February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Here is a matching outfit that i got at my surprise shower today.
The one on the left is 0-3 months (for Elliot) and the one on the right is for 18-24 months (for Isaiah). Its going to be so weird having another infant! I mean, isaiah seems so little but when i compare the clothing size, i start thinking about how BIG he is going to look in comparison to Elliot!

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
So I have talked with husband and am seeing the consultants tomorrow... I have decided with husband I think that if labour hasn't started by monday (12 days past the dates we believe are right) I will agree to go in for induction.

I feel mixed feelings... If the stupid sonographer hadn't put me forward by 6 days I wouldnt even have to make that decision as I would be only just at the hospital's limits and I would feel ok holding out a little longer. As it is though, certain as I am, they have planted seeds of doubt in my head. Seeing how excited La is about the baby and watching her kiss the bump and talk about kissing and cuddling it, it makes me feel that if anything did go wrong because of my choice, how could I live with that for her, too?

Part of me is still indignant and wants to just believe in my body and trust it, and know that I am okay and demand the homebirth I so so desperately want... But although it is my body this is also my husband's baby and I feel I need to make some kind of compromise too.

So I feel partly relieved to have made a decision and own it, and partly sad about it, and partly desperate to go into labour in the next few days.

I feel a bit of a failure too.

Jokerette your book is awesome! I should get motivated and put together one of my fruit photos but....... oh being lazy sucks haha.
Thank you! That's why i did it now... Before he gets here and takes up all my time! LOL. I'm hoping I have the motivation to just add in the last few pages when the time comes :) my sister in law uses this sight to make annual baby books and photo albums. I love them because they are not too big and bulky, but they look really nice an professional. Plus it's nice to do something with all th digital photos rather than leave them on the computer :)

Here is a matching outfit that i got at my surprise shower today.
The one on the left is 0-3 months (for Elliot) and the one on the right is for 18-24 months (for Isaiah). Its going to be so weird having another infant! I mean, isaiah seems so little but when i compare the clothing size, i start thinking about how BIG he is going to look in comparison to Elliot!
Guppy sooooo cute!! Oooooh isiahs going to be so cute next to his baby brother in their matching outfits!!

So I have talked with husband and am seeing the consultants tomorrow... I have decided with husband I think that if labour hasn't started by monday (12 days past the dates we believe are right) I will agree to go in for induction.

I feel mixed feelings... If the stupid sonographer hadn't put me forward by 6 days I wouldnt even have to make that decision as I would be only just at the hospital's limits and I would feel ok holding out a little longer. As it is though, certain as I am, they have planted seeds of doubt in my head. Seeing how excited La is about the baby and watching her kiss the bump and talk about kissing and cuddling it, it makes me feel that if anything did go wrong because of my choice, how could I live with that for her, too?

Part of me is still indignant and wants to just believe in my body and trust it, and know that I am okay and demand the homebirth I so so desperately want... But although it is my body this is also my husband's baby and I feel I need to make some kind of compromise too.

So I feel partly relieved to have made a decision and own it, and partly sad about it, and partly desperate to go into labour in the next few days.

I feel a bit of a failure too.
becstar- you are so strong... YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! That's like saying any woman who has her baby outside of her birth-plan is a failure and we all know that's not true. You are going to be a FANTASTIC MOMMY to your new baby and that is apparent by how much you already obviously love them. :) Remember the end goal is to get the baby out safely and I think it's wise and fair to take your husbands opinion into account even though it doesn't go with your original plan. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you go into labor naturally between now and Monday so you can have the best home birth you had hoped for. But if not then just enjoy being a mommy and try not to let thing eat at you too much. :hugs: just focus on the adorable little face looking up at you healthy and smiling. The doctors and nurses aren't pressuring you to be mean, they just are trying to give their medical advice based on what they know. Everyone wants you to end up with the same end result, with a new healthy baby, :)

Just had a big catch up as I can't sleep. Congratulations on all the new babies!

I'm still cooking my little bun and have my sweep booked in for Friday. I think I may give it a try but like becstar, I'm quite sure my dates are wrong and I haven't reached my due date yet. I only used to see my OH on a weekend before we moved in together 2 months ago so that kind of narrows it down to when I could've conceived.....
Sorry to hear about all the pressure from everyone bec but you're doing me a huge favour in being strong and sticking up for not getting induced 'early' just 'because hospital dates say so' as I am planning on doing the same, so it is really nice to read your experience even though it sounds like a pain and the miserable cow midwife was a bitch!

Can't wait to read who has given birth next - its so exciting!
Xx

P.s. was hoping to have dtd to help set me off this week, after lots of hinting and some extremely obvious 'I think we need to boink this baby out' comments and a few early nights to bed we have managed it a grand total of ZERO times!!!!!! What is he playing at? Tut men! (Currently snoring his head off in my ear)

:hugs: becstar. Im just going to pray and believe that you wont have to make this decision come monday. Im going to have faith that labor will begin on its own in the coming days :friends:

Have you guys seen the website https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com :rofl:

becstar- you are so strong... YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! That's like saying any woman who has her baby outside of her birth-plan is a failure and we all know that's not true. You are going to be a FANTASTIC MOMMY to your new baby and that is apparent by how much you already obviously love them. :) Remember the end goal is to get the baby out safely and I think it's wise and fair to take your husbands opinion into account even though it doesn't go with your original plan. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you go into labor naturally between now and Monday so you can have the best home birth you had hoped for. But if not then just enjoy being a mommy and try not to let thing eat at you too much. :hugs: just focus on the adorable little face looking up at you healthy and smiling. The doctors and nurses aren't pressuring you to be mean, they just are trying to give their medical advice based on what they know. Everyone wants you to end up with the same end result, with a new healthy baby, :)

WSS ^^ :thumbup:

:rofl: Love it :haha:

:rofl: Thats good! I'll have to keep that when ppl start asking where the baby is :haha: ...and i say when because i know someone is bound to ask! :wacko:

:rofl: Thats good! I'll have to keep that when ppl start asking where the baby is :haha: ...and i say when because i know someone is bound to ask! :wacko:

I was just talking to my DH today about this... it is driving me crazy!!! I know i will wake up every morning to at least 3 text messages "anything yet" ? ... sometimes i get messages 3 times a day from the same person!! "No, nothing has changed from 3 hours ago!!!!!" It drives me nuts!!!!... sorry that was my little rant!! lol

That would drive me insane. I would probably chew out a few people haha. My friends kept doing that while I was in labor. "SHE HERE YET?!?!" after 30 hours of those messages I was fit to be tied haha.

So hubby just changed Aria and she peed. He's not used to this as much as me so he wasn't prepared and tipped up her butt higher out of reflex and thus pee ran down her back and into her hair. He had to call in for my assistance because she was screaming and covered in pee as was the pack and play. :rofl: I was like "hey I do this alone every day, what would you have done if I was gone???". I'm so mean :lol:

I should add, I did bathe her then since it was obvious he was too flustered to function. :haha: clean and not sobbing baby finally.

That would drive me insane. I would probably chew out a few people haha. My friends kept doing that while I was in labor. "SHE HERE YET?!?!" after 30 hours of those messages I was fit to be tied haha.

So hubby just changed Aria and she peed. He's not used to this as much as me so he wasn't prepared and tipped up her butt higher out of reflex and thus pee ran down her back and into her hair. He had to call in for my assistance because she was screaming and covered in pee as was the pack and play. :rofl: I was like "hey I do this alone every day, what would you have done if I was gone???". I'm so mean :lol:

:rofl:

Hey ladies.. Hope everyone is doing well...

One of the last of the bunch to be FULL TERM... crazy all of us feb labies are Full Term now.. babies are gonna be rolling in all over soon.. :)

My appt was the same as last week.. still 1cm dilated, but cervix is coming down so therefore so is baby.. yay for that at least.. besides that nothing.. dr thinks i have another week probably.. blah.. oh well soon..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->