February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Im from good old Clearfield...middle of nowhere :haha: its about 45 min West of State College.

Good evening ladies! I tried reading back, but i haven't been on in a week so I have a ways to go. Do we have any official February babies yet?

I wanted to post my birth story. My little princess is a little over a week old, and altho i feel like a zombie at times b/c of a lack of sleep, i wouldn't trade her for the world.

Well last Tuesday while at work I started having mild menstrual cramps that would come and go. Tuesday evening i noticed a pinkish discharge but it didn't dawn on me that it could be my mucus plug. So i contacted L&D and they told me to come in. After monitoring me for an hour, they determined that everything was fine and that i could go home. I wasn't dilated and they believed it was probably false labor. The next day i decided to work from home I was still have the cramping feeling and i had my weekly doctor appointment that afternoon. At my appointment it turns out i was 2cm dilated but they still sent me home. That evening my contractions became strong and were about 5 mins apart. I tried to stay at home as long as possible so I could make sure they would keep me the next time i went to the hospital. Around 10pm I couldn't take it anymore. I really had no clue what 'real' contractions were suppose to feel like it, but I didn't imagine them feeling like the worse cramps EVER. When i got to L&D i was 3cm and was admitted around 1am. I wanted an all natural birth, but I broke down and got the epi. So glad i did, b/c for the next 22 hours I was in labor. It was such a slow process. My water didn't even break on its own. My doctor didn't want to break it early on b/c I was group b strep positive so they wanted to make sure i had the antibiotics in my system and let my body go thru everything on its own. After such a long labor, I only pushed for about 15 min...felt much shorter to me. The end result was my beautiful baby girl...Alyssa :) 7lb 2oz and a head full of hair.

Attachments

• DSC02832.jpg
    DSC02832.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 7
I have a question for you ladies that have already had or have had a baby before... the days before labor did you know it was coming or did just one day you wake up and the signs started and labor come on that same day??...... i right now don't feel like labor is going to come anytime soon.. i have no signs at all.

Awesome laidee! I love babies w hair.

Junebugs- w DS I had no idea or inkling. Also because when I did go into labor no one told me it could be all just in your back and I kept taking a bath asking for back runs cause my back killed until I realized that it went away and started again that it was a possibility. I didn't notice a loss in mucus plug, have one single BH NADA wham just into labor no warning all in back. Well see what this little girl does :)

I have a question for you ladies that have already had or have had a baby before... the days before labor did you know it was coming or did just one day you wake up and the signs started and labor come on that same day??...... i right now don't feel like labor is going to come anytime soon.. i have no signs at all.

Despite having period type cramps the 3 days prior to labor, i was ABSOLUTLT convinced that tomorrow as NOT going to be the day...i remember being super upset and telling my mom it wasnt going to happen tomorrow (and that was at bedtime the night before, i was 41+3 at that point)...needless to say, i woke up at 3:30am, went to the loo, and my water started to leak! So, nope-didn't feel like it was going to happen! was quite surprised lol

I had no idea. Even in actual labor I was expecting them to tell me it was false labor and to go home. Granted I was early so I mentally wasn't prepared for it to happen how it did lol but still. I truly had no idea. In hindsight I had some "symptoms" that people claim are indicators but meh. I wasn't expecting it at all. xD

Thanks ladies!! Keep it coming because you are giving me hope!! :) ... lol i'm not even overdue yet but i just am not "feeling" like it will happen any time soon

It will hun :hugs: For as annoying as it is to hear, it really is true: "no one stays pregnant forever"...i can attest to that very well so. Hopefully baby doesn't keep you waiting forever, but do remember that baby is fully cooked once you do go into labor. Babys aren't late nor stubborn, just doctors are dumb when it comes to "due dates" lol

It will hun :hugs: For as annoying as it is to hear, it really is true: "no one stays pregnant forever"...i can attest to that very well so. Hopefully baby doesn't keep you waiting forever, but do remember that baby is fully cooked once you do go into labor. Babys aren't late nor stubborn, just doctors are dumb when it comes to "due dates" lol

I know... i think i am just worrying myself that i will have to get induced. I really dont want to be induced, but now i have been reading these stories on the forum lately of ladies that were overdue and suddenly had there little ones pass ( from cord strangulation they thing? But they think it was from them being overdue).. it got me scared to go over due by to much!!!.. i am sorry i must sound like a crazy pregnant lady!!!

I know... i think i am just worrying myself that i will have to get induced. I really dont want to be induced, but now i have been reading these stories on the forum lately of ladies that were overdue and suddenly had there little ones pass ( from cord strangulation they thing? But they think it was from them being overdue).. it got me scared to go over due by to much!!!.. i am sorry i must sound like a crazy pregnant lady!!!

be careful reading stuff like that! I know its hard not to but i can honestly say that those instances are rare and also, i dont see how cord strangulation has anything to do with being overude...i would think they went overdue because of that, not the other way around...but what do i know...just remember, a normal pregnancy last 37-42 weeks. My baby turned out perfectly fine and was born at 41+5. If you look in the UK and that you will find they generally dont induce like the docs do over here and yet they are usually healthier! The average first time mom goes 1 week and 1 day overdue. :thumbup: Also, did you know that a baby born at 36 weeks is actually more likely to have complications than a baby born at 42 weeks? I find comfort in that because these days sooo many babies born at 36 weeks have such a very very high rate of survival.

be careful reading stuff like that! I know its hard not to but i can honestly say that those instances are rare and also, i dont see how cord strangulation has anything to do with being overude...i would think they went overdue because of that, not the other way around...but what do i know...just remember, a normal pregnancy last 37-42 weeks. My baby turned out perfectly fine and was born at 41+5. If you look in the UK and that you will find they generally dont induce like the docs do over here and yet they are usually healthier! The average first time mom goes 1 week and 1 day overdue. :thumbup: Also, did you know that a baby born at 36 weeks is actually more likely to have complications than a baby born at 42 weeks? I find comfort in that because these days sooo many babies born at 36 weeks have such a very very high rate of survival.

I know you are so right.. i really need to stop myself from reading it!!! My mother went 2 week overdue with me and i came out just fine!!!! I truly do believe that you are more likely to have complications from being induced to early. Thanks Guppy.. i know i am just freaking out over something that is so rare!!! He will come when he is ready!!!

Junebugs I totally agree! I have to stop myself from over thinking or over reading horror stories like that. I also feel just like you... I don't "feel" like labor is even close! It's strange ti think one day it will just be "bam" when the day before was fine. Saphire and Guppy- you two have had back labor... So is that just like a really bad backache, could you really not feel any abdomen contractions at all? It's so interesting hearing how everyone experiences it different! I can't wait for the day (or middle of the night) when I wake up and feel contractions!!!

Junebugs I totally agree! I have to stop myself from over thinking or over reading horror stories like that. I also feel just like you... I don't "feel" like labor is even close! It's strange ti think one day it will just be "bam" when the day before was fine. Saphire and Guppy- you two have had back labor... So is that just like a really bad backache, could you really not feel any abdomen contractions at all? It's so interesting hearing how everyone experiences it different! I can't wait for the day (or middle of the night) when I wake up and feel contractions!!!

I;m glad i am not the only one ;) It's so true, it is really weird just to think one day i will be fine and the next my whole life will have changed!!! I am just so excited for that day and i really hope it comes naturally!!!

I;m glad i am not the only one ;) It's so true, it is really weird just to think one day i will be fine and the next my whole live will have changed!!! I am just so excited for that day and i really hope it comes naturally!!!

Yeah I am so with you on that. I really hope it comes naturally because I think it will be just so neat to experience the onset of labor without expecting it... Figuring it out with DH,,,, oooh this is making me so excited! I bet it wont be much longer for you! Youre almost to your due date so I bet your little one is almost ready to make his appearance... He's just cozy in there for now :)

I couldn't get on BnB for the past hour and I was havin withdrawals! The site wouldn't open for me... Glad I'm back on! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->