February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ladies I'm confused and could do with a little more advice.
Last night just before 7pm (13hours ago) I had a small trickly gush of fluid. It was more than enough to leave a damp patch through my underwear and my PJ bottoms. I smelt it and it smelt kind of like bleach/chlorine
I got changed and put on a pad and over the following hour had a few more small trickles of fluid. All evening I was having mild cramps. I've been having mild period like cramps for about a week but nothing strong enough to think things were getting started. Last night they were a little stronger but still easily managable. More discomfort than pain.
I haven't had any more fluid leak. From what I've read if your waters are leaking they keep on leaking and if you lay down it will build up a bit and you'll have a small gush when you get up..but there was nothing when I got out of bed this morning.

I was speaking to my mum this morning and she said the day she had my youngest sister, her waters went similar to how I describe mine in the morning and she had no more fluid or anything until 10pm when her contractions started. Followed by a 2 hour labour.

My problem is, to go to hospital and be sent home again is going to cost about £10-15. Money is very tight atm..we're behind on our bills, so I don't want to spend money unless I really need to. I also have to get someone to watch Liam.

Do you think I NEED to get checked or woud I be ok to wait it out for longer and see what happens?

I would give them a call because if it is yiur waters then there is a risk of infection x

Yeh you need to get checked as if nothing happens and it was your waters there is risk of infection and they usually induce you after 72 hrs after 37 weeks. I hear you on the money issue but it's really not worth the risk xxxxx

amandad- if you read back to last monday i had the EXACT same thing happen. i soaked a pad and had a few dribbles all day but that was it :shrug: no more trickling or anything.
and since living on the island, it costs alot of money to get off the island if i dont need to.

so yeah exact same thing ! i went to the local medical centre and they didnt swab but did an internal and said it sounds like my hind waters but since i had no pooling there was nothing they could really do without swabbing :shrug:
im still here though

Yummmm....Just eating the most amazing mint choc chip ice cream :icecream: am now on (large) bowl number 2! :blush:

I have finally done my birth story sorry its so long x

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/874678-baby-taylors-safe-arrival.html

Amandad I think I'd go to the hospital just to be sure. No price is worth the risk of infection

Those on facebook would have seen my post, sorry it was very breif because I was on my phone.
I called the hospital and they asked me to come in. I explained to the midwife in the day assessment unit what had happened and by her body language she didn't think it was my waters.
I was put on the monitor which showed regular contractions taking the % from 6 up to 50.
They did a speculum and without even swabbing said it was my waters.

I have until 7am in the morning for things to get started or I'm in for induction. As much as I don't want to be induced I don't want to risk infection, with the added risk of my antibodies..so I'll let them induce if I don't go naturally.

I'll have another baby soon!!! :happydance:

Guppy, :hugs:. I am so sorry for your and Dh's loss. Don't feel bad about not being able to go to the funeral, right now making sure you are not too far from your Drs is a very important thing. I am sure the MW/Drs would tell you the exact same thing.

Amanda, if you don't go tonight and you have to go in to get induced we will have babies on the same day!! :happydance:

Thanks girls :hugs: i love the support system here. Amazing, especially given none of us have actually met each other IRL :flow:

:dust: to amandad! This is such an exciting time for you!

AFM, i just had a clear out :blush: not really sure what would have trigged that as ive only had a banana and honey bunches of oats so far today. Hopefully its a sign of something, but i wont hold my breath haha. ...i have been sooooo tired though. I just feel like all i want to do is sleep! I never had this w DS :nope: I feel bad for him because i just feel the need to sleep and so i gate off the living room (both of us are in there) and he watches Toy Story 3 on NetFlix while i snooze in and out on the couch :blush: i feel bad, but oh man! I do not want to be dead tired going into labor!

DS is taking a nap now, so im going to head for a shower, then i'll be leaving for my weekly MW appt.

Guppy, it is a good sign. I think my body knows that I am planning on her coming tomorrow. my body has been in clean out mood since yesterday morning! :) Don't feel bad for needing rest, it happens, especially when you have so much going on (and I am sure you are like the rest of us who have trouble sleeping) :hugs:

So sorry to hear of your family's loss guppy.. I agree with everyone else though you can feel guilty even though i know its hard not too.. Big hugs to you.

Amanda- Lots of labor :dust: for you!!!!! You'll have a baby in your arms soon!!!

Guppy- Hopefully it's a sign of something!!! You went 2 weeks over last time so you deserve to go 2 week early this time ;)

So i have been saying for the past month that i would go into labor tonight because it is a full moon!! LOL... i think it is just wishful thinking but i am going to stay positive!!! I was 2 weeks late and born on the night of a full moon, my aunt called my mom and told her that i was going to be late and she was going to be going into labor on the full moon! She didnt believe her but it was true!!!

Amandad good luck and im glad you went and got seen.

Goid luck tequiero with your induction too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"