February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

My MW told me that the hospital I'm using offers a sweep on your due date and then another 7 days later. I was really surprised as I thought they'd at least give it a few days. Is that common practice? Does anyone have an opinion on it? I'm not adverse to having one but it seems a bit premature to do one on the due date since dates can vary so much :wacko:

My doc said they could do one anytime after 39 weeks

My doctor offered me one for next week and thats 37 weeks.. so everyone must do things differently.. my first dr never offered one ever with my dd.. just talked induction..

Here she is! Squishy face and all... Having problems waking her up for feeds... Day or night! She will wake for them, but then falls asleep after a very very short period of time!!

OMG! She is soooooooooo cute! Look at those cheeks...:cloud9: I love babies!!!!! LOL

Aw Knight! She is so cute!! :) What does Evey think of her new baby?

OMG NIGHT. she is so cute!!

good luck redhead!! I hope this weekend is your time!! :)

My due date is Tuesday. So weird. lol

Had a big reply typed and my computer decided to restart. :grr:

She's a cutie night! :cloud9:

Good luck Red!

As for here.... ankles and hands have swollen like balloons today. :nope: Consultant said to watch out for that so may have to tell him if it doesn't go down in a day or two.

night - she is so cute and chubby ! i LOVE chubby babies !! and i love the name

mumanddad- im so happy that you are home and LO is doing well. you must be so completely over the moon !

redhead - i hope the sweep works for you !

tiggertea- my hands and feet have swollen really bad the last 2 days aswell. my ankles look like they belong to a hippo or something!

all you guys having babies early is getting me a teeny bit excited that i may go a little earlier too, but i dont know. ill probably make my section date (in 19 days :dance: woop woop)

Night - she is sooo cute! Look
At those cheeks!!!

Redhead- oooh good luck! I bet this will be your weekend!!

Tiger- what happens in your situation if you were to start labor before your scheduled c section? Do you deliver vaginally or do they start a c section then?

Thanks ladies. I'm still having contractions...Will they for sure get in a nice trackable pattern? They are strong...not double me over strong, but definitely uncomfortable. I feel like I'm not going to realize when its REAL labor.

I downloaded an iPhone app "contraction master" ... There are lots of them that help you track the trends of contractuons. This one tells you when to go to the hospital! They have an app for everything!!

We used one for the iPad! lol

Dont worry, you will know when youre in active labor!
If i were you i would be eating and sleeping lol. Sleep depravation blows when you're laboring lol

So, for as scared as i am of the insertion procedure associated with IUDs. I think i have decided im going to go with the ParaGard (the Copper IUD). Its non-hormonal, so thats nice, but its kind of a scary thought thinking about metal being in my fertility organs! ....but i think its the best fit for us...im just really scared of the insertion....stupid YouTube!

Thanks for the tips girls! I downloaded a contraction timer, so I'm using it and hoping it helps guide me. :)

I'm still trying to decide on birth control afterward too. I think we're going to start out with rubbers...yes, I hate them too, but I'm freaked out by hormonal birth control while breast feeding. We got pregnant with one month of trying both times. We're very blessed, but I want to be extra careful because of it! Inserted birth control scares me too. Phrases like, "eptopic pregnancy, penetration of the uterine wall, etc..." make me panic!!

A metal IUD does sound scary! :shock:

Jokerette-- I know you asked tiger, but I'll chime in if you don't mind. In my case, if I go into labor before 37 weeks (basically today or tomorrow :)), they'll give me drugs to stop labor. If I go into labor anytime after that, they'll do the c-section early.

So correct me if I'm wrong... but we have my scheduled section on the 22nd, tiger's is on the 23rd (which will essentially be the same day, given the time difference :)), and Kelly's is the 24th, isn't it?

I used the app full term to time my contractions. To be honest though, my contractions were irregular until they gave me the pitocin. So annoyIng!

we used the iPad app, but honestly it was kind of dumb because my contractions were irregular 100% of the time...even during transition and pushing! ....those darn posterior back to back babies will do that though :wacko:

Right now it seems (thanks to app) they are roughly 7 mins apart, and ranging from 30-60 seconds in length. Been going on 35-40 mins now. Some of them are very strong...practicing lots of breathing!! Hubby should be home in 45 mins...so do I just go to bed, and head in if they become unbearable?

Good luck red! Sleep as much as u can. I'm sure they will wake you up when they get closer and stronger.

Ye, I'd definitely rest up if you're able! Mine weren't too intense but were coming close together, so I couldn't fall asleep. I was just unusually restless, too. But if you can get rest, take advantage!

I don't know if sleep is going to happen...they are getting pretty strong...and (TMI) I just pooped for the 4th time since my appointment 8 hours ago. I had already went once if not twice before that. I can't remember. lol

Ok. I'm going to go climb into bed, shut my eyes, try to relax and see what happens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->