February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Well, in the race between baby and snow...
Snow has won.

Oh well, as long as I don't go into labour tonight me and Liam will be having lots of snow fun tomorrow.

Well, in the race between baby and snow...
Snow has won.

Oh well, as long as I don't go into labour tonight me and Liam will be having lots of snow fun tomorrow.

Same here! It just started about an hour ago. I'm wondering if I should get a bag of grit salt in as we've got a really slopey driveway.

So many babies on their way!! How exciting!!

I'm sitting typing this from the massage chair while getting a deluxe pedicure :) I'm painting my toenails light blue in honor of Kenny, who will hopefully be here soon! Who knows, maybe the pedicure and foot massage will start labor ;) so far I haven't really had anything besides occasional pressure down below but I think it's more his getting into position not labor

Aw Jokerette, that sounds so relaxing!! Now you make me want to get one :haha:

Amanda and Elli (and any others who are experiencing snow), stay safe!! :)

Stay safe and have fun in the snow ladies!! :)

Jokerette, JEALOUS!! lol. I was supposed to go for my birthday to ease my swollen feet... then Aria arrived haha. I don't want to stick her back in there or anything but I'd still love a pedicure haha. Have fun!! You deserve it ;)

So many babies on their way!! How exciting!!

I'm sitting typing this from the massage chair while getting a deluxe pedicure :) I'm painting my toenails light blue in honor of Kenny, who will hopefully be here soon! Who knows, maybe the pedicure and foot massage will start labor ;) so far I haven't really had anything besides occasional pressure down below but I think it's more his getting into position not labor

LOL.. my friend went into labor after getting a pedicure and she swears it was from the Massage chair!! The lady that was doing the pedicure was even yelling at her not to use the chair!! LOL

Aw Knight! She is so cute!! :) What does Evey think of her new baby?

For the most part she's being great, she points and says 'baby' and says 'uh-oh' and leads us over when Aubrey starts making noise :lol: She's a little jealous when we're holding baby and she wants some attention, but she's doing okay. :)

So, for as scared as i am of the insertion procedure associated with IUDs. I think i have decided im going to go with the ParaGard (the Copper IUD). Its non-hormonal, so thats nice, but its kind of a scary thought thinking about metal being in my fertility organs! ....but i think its the best fit for us...im just really scared of the insertion....stupid YouTube!

Yeah, I think I'm going to go for the copper IUD, but the insertion part freaks me out.... Can't be worse than having an OBGYN pull your baby out of your vag UPWARDS though.... :rofl:

Here she is! Squishy face and all... Having problems waking her up for feeds... Day or night! She will wake for them, but then falls asleep after a very very short period of time!!

beautiful:cloud9:, come to the postnatal thread https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/853688-february-valentines-2012-a-6.html#post15385004 we've been talking about keeping sleepy bubbas awake, does she have jaundice?

Thanks, I'll check it out in a few mins :) Nothing worrisome; she just wakes up crying for a feed and then won't stay awake long enough to get satisfied, so we put her down and then she wakes up a couple of minutes later crying for feeding again! She's got MUCH better over the last 24 hours... Nothing we do keeps her awake though!!! :dohh:

Good luck redhead!

Still here... Snowy and lovely this evening, La is excited.

Good luck RedHead!

We've got snow too, so pretty! I love being snug in the house when it's all wintry outside. Don't reckon there's any chance of baby coming in the next couple of days, but I do have to walk to the midwife on Monday so I hope it won't all freeze over like an ice rink.

All y'all can keep your snow, you hear? :lol: We may get some snow tonight. Burr!

Which means I need to hurry my butt up and get my grocery list finished and run out to get what I need. Chris & Aria are asleep in front of the TV, and it's really hard not to want to cuddle up with them instead of doing my laundry and grocery shopping. Bahhh. :haha: We went out today with Aria to run some errands and she was great. She only woke up when I roused her to nurse, and she nursed nice and neatly without making a mess for once in her life. I am still a little too chicken to NIP - especially since we're still working on a great latch without the shield lol - so we nursed in the Babies R Us momma's room. Good practice, though!

Geeze, Swan, you are one of the first people in PA that I have seen use y'all!! My grandparents always tell me it isn't y'all, its yuns :haha: and I agree, they can keep the snow. I like my 50's and 60's, it is nice :)

Haha I love saying y'all because my cousins make so much fun of me if I do. I'm originally from long island so they think I've become a redneck by moving here. :haha: I know lots of people who say yuns or yins here. It took me ages to figure out what it meant. :| my FIL knows PA Dutch so that's a whole other ridiculous ball game, too.

Haha I love saying y'all because my cousins make so much fun of me if I do. I'm originally from long island so they think I've become a redneck by moving here. :haha: I know lots of people who say yuns or yins here. It took me ages to figure out what it meant. :| my FIL knows PA Dutch so that's a whole other ridiculous ball game, too.

Im originally from central PA and I say "yall" "you" "you guys" etc...i hate hearing "Yinz". it makes me cringe lol. Yinz is actually a Pittsburgh thing, no one else (usually) says that. ITs called "Pittsburghgese" lol

I self taught some Dutch with Rosetta Stone :smug: But forgot it bc i had no one to talk to :dohh: My familiy is very young in America. My great gramma "Meme" (who would only be about 85 right now, if she lived) was orginally from Holland. ...I am Dutch-Indonesian and Delaware Native American. Meme had to translate for her parents. They only knew Dutch language so she picked up english to translate. But im disappointed that she didn't pass the Dutch language on to my gram. ....I dont know much of anything about my Native American side as my grandpap didn't want much to do with it :( I wish he would have because id love to get back to my roots!

thinking of you redhead :hugs:
AR- when you posted that it was 10minutes to midnight lol.
ive been told that ill have my c-section before 11am on the day :happydance:
so excited !

tiger-- Yay!! That means we are 15 hrs apart. I think. If my brain is working. :)

So at 11 am your time, it will be 8 pm our time... and most likely both our babies will be just a few hours old! So cool... :)

I hate hearing "Yins" or however you spell it! I never realized it was a Pittsburgh thing, but it makes sense that I've always heard it a lot, since we're about an hour and a half outside of Pittsburgh.
There's a Pitt-based a cappella group called Doubleshot! that sings a version of "Santa Claus Is Comin to Town" that starts out "Yinz better watch out, yinz better not cry." Makes sense to me now...

My grandparents use it and they live near New Castle (they live in Harmony). My mom still uses her Pittsburghese, she gets picked on down here for it. My brother and I always told them they were crazy when we would go visit them every summer though, since they were the only ones we heard use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->