February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

junebugs - i didn't think labor was coming anytime soon for me. i wasn't having braxton hicks or anything. no nesting. i didn't drop. and i wasn't dilated until the day i went into labor. totally caught me off guard,

Junebugs I totally agree! I have to stop myself from over thinking or over reading horror stories like that. I also feel just like you... I don't "feel" like labor is even close! It's strange ti think one day it will just be "bam" when the day before was fine. Saphire and Guppy- you two have had back labor... So is that just like a really bad backache, could you really not feel any abdomen contractions at all? It's so interesting hearing how everyone experiences it different! I can't wait for the day (or middle of the night) when I wake up and feel contractions!!!

I;m glad i am not the only one ;) It's so true, it is really weird just to think one day i will be fine and the next my whole live will have changed!!! I am just so excited for that day and i really hope it comes naturally!!!

Yeah I am so with you on that. I really hope it comes naturally because I think it will be just so neat to experience the onset of labor without expecting it... Figuring it out with DH,,,, oooh this is making me so excited! I bet it wont be much longer for you! Youre almost to your due date so I bet your little one is almost ready to make his appearance... He's just cozy in there for now :)

So true!!!! It is 12:33am here so it is OFFICIALLY my due date!!! :happydance: LOL... I have had such bad insomnia lately, anyone else have this? I can't fall asleep until like 4:00 am.... it is driving me nuts!!

Back labor is evil.

Initially felt like a dull backache, as though I had slept wrong or something. I wasn't having contractions at that point so I had no idea what was causing it. It intensified as labor progressed.

Wanted to come in and do a quick update!

We welcomed Mallory Joy into the world at 11:26pm (would have been MUCH sooner had the doctor gotten his hiney in the delivery room) - Weighing in at a whopping 6lbs 6oz, 19.5 inches long. She is doing great and has full head of fuzzy strawberry blonde hair. :) We are so in love! Will update more later!

Congratulations red!! So glad you guys are doing well!!

Happy due date June.

Joker- I never had a single belly contraction only back pain. Prob why I'm so scared to have real contractions this time. If I do.

I've been having random period like cramps but nothing exciting. I wake up every day like now 5 am and I am so not a morning person. I drink chocolate milk and watch threes company.

Snow! Been out this morning with La and husband and even had a go on the sledge. I was careful!

Congrats redhead!

I worry about going too far overdue too and you do read awful stories... But truth is c-sections have risks, induction has risks (cord prolapse etc)... All births have risks and for me this time I feel more confident in my body and baby.

The snow is so beautiful this morning. Or at least until I saw yellow snow outside the door that my cat had peed in :rofl:

Congratulations Red! Very exciting! And now you've made me wonder whether my LO will have hair when it arrives... I can't imagine what it's going to look like.

Hearing all the birth stories is lovely but it's making me impatient too. I haven't even felt a twinge. I keep analysing every movement, twist and pain to see if it might be related to labour :blush: Oh well. 6 days till my due date and now that there's a heap of snow outside, I'm content to wait a few days!

Congratulations Red :cloud9:

I had no signs either, wen to bed, 30 in later waters broke, 10 min after that contractions started. No inkling it was going to happen, I was only 39+3 and convinced I was going to go over. (so it really could be any day for you guys :winkwink:)

Yipee! More babies have arrived!!!!! Congratulations they are all so cute!

Im 40+1 now so 'overdue' but I'm quite happy for peanut to stay there until the snow has gone and its not quite so cold outside. Especially since I'm always freezing, I think I would be super paranoid that LO wasnt warm enough and I would overheat them with too many layers!
Still no twinges and no nesting instinct, I could just sit on the sofa all day drinking tea and dunking chocolate in it but I've really need to finish packing my hospital bag and get my bedroom sorted so the Moses basket can stand where I want it to.
OH has been sat on his PlayStation3 most the day so I'm giving him another hour before I start yelling some chores at him and making him tidy all his crap up! Does he not seem 2 understand we will be having tonnes of visitors coming soon and I don't want it to look like we live in a shit hole?!?!?!

Still pregnant here, have scrubbed the house today but that's nothing new. Congrats red, lovely name xx

OH has been sat on his PlayStation3 most the day so I'm giving him another hour before I start yelling some chores at him and making him tidy all his crap up! Does he not seem 2 understand we will be having tonnes of visitors coming soon and I don't want it to look like we live in a shit hole?!?!?!

OH is probably thinking this is the last time he'll be able to play Playstation3 for a while ;) My DH has been doing all these little projects and cleaning his truck, and playing video games, and random stuff like that... i figure its his version of "nesting" ;)

Haha man nesting! I love it.

Anyone else excited for the SUPERBOWL?!?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->