February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Good luck Red!! It sounds like it is almost time!! :hugs:

Guppy, I cannot do the copper IUD... my family has a long history of Alzhiemer's and copper increases the chances of early onset. I think that my grandmother would have a stroke if I even mentioned it, as she is trying to keep her early onset from being too terrible. I am glad that you found something that you think will suit you!!

AFM... I had some mucus with blood in it after a lot of painful moving (from Adelina) and cramping in my body. Hopefully that means it won't be too terribly much longer, even though I know that it doesn't necessarily mean anything :(

My firend is in labor and on her way to the hospital right now. Yay! Send her prayers ladies

redhead - im going to say that i think you are in labour :happydance: good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jokerette - what AR said lol :haha: if i go into labour, i just head in to the hospital as soon as im sure and they will do the c-section then.
and yeh, AR's section on the 22nd, mine on the 23rd (which will be about midday on the 22nd for you guys as i get admitted at 7am) and kellys on the 24th (which is the 23rd for you guys ) . confusing much ? :rofl: :haha:

yay redhead!!!! Sounds like you are in labor!!!

Keep us posted Saphire! Prayers for her! :)

Redhead this sounds pretty grand for you! Will be thinking of you!!

Eee TeQuiero, that sounds promising. I hope everything goes well for you!

Can't sleep :( 5:00 am here. All I do is wait for labor that I'm scared to come lol. My friend is still hanging she had her epidural and is just waiting. I remember that long wait myself lol.

Aww Saphire! If we lived closer I'd come sit with you today! lol. I know it is easier said than done but don't worry mama you will be fine!!

Glad to hear your friend is doing well. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since I was in her shoes. lol. Time surely flies!

yay redhead, sounds like you're nearly there :thumbup:
good luck saphires friend :)

Here she is! Squishy face and all... Having problems waking her up for feeds... Day or night! She will wake for them, but then falls asleep after a very very short period of time!!

beautiful:cloud9:, come to the postnatal thread https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/853688-february-valentines-2012-a-6.html#post15385004 we've been talking about keeping sleepy bubbas awake, does she have jaundice?

My MW told me that the hospital I'm using offers a sweep on your due date and then another 7 days later. I was really surprised as I thought they'd at least give it a few days. Is that common practice? Does anyone have an opinion on it? I'm not adverse to having one but it seems a bit premature to do one on the due date since dates can vary so much :wacko:

Welcome home mumanddad! Glads your LO is edoing good now :)

yeah my mw offered one at 40 wk which I though was a bit early too, I would have declined i but didn't make it to the appointment!

Just leaving the hospital after nearly 4 hours... Still having regular contractions, but Mallory's head isn't pressing hard enough against my cervix to make it dialate more at this point. I'm pretty sure its because she's turned funny. However, my appt at 2:30pm, I was 2cm, and when we went at 2am I was 3cm...We walked around the hospital for an hour, no change, but contractions still coming strong and hard very regularly. Whirlpool tub for an hour...helped ease the feeling of conttactions, but I feel like they have gotten more intense since then. So, now its nearly 7am. Hubby and I are headed home, me with a couple sleep aides from the Dr. with orders to come in if the contractions worsen, and I just can't bear it, or if my water breaks. Either way, the triage nurse said I'll have her "today". So late Saturday night, or Sunday morning, I will be a mommy!

We passed the nursery making laps...sweet little newborns. What a great job to have as a nurse!

Starting to get a little drowsy, and we're almost home. Will update again later. Wish me luck!!

Just leaving the hospital after nearly 4 hours... Still having regular contractions, but Mallory's head isn't pressing hard enough against my cervix to make it dialate more at this point. I'm pretty sure its because she's turned funny. However, my appt at 2:30pm, I was 2cm, and when we went at 2am I was 3cm...We walked around the hospital for an hour, no change, but contractions still coming strong and hard very regularly. Whirlpool tub for an hour...helped ease the feeling of conttactions, but I feel like they have gotten more intense since then. So, now its nearly 7am. Hubby and I are headed home, me with a couple sleep aides from the Dr. with orders to come in if the contractions worsen, and I just can't bear it, or if my water breaks. Either way, the triage nurse said I'll have her "today". So late Saturday night, or Sunday morning, I will be a mommy!

We passed the nursery making laps...sweet little newborns. What a great job to have as a nurse!

Starting to get a little drowsy, and we're almost home. Will update again later. Wish me luck!!

So exciting Redhead! I hope you manage to get some rest. I'm worried that when I hit that stage there will be too much adrenalin to sleep! Sending lots of good luck your way xx

Good luck, Redhead!! So exciting!! Hope you can get some rest.

tiger, I go in at 11 am on the 22nd... dr says we'll get started two hours after that... so I'm thinking baby will come around 2 pm? I have NO idea what time that will be for you... :haha: But it's 8:50 am here now... :shrug:

Best of luck RedHead!
Once you get a little rest, try walking up and down the stairs. It works twice as better as walking :thumbup:

TeQuiero- sounds like labor is on the loom!

Red, KMFX that it is soon for you!! :hugs:

Thank you Guppy and Swan!! I am KMFX, I have been having a lot of back pain the last few days and my Grandma said it sounds like how she felt with my younger aunt (her only back labor baby). I really want to go walk at the open air flea market tomorrow with DH (if it isn't raining), but everyone is telling me that I shouldn't go that far away in case it leads to labor starting really strong :( it is like an hour to an hour and a half awway form my hospital. Not fair :nope:

I think an hour is fine :shrug:

Doing hands/knees, using the birth ball, and walking the steps will help. If you're having back labor, it may hurt to sit or lay down...so that would be only reservation with being in the car (but i think an hour or hour an a half is fine, usually labors arnt that quick lol). But you can always turn around and face the back of the car on your knees if that makes sense. If you have back labor being in the upright position and hands/knees is where you will find your most comfort (more thank likly but ya never know so just try something until it works :thumbup:) Steps are more efficient than walking. It does twice the work in one step....with that said it can intensify labor BUT the quicker it intensives, the quicker its over with :winkwink:

My friend just had her baby! Hope I'm next lol cause I have another friend due the 23rd. I better beat her lol

Thanks Guppy! DH and I have been wanting to go every weekend for the last month, but things have come up and we haven't had the extra money to go out there. At least they have benches and places to sit, which is helpful for if I start to hurt a bit. I just am hoping it isn't rainy tomorrow!!

Saphire, congrats to your friend!! KMFX that you go before your other friend!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->