February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

LOL.... I am fine with that weight!! I was so scared when i got pregnant i was going to have a 10lb baby! I was 9.6 when i was born!!

yeh, i really think you are going to have a big boy ! i dont know why, just a feeling i have.
like i knew you would have a boy and you knew i would haave a girl lol !

LOL .. that's true!!! Well i wish i was good a guessing weights because i would try it out for you but i am sooo bad at it!

kelly- 8p4

I think you may be guessing a little small for me :baby: But would love her to be about that size

DS1 8p3 (10 days late)
DS2 9p10 (born on due date) :shock:
DD 8p10 (1 week early)

Tiger ~ For you I guess 8p7

oh god lol a friend of mine has a little boy the same age as jesse and he was 1 week overdue 7p2 and she has a little girl 1month old who came 1 week early and weighed 8p10 :shock:

Her DD weighed the same as my DD at a week early too :winkwink:

hmmm maybe i did lmao !
ok ill say 9p6 then :D
i didnt realise your bubs were so big !

also johnsprincess is offically the first feb baby ! :happydance: posted in the facebook group, her little man arrived and he is so gorgeous !

also johnsprincess is offically the first feb baby ! :happydance: posted in the facebook group, her little man arrived and he is so gorgeous !

:wohoo: Congratulations johnsprincess ~ So happy for you :baby::cloud9:

Aw, johns princess and gidge, congratulations!

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. Nothing obvious happening but I feel ok about it, I am finally starting to relax a bit and stop worrying about having to have the baby before a deadline of induction looming... The midwife on Tuesday said that once I reach the point where they normally induce I will need to go in to be checked by the doctors and start the pattern of care for regularly monitoring me. I said I was worried they would pressure me into induction and she actually said 'oh no, we have lots of women refuse induction for at least a week' which she never said before... It relaxed me a bit.

Guppy, I also feel a bit sad about my last moments with just Ilana. I know she will love the baby, she already does... But I still feel a little sad. For her part she keeps talking to my belly, saying 'time come out now, baby, wanta meet you! Come on baby, you can do it!'

Husband thinks today is the day, he told me before he left for work. Let's see! I actually had a night fairly free of BHs and pain, no more show. I think theBHs and things must be doing something even if it's not obvious from the outside. Thinking positive!

Calm before the storm maybe Bec? Lol.

Congrats JP!!

Tiger - yeah she was a nice size :) I can't imagine pushing her out full term LOL. she would have been a whale :p

Congratulations, JP!! Can't wait to see pics and hear the story!!

becstar-- sounds good... so glad the mw isn't going to pressure you into induction. :thumbup:

DS was 8 lbs 10 oz at 41 weeks. I was 8 lbs 7 oz, and DH was something similar... but his three older brothers were all over 10 lbs!! I know I am bigger with this baby, and of course we don't know if it's a boy or girl, but I think s/he's on track to be bigger. The only difference is that this one is coming at 39 + 3. So... maybe the weights will be about the same?

Amaryllis wow those are some big babies! 3 over 10lbs :) You go girl!

Question for ladies with babies of different sizes- Can you "feel" the difference during delivery between a 8lb baby and a 10lb baby? Or once they are "big" does it just feel big?

oh, and congrats JP!!!! I hope Tiggertea and Becstar are doing well... maybe they have had their babies too! :)

:rofl: Guess I was unclear... My DH's older brothers were that big!! So big props to my MIL!!! :rofl:

Congrats to JP!!

The next few hours are going to DRAG by :( I am ready for it to be closer to 130 so I can get DS1 from school and take the boys to my mom for my 230 appointment!! I want to here that we have some progress!! :hissy:

Back from the OB. My fluid is down she said its a 7/8 should be a 10. I have to go back Monday to check again. Anyway to get it back up?

Back from the OB. My fluid is down she said its a 7/8 should be a 10. I have to go back Monday to check again. Anyway to get it back up?

Is that 10 centimetres Saphire? Just wondering as I had a scan at 37 + 4 (roughly) and fluid was at 7cm which they said was within with normal range, although a little low. If it had been less than 5, they would have been concerned. Could be differences between US and UK. I've noticed that even from one hospital to another in the UK things seem completely different!

Still nothing here. All slowed again to near enough a stop after getting to 4 mins apart, 45 secs long, but not SUPER-painful. :dohh:

Congrats to JP on first Feb baby!

Oh wow tiggertea... I wouldve thought that was it! Keep us posted :)

So heres the deal, fluid levels replenish about 8x per day (more often for some ppl but thats typical). So if you had your scan before it replenished, you are going to get a "false positive" for low fluid. ...Also, you control the fluid, so drink up that water! Drink lots of it and drink it a lot before the scan. ...there is no such thing as a dry birth because even when your water breaks, the body still replenishes the fluid....so thats also important to remember. :thumbup:

I met the 4th dr in my practice today. He was nice enough but sheeeesh he totally rushed in and out! I felt like he didn't even really care?! He forgot to measure the fundal height too :(

No internal until 39 or 40. So far I really like two of the doctors, and the other two are very nice but they're more business oriented and less personal. I hope my favorite doctors are the ones on call when I go into labor

Hi all....

Sooooo my induction tanked! Turns out baby's hand was up by his head which stopped the head from descending after my sweeps/AROM. Doc commented on feeling it at my sweep, then 'moved it' while in theatre rupturing my membranes. Went through that, was given syntocin (surprisingly) and after 9 hours the shiny I went through was totally pointless because still not in 'established' labour & head still so high that the doc was reluctant to increase syntocin or put any more strain on my uterus - baby was fine though.

Reluctantly I agreed, and lo & behold, doc opens me up & the hand is back up at the head!! Plus my son was a bit of a bruiser so I'm fairly certain I'd have had another shoulder dystocia.

Anyway, Harris was born at 19:46 on 01/02/12 a very healthy 8lb 13oz. We are both doing well & fingers x'd will be going home tomorrow!

Sorry for the delay! Will upload a pic ASAP

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"