two weeks later. def get checked. i had to be on antibiotics for 12 days aswell. def get checked. i know i was convinced it was pee eve after they had checked and said it was waters lol will get a pic up of adam the now for u all to see. how are u all? xxx

Hi all.... STILL here :cry:

Had my second sweep today, consultant said that there was no change since last week's examination. I was so devastated I went to McDonalds on the way home to make myself feel better! Had a mad cleaning session to get it out of my system, then a lie down.

Looks like it's amniotomy in theatre for me on Wed then :shrug: Just wanted to go into labour myself, but at least the section isn't definite right now.

I feel like all I've done is post about how miserable I am on here lately, so I'm sorry about that. I even stayed away from the thread for a few days to spare you all :blush:

Hope you are all doing better than I am at least!

Last but not least, congrats wantabean on the first Feb boy :hugs:

Suzzle- I'm sorry you're feeling down :( but don't feel guilty about posting! That's what we're here for! :hugs:

I hope your LO arrives soon!!

It's official! I'M A MOMMY!!!!

Anarah Belle was born on 01/28/12 at 6:59pm weighing in at 7lbs and 4ounces, 19 inches long!

Congrats again Zombie! I so wanted to spill the beans on here :blush: but i figured i would let you make the announcement :blush:

going in to get checked this morning just in case. i really dont want to risk infection.
i dont think its my waters though :( ugh, and i threw the pad out because i didnt think it was !

Will be interesting to find out what it was tiger!
Best of luck and i hope your trip is worth it as i know its not easy (nor cheap) getting off the island and all.

congrats zombie !
i bet you are over the moon !!!!!!!!

Ughhhhh. Appt today went "fine". I've lost another lb so now my total gain is 30lbs. I'm fine with that. I think I'm starting to get some stretch marks...but I can't really tell. I can't get close enough to really see!!! LOL. Anyways, Dr said that he thinks baby will be AT LEAST 8 lbs at birth. *sigh* If he's 8 lbs I'm okay with that. I was 8 something and that's fine. I'm just really scared that he's going to be huge!! He said I'm measuring on the big side of normal but that it's always hard to tell what's water and what's baby. I won't get checked for progress again until next week, but I doubt I've dilated at all yet anyways. Bah.

In other news...our swing got here today and I put it together. It's sooooo cute!!!!

AND my Masters degree diploma came in the mail. Feels Really good to have that!

JP-dont worry about big babies :) Unless you have something like GD, your body will not produce a baby bigger than it can birth. My mom had 5 babies naturally and she said her 10.5lb was the easiest of em all! (she had untreated GD, but she still had only a 2 hour labor from first contraction to placenta-at home, unassisted-none the less)
Also, the average American baby weighs 6lb-9.5lb so an 8lb would be smack in the middle :D
From here on out the baby isn't going to gain insane amounts of weight. It usually begins to stay consistant.

JP-dont worry about big babies :) Unless you have something like GD, your body will not produce a baby bigger than it can birth. My mom had 5 babies naturally and she said her 10.5lb was the easiest of em all! (she had untreated GD, but she still had only a 2 hour labor from first contraction to placenta-at home, unassisted-none the less)
Also, the average American baby weighs 6lb-9.5lb so an 8lb would be smack in the middle :D
From here on out the baby isn't going to gain insane amounts of weight. It usually begins to stay consistant.

Thanks hon! I hope not. I don't have GD, but I'm short, and normally pretty small and lord I just can't even imagine trying to push out a 10.5 lb baby!! Your poor mom, LOL!

I'm starting to feel discouraged... i have had so many people tell me... "Youre probably going to go late past your due date. you're still carrying too high". And then I look in the mirror and i think they're right, maybe i am carrying too high still. I'd love for baby to arrive on time, not late. What do you think? Am i dropping at all????

32 week (black bathing suit) and 37 week (red/white/blue)

You have a very pretty bump :kiss: Dont worry (as others said) about what people say :hugs:

tiger that sounds like when my waters went too, a lot of clear fluid at first then little bits, I was told to keep one of your pads in a sealed bag then midwife checked that instead of doing an exam which would have increased the risk of infection, are you getting any tightenings? I was getting irregular ones for about 30 hours between my waters going and established labour.

Eeeekkk, im getting lots of tightnings (stronger than before & more often) , backache too & increase in discharge (tmi)....Had diaroeh (TMI!) last night & felt soooo sick :sick:
With my other children I really wanted them to arrive early, but this one...Please stay cooking :baby: I really have so much to do in these next few weeks!

KELLY-[/B] It looks like you have dropped to me!!!

Does 'dropping' actually mean anything? :shrug: She wont come early, will she....:wacko:

It's official! I'M A MOMMY!!!!

Anarah Belle was born on 01/28/12 at 6:59pm weighing in at 7lbs and 4ounces, 19 inches long!

Aww ~ :cloud9: Many Congrats :baby: Lovely name too

going in to get checked this morning just in case. i really dont want to risk infection.
i dont think its my waters though :( ugh, and i threw the pad out because i didnt think it was !

Good luck Tiger, I will be interested to hear what it is :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"