February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ok, just got home from the Drs (and errands).... I am getting induced on Wednesday (2 days EEEK). She was worrying because after they broke my water with DS2 he came so fast, and she doesn't want me to worry about my water breaking and not having time to get to the hospital. DH is glad to know exactly when he has to be home/ready, instead of worrying while he is working. But I was 60% and an easy 2cm today :happydance:

Oh, and Elli, I am happy that baby is doing well. I know that HB can be affected by being dehydrated and from lack of food. I had that problem with DS2 one time, they gave me fluids and I ate and his heart rate went right back up. :)

Elitigg sorry to hear you had to get monitored but I'm glad you and baby are doing ok now... Keep us posted on everything! :)

Glad you both are doing well Elli!!

Eee best wishes TeQuiero!! :hugs:

I am so tired and achy but too angry to sleep. My husband keeps pressing me for a date when I will agree to be induced. He says he is worried and doesn't want me to just be stubborn just because I have my heart set on a homebirth.

Why does nobody understand? Now I feel pressured again, plus a midwife called me today for no apparent reason to tell me what number to ring if I go into labour and to ask 'what's going on with me, when is my next appointment because I am full term now and need a sweep'. I just can't relax , La has been ill all day and from feeling positive about this baby coming when it is ready I now feel hopeless and doubtful again and am questioning my ability to labour naturally. I hate my husband right now.

Bec, :hugs:. Don't let them pressure you. If you are planning on a home birth, you deserve to have it. Have you been checked lately for any progress?

I am so tired and achy but too angry to sleep. My husband keeps pressing me for a date when I will agree to be induced. He says he is worried and doesn't want me to just be stubborn just because I have my heart set on a homebirth.

Why does nobody understand? Now I feel pressured again, plus a midwife called me today for no apparent reason to tell me what number to ring if I go into labour and to ask 'what's going on with me, when is my next appointment because I am full term now and need a sweep'. I just can't relax , La has been ill all day and from feeling positive about this baby coming when it is ready I now feel hopeless and doubtful again and am questioning my ability to labour naturally. I hate my husband right now.

I understand hun :hug: i know it doesn't mean much coming from me, but i fully support you. I think its great! and your DH has no reason to think something is wrong! Some women just have babies that need more baking time! I know this one lady who went 43+ weeks with ALL 3 of her children...and none of them had issues. I trust your instincts and if something was wrong, i believe you would pursue it and you would know it. Just keep pressing on. I know its hard given the lack of support, especially by your hubby, but unless you have a solid reason, then trust your body and your baby <3 I think everything is gonna be okay

hugs becstar :hugs: i think your fantastic. i cant wait to not be pregnant anymore! :haha:
afm- 920am here and i feel like death. jesse was a little sick a few days ago,but didnt seem bothered at all, just a runny nose and cough, and ive woken this morning feeling like i want to crawl back to bed and cry. my nose is slightly blocked, my throat is so sore and i have such a horrible migraine ! ive had weird headaches for days now increasing in intensity but this is by far the worst :cry: its making me feel so sick and it hurts to move :nope:
argh :( today is going to be difficult

Oh becstar :( I'm so sorry :( I think your husband is just concerned... He doesn't know how you're feeling physically and he just wants to make sure you're ok. Men have this intuition like they need to "fix" things even when we dont ask for it or need to be fixed. :( he loves you and is excited to meet your baby and he's scared.

I believe Guppy's advice is good, trust your body. If of some reason something changes then don be afraid to get induced just because you were planning on homebirth, but for now if your gut tells you everything is ok then trust it. We're here for you :hugs:

hugs becstar :hugs: i think your fantastic. i cant wait to not be pregnant anymore! :haha:
afm- 920am here and i feel like death. jesse was a little sick a few days ago,but didnt seem bothered at all, just a runny nose and cough, and ive woken this morning feeling like i want to crawl back to bed and cry. my nose is slightly blocked, my throat is so sore and i have such a horrible migraine ! ive had weird headaches for days now increasing in intensity but this is by far the worst :cry: its making me feel so sick and it hurts to move :nope:
argh :( today is going to be difficult

Feel better Tiger :( :hugs:

Guppy I was just chucking about some of your FB updates... I love how you pretend you don't know the gender and you won't tell the due date. I feel like I'm part of a secret club!

I know what you mean though about due date pressure though. I have started telling people "around valentines day" to be vagu because I can see how people mean well but they accidentally pester you!

well my external cervix is 2.5CM :shock: i know it doesn't mean anything about when labor will start,but thats that much less work i have to do during labor, so im happy about that. ...im having a great difficulty reaching any further, so i dont know if my internal cervix is that far or not :shrug: it may not be, but hey, gotta start somewhere! I was 0.5-1CM dialated for WEEKS with DS. When my water broke, i walked into the hospital at 1.5cm and never got to 2.5cm for some odd hours, so this is making me hopeful of a shorter birth!

Guppy I was just chucking about some of your FB updates... I love how you pretend you don't know the gender and you won't tell the due date. I feel like I'm part of a secret club!

I know what you mean though about due date pressure though. I have started telling people "around valentines day" to be vagu because I can see how people mean well but they accidentally pester you!

:haha: yeah i find it quite thrilling :smug: i wasn't even going to share gender on here, but then i thought it would be a good and secret place...it has detered me from spilling the beans :haha: i love that we have a secret!

I learned from going so far over with DS not to mention a word about EDD...i think its funny how ppl are about that lol

Aw Bec, I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. I think, like Jokerette, he's just 'being a man' but that hardly makes it any less frustrating. Like Guppy said, trust your body. I admire your perseverence. :)

Tiger I hope you feel better!

LOL Jokerette I feel the same way, like we have a secret society knowing what Guppy is having!! lol.

I'm tired of people telling me I "must" have been wrong with my dates and stuff. I wish I'd never told any one (rl people esp random people on fb who don't really know me haha) when I had been due because I'm tired of hearing about it. :rofl:

they are dumb! ignore them swan :hugs: your baby knew when she was supposed to come into this world! And i hate that people says stuff about due dates at all..i mean doctors are only correct less than 5% of the time, so its no shocker.

I'm glad to see that I have company at this crazy hour:haha: It's 2:42am here and am nursing Alaina and using this time to catch up on posts.

Becs I'm sorry that your Hubby is being difficult. It is your body and he needs to trust that you know what you're doing and will not do anything to harm yourself or baby. :hugs:

Guppy, I can't believe that you've managed to hide the sex of your baby from the rest of the world for so long. You have strong will power chick :haha: I could not keep my mouth shut when I found out that I was having a girl :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->