February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Thats interesting!

with DS i went 41+5 based on LMP. Based on ov. i would have been 41+2. So i guess even when you know ovulation, all babies develop at different rates. Although, that cycle i ov. like CD 18 whereas with this pregnancy it wasnt until CD 22 ...I only have 10 day LP (generally 32 day cycles)...so that sucks lol will be interesting to see when this one comes htoug! Its weird to think i would be 38 weeks if it were based on LMP.

just wondering... what do your measurements on ultrasound show? I know it doesnt always mean anything but are you measuring closer to you LMP or OV date?

I wish I knew my dates for sure with DS, but we were ntnp, so I was guessing even at my LMP!! So now I don't know if he was really 41 weeks exactly when he was born or if he could've been just 40... maybe even less. :shrug:

So now I don't know what to expect from having this baby at 39+4... But I AM glad that I'm sure of my dates and I know s/he really will be 39+4 and not any younger than that. :thumbup:

Yay for it already being February in Australia-- and now in the UK as well!! Happy February!! :)

Thats interesting!

with DS i went 41+5 based on LMP. Based on ov. i would have been 41+2. So i guess even when you know ovulation, all babies develop at different rates. Although, that cycle i ov. like CD 18 whereas with this pregnancy it wasnt until CD 22 ...I only have 10 day LP (generally 32 day cycles)...so that sucks lol will be interesting to see when this one comes htoug! Its weird to think i would be 38 weeks if it were based on LMP.

just wondering... what do your measurements on ultrasound show? I know it doesnt always mean anything but are you measuring closer to you LMP or OV date?

Haha, ultrasound didn't agree with either of those dates lol
[For this pregnancy] I had my first ultrasound at 8+5 (thats according to ov. edd). The ultrasound thought i was 9+3.

So to put that into perspective:

OV = 8+5
ultrasound = 9+3 (5 day difference to ov)
LMP = 10 + 0 (9 day difference to ov, and 4 day difference to ultrasound)

That was 1st tri. When i went back for my 20 week ultrasound (which was actually done at 18 weeks exactly, based on ovulation). It said i was 18 weeks. ...I havn't had any other scans done....tbh though, i dont trust them...when i had my son EDD based on LMP was Aug 23rd. Based on ultrasound it was August 25th, and based on ov. it was August 26th....i didn't have him until September 4th

Ultrasound is a touchy thing. And the more pregnant you get, the less accurate it is. With DS they freaked us out once because the ultrasound said something way different than what we knew...then we figured something wasn't right.it was an ever so small click difference....so just the tech clicking even a cm away can really change dates!
US can also be off in either direction by plus or minus three pounds... For instnace, my little sister told she was going to have 9lb+ baby...yeah was only 5lb &15 oz..

At any rate i think its irrelavent no matter which date you go by, because all babies (even in the same mother) develop at different rates :thumbup: Some need more time, and some need less.

Finally home! Updated the Valentines thread - if I missed anyone, please let me know and I'll fix that ASAP. :) Now, to catch up properly!

Oh man Dizzy, that would piss me off so badly! Especially when sleep is so precious at this point! :lol:

Hope the sweep moves things along for you Becstar! How are you feeling?? Looks like you're having good progress which is great!

Oh man Amanda, hope time moves quickly for you! :hugs:

Keeping my FX for you Guppy! Maybe, maybe it's almost time!

100 pancakes?! That's crazy Jokerette! :rofl: But that's a pretty hilarious nesting urge. :)

I hope you feel better soon, Elli and TeQuiero and everyone else feeling tired and run down. :hugs:

I definitely went #2 at least 10 times the day before I had Aria. My body went through an intense attempt at cleansing itself, starting at 10am (when my back pains began) on Thursday morning and lasted until about the time I went into the hospital. I couldn't eat or drink once I was taken into the hospital, so my body did nothing the rest of the time; I had run outta ammo. :rofl:

Eee that's exciting Saphire! Hope it means good progress, soon! ;)

How are you feeling Suzzle? I hope better! Good luck tomorrow! :dance:

Tigger, recipe please?!?!?!?! I love Nutella!

Congrats Stormy!!!

How are things going Tiger? Any news??

Swan - it's so quick and simple!

1 cup flour
1 cup nutella
0.5 cup sugar
1 large egg

Mix it all together and bake at med heat til it looks/feels cookieish! :lol:

(that was how I was told so please excuse the lack of accurate baking directions! :haha:)

I feel terrible today.... I am soo nauseous and I think my body is working to clean itself out. Not much fun at all :(

2 nights ago, we had taken DS2 to the cinema & I had to leave early, felt like I was gonna be sick :sick: Then got home & had terrible diareoh (tmi!!) the sickness went by the next morning, but diareoh still there :sick:

OH!!!! Minor detail, but I'm going in at 8am to be induced tomorrow, so I'll be sure to update you all.

Hoping you are all well, DH just gone out to get us a nice curry - yum!

Hope you enjoyed your curry & good luck with your induction :happydance:

good luck suzzle!

I just made nutella cookies. Well, I say cookies but they kind of merged into one giant sheet of cookie. Only for us though so I'm sure noone will object to a bit of an irregular looking bite. :haha:

Yummmmmmy! :munch: Thanks for the recipe :thumbup:

Good luck becstar ~ Sound like your DD will get her wish & meet her little sister soon :cloud9:

Popping back in, my little valentine turned into a January baby!
1/25/12, 6lbs 13oz, 19 inches!

Many Congrats :baby::cloud9:

Thats interesting!

Haha, ultrasound didn't agree with either of those dates lol
[For this pregnancy] I had my first ultrasound at 8+5 (thats according to ov. edd). The ultrasound thought i was 9+3.

So to put that into perspective:

OV = 8+5
ultrasound = 9+3 (5 day difference to ov)
LMP = 10 + 0 (9 day difference to ov, and 4 day difference to ultrasound)

That was 1st tri. When i went back for my 20 week ultrasound (which was actually done at 18 weeks exactly, based on ovulation). It said i was 18 weeks. ...I havn't had any other scans done....tbh though, i dont trust them...when i had my son EDD based on LMP was Aug 23rd. Based on ultrasound it was August 25th, and based on ov. it was August 26th....i didn't have him until September 4th

Ultrasound is a touchy thing. And the more pregnant you get, the less accurate it is. With DS they freaked us out once because the ultrasound said something way different than what we knew...then we figured something wasn't right.it was an ever so small click difference....so just the tech clicking even a cm away can really change dates!
US can also be off in either direction by plus or minus three pounds... For instnace, my little sister told she was going to have 9lb+ baby...yeah was only 5lb &15 oz..

At any rate i think its irrelavent no matter which date you go by, because all babies (even in the same mother) develop at different rates :thumbup: Some need more time, and some need less.

LOL... ya i was wondering... they always seem to be off so i just wanted to know what yours were showing since your LMP and OD were so off from each other

im still here :) i had my dr appt and she said she thinks my hind waters have gone and ive lost all the hind waters, hence no more fluid.
but i went to the clinic (different place, had to show them the pads) and they said since there was no fluid on the pads, then thats it. go home lol . they said by all means go to the hospital to be assessed but they think ill be fine. :shrug: so i dunno .
my dr suggested next week i start trying to bring on labour naturally just in case my waters have gone. but i tried everything with jesse (all except castor oil, which i dont want to attempt, if not for it being risky, i really dont want to be pooing myself lol ! ) so i dont think anything works.

that is so odd tiger!
Well, im sure youre fine. your body will regenerate your fluids anyways..

as per "natural" induuction goes...i agree..i feel like it only works if the baby was going to come anyways....if i were you i would just take the wait and see approach. As long as baby is moving and things are normal (outside of this freaky water thing), then im sure things are fine :D

Thanks Tiggertea!! Sounds so yummy!

Aria just went on a basically-nonstop cluster feed for three hours. I am exhausted and feel completely drained...Lmao and now that she's been changed she's rooting again already. I may shrivel up soon and keel over or something... :rofl:

yeh, i dont think natural induction methods work at all. they say sex is a big one, but i mean, ive been having sex with jonno my whole pregnancy and not gone into labour :rofl:

Currently on hour 6 of cramps and tightenings 10-12mins apart here. Trying not to get too set on the idea that it could be my turn :haha: so have sent hubby to work anyway with the promise of a call if things progress.

Latest valentine Erin Makayla was born 8.01am 31st Jan weighing 8lb5oz

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats :happydance:

Congratulations Stormy and Dreamer!

I don't think I'm anywhere near having this baby, I feel fine. It's dumb to feel annoyed that I'm comfortable!!

Congrats dreamer! Can't wait to see who the first Feb baby is...so exciting!

monkeydo I'm kinda the same as you. Although I'm generally uncomfortable (can't sit/lie in the same place for long) I've had almost nothing that would pass for an early sign of labour. 10 days until my EDD. I'm hoping there are some signs before that because they offer a sweep on your due date at my hospital and I really don't wanna have to make the decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->