February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Grr dizzy, my husband does that! Drives me mad.

I have put in writing to the supervisor of midwives that I am sure of my dates and I will not consent to induction unless it is specifically, medically necessary for my baby or me - not just because of dates. I have said I am happy to be regularly monitored. I will have to go in either daily or two or three times a week for a half hour trace, and maybe have a scan if they offer it. You don't have to stay in. 9 days is a big difference, eh?!

Ps a good question to ask is 'are you telling me this because it is policy, because it is what you personally believe, or what is best for me and my baby? Why?'

I did have an exam and my cervix was soft and favourable, stretching to 2cm. So I asked for a gentle sweep and it was ok. Baby is 2/5 engaged.

Congrats, nightkd!!
Wow, it's like a baby a day around here now!!

My DH has to get up for work at 3 pm. So he sets his alarm for 11 am and doesn't hear it, and I have to go in every nine minutes and shut it off. :wacko: :grr:

Sounds like progress, becstar!! :thumbup:

Congrats zombie and nightkd! I wonder who will have the first actual Feb bub? Tiger maybe? :D

Hang in there Tiger, it sounds like things are starting to happen. Hope it gets easier for you soon.

I'm soooo achey now. Keep getting back pain but I don't think it's labour related unfortunately! I have been so lazy today, I snoozed on the sofa from about 9am until 1pm! It's weird as I haven't felt that tired until this week. YAWWWNNNN!

Tiger :hugs: I hope that everything is okay! Sorry that they were not able to tell you more about if it was your water or not.

Hey ladies, Can not believe that the days are counting down so fast!!
Congrats to all the new mammy's!!
Hope everyone is doing well xx

Congrats zombie and nightkd!

1 day overdue now. I'm really debating whether or not I allow induction if I go too far over.
I don't want to. But IF I were to refuse and something were to go wrong, I'd NEVER forgive myself.

amanda-just remember a normal pregnancy can last 42 weeks!!!
I had my LO at 41+5...they were really pushing induction but they had NO medical reason except that i was "overdue". I didn't agree to it and im very glad because they said based on his physical exam that he was 40 weeks gestation and not the nearly 42 they so claimed...and that was based on ovulation, so it just goes to show that babies develop at different rates!

i had a practice contraction around 10am and again a little after 11am. They didn't feel like BHs..but i dont know if they were contractions (i doubt it)...ive only ever had 2 BHs and neither of these felt like that...but since ive never really had em, i guess thats probably what it is...i can't even compare it to regular contractions either because that was 100% back labor, and so i have no idea what a contraction feels like without the back labor im pretty sure its just BHs...no tightening feelings though...felt like i was going to have the Big D (or menstrual cramping only over the entire bump) only it last like half a minute and i never passed gas or anything. Oh well. Is interesting since i never had any of this with Isaiah. i reckon its a big fat nothing though. i dont think i would go early lol

Amanda- I would agree with Guppy, dont feel pressured about induction just yet... as she said from her own experience babies develop differently and even if you know the exact date of ovulation your baby might need a little longer to be fully ready :) As long as they monitor your progress and the fluid around the baby and the effectiveness of your placenta then I'd hang in there! Maybe baby will be ready today!? :)

Guppy,..oh practice contractions, or maybe BH! Exciting! :)

I'm feeling pretty good today. I woke up really tired, like Ellitigg, but now I'm at work and going strong. Only a few more days left and I cant wait to have a few days of Lifetime movies and relaxing.... i also just downloaded some recipes for some easy casseroles. I'm going to premake some and freeze them :)

Anyone feeling any strong crazy nesting urges. When my sister in law had her first she made over 100 pancakes and froze them! :) LOL

When my sister in law had her first she made over 100 pancakes and froze them! :) LOL

:rofl: that is HILARIOUS! hahaha thats seriously awesome, right there lol

I slept sooo much the last two days...the calm before the storm :shrug: i never felt so tired in my life.

:rofl: @ the pancakes!!

Hmm.... I just have this urge to go to Baby Depot and buy EVERYTHING. Does that count as nesting? :haha:

I like the pancakes :) I don't think that I am going to precook anything, DH is really good to me (and we don't have any room in our freezer).

I feel terrible today.... I am soo nauseous and I think my body is working to clean itself out. Not much fun at all :(

I'm so ready lol!!! Last night I had like 5 contractions 35 min apart. Like GUPPY- I'm assuming they are contractions as I never had them before with DS. They feel like a period cramp then I feel like I loose my breath it's not hard like hitting a wall like the dr said but because they are always the same and last like 30 sec. that is my assumption.

My body is rebelling though I feel like I can't do anything but sit. just have to get through today and tomorrow then I will be off from work!! Yay! I am hoping a get a couple days to myself before Izzy decides to come though.

Hope everyone is doing well today :)

Glad it's not just me Guppy, I feel less guilty now!

:thumbup: to pancakes! If she has any left, send em my way lol! I have been cooking DH nice stuff to eat at work every week I've been off like tiffin and brownies and granola bars but none of it is lasting until LO gets here :haha:

I'm so ready lol!!! Last night I had like 5 contractions 35 min apart. Like GUPPY- I'm assuming they are contractions as I never had them before with DS. They feel like a period cramp then I feel like I loose my breath it's not hard like hitting a wall like the dr said but because they are always the same and last like 30 sec. that is my assumption.

thats EXACTLY what it feels like!!!! Oh i hope this means good news for us! lol

I know i should be in the upright position more, but its been cold and snowing and DS naps for a good 3-4 hours every day, so its hard not to just sit around...i hope that doesn't make things take longer, but i can't help it! I just feel so lazy and i do NOT have that nesting thing going on whatsoever....never did with Isaiah either :shrug:

If my EDD was based on LMP i would be 38 weeks!!! Thats so odd!

Im glad we based it on ovulation (i ov. SUPER late) and im happy about this EDD isntead of LMP EDD because if i go super far over (like last time :wacko:) then i wont be as pressured into induction...but at the same time would be nice to say im 38 weeks :haha:

Thank you Guppy. I can hope that it means impending labor. I woke up last night feeling nauseous and then it just stayed into the day. I told DH that it is often a sign of your body preparing, he just asks me why I don't wait until the doctors appointment on Thursday. If Adelina decides she is coming today I am not going to stop her :) (it would be pretty hard)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->