February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Jokerette- love the link, that is going straight on my facebook status. :thumbup: My friends are being a little more 'subtle'. The texts don't outright ask if the baby is here but they're like 'heyyyyyy how's everything going? You feeling ok?' and you just know they're rooting for a baby announcement!

Guppy - the clothes are super cute. I want I want!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on here before but you all reminded me by talking about photobooks. This might be something you can do if you have less time - a friend of ours registered an email address in his new baby's name and every so often he'll send an email or a photo to the email address. Like maybe on its birthday or with a picture of bump or the new puppy...you know just anything. He's planning on giving them the email account when they're older and I think it's a really sweet idea. It's like having a baby book but easier :)

So having felt really bleugh yesterday, I just got up this morning to find that my panty liner (TMI) had a pinkish tinge to it and was possibly a bit wetter than normal. I've used them all through pregnancy so it's kinda hard to tell whether it's significant :blush: Not sure if I should contact the hospital and ask them about it or give it a few hours and see whether anything's gonna happen?

My princess x

Attachments

• 100_3842.jpg
    100_3842.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3855.jpg
    100_3855.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 14
beautiful :) :grr: sooo jealous I am dying to meet my little boy now all of a sudden.

Now I have 2 hands I can type a bit more than 2 words lol.
Tuesday night the contractions starting coming fast. The pain built up so fast I couldn't handle it, so I had an epidural after just an hours established labour. At this point I was expecting to have a long time to go. I thought my labour would be at least 10 hours. I was only given a weak dose so I could still feel every contractions, but I could cope with it much easier. Between contraction I felt normal.
It wasn't too long after I could feel my body given small pushes with each contraction. The midwife got everything ready because I could feel a huge amount of pressure in my bum. Looking throught the paperwork my labour was recorded 3 hours 35 minutes, not the 3 hours I thought but not far off.
High on gas and air as the epidural was going on I said something about how "This isn't the lovely calm homebirth I wanted. I'm too loud I wanted to be quiet." I was very loud..even with Liam's back labour I didn't make as much noise.

When I started properly pushing I felt so powerful. I spent the whole time pushing between contractions going on about how "I can do it, I'm doing" and when pushing (sorry tmi) I was moaning about how it hurt my clit. I knew my perenium would hurt..but ouch I didn't expect it to hurt up front too.

I bravely let my OH film the birth. I watched it back afterwards sobbing. It was such an amazing empowering experience. I've never felt so high on life.

Because the time between my waters breaking and Millie being born, and because of my antibodies, I had to stay 12 hours for Amelia to be observed. After those 12 hours the doctors and midwives started pissing about not being able to decide if I was allowed home or not, so at 7pm I had enough and decided for them. I discharged me and Amelia, but have to go back just after midday today to get some blood results and Amelia has to have her jaundice levels tested again. All being well we'll be straight back home again where we belong.

Now I have 2 hands I can type a bit more than 2 words lol.
Tuesday night the contractions starting coming fast. The pain built up so fast I couldn't handle it, so I had an epidural after just an hours established labour. At this point I was expecting to have a long time to go. I thought my labour would be at least 10 hours. I was only given a weak dose so I could still feel every contractions, but I could cope with it much easier. Between contraction I felt normal.
It wasn't too long after I could feel my body given small pushes with each contraction. The midwife got everything ready because I could feel a huge amount of pressure in my bum. Looking throught the paperwork my labour was recorded 3 hours 35 minutes, not the 3 hours I thought but not far off.
High on gas and air as the epidural was going on I said something about how "This isn't the lovely calm homebirth I wanted. I'm too loud I wanted to be quiet." I was very loud..even with Liam's back labour I didn't make as much noise.

When I started properly pushing I felt so powerful. I spent the whole time pushing between contractions going on about how "I can do it, I'm doing" and when pushing (sorry tmi) I was moaning about how it hurt my clit. I knew my perenium would hurt..but ouch I didn't expect it to hurt up front too.

I bravely let my OH film the birth. I watched it back afterwards sobbing. It was such an amazing empowering experience. I've never felt so high on life.

Because the time between my waters breaking and Millie being born, and because of my antibodies, I had to stay 12 hours for Amelia to be observed. After those 12 hours the doctors and midwives started pissing about not being able to decide if I was allowed home or not, so at 7pm I had enough and decided for them. I discharged me and Amelia, but have to go back just after midday today to get some blood results and Amelia has to have her jaundice levels tested again. All being well we'll be straight back home again where we belong.

Sounds like a good birth hun, i think its great you got to watch it all back xx

Gorgeous! Huge congratulations. So were you induced in the end?

I was seen by the SHO who was lovely and seemed to listen to me. I had decided with husband to reconsider induction from Monday when I would be 12 days past my due date rather than the one the hospital was going by (my scan put me 6 days ahead).

Anyway, she got the consultant in to do a sweep... Who said that they shouldn't have changed my due date as it was different by less than a week. She said I didn't need to be there, didn't need monitoring and that baby and I are healthy. She booked me for induction for the 15th when I will be term plus 13.

Ellitigg- great idea! I love the email idea :)

Amandad- soooo cute!! Congrats! Thanks for sharing your birth story :)

Becstar- :hugs: glad you found someone at the hospital who was willing to listen to you! I'll keep my fingers crossed your labor starts up naturally soon! :)

Thanks for the full term wishes yesterday ladies..

All these babies are making me want mine lol..

Congrats amanda she is beautiful.. :)

Been having contractions but they aren't staying consistent.. first was 9mins apart.. then 13 mins.. dh and dtd last night.. and had them all night long.. couldnt sleep but dozed off and on.. gonna drink some water and see if they stop.. if they do them oh well baby needs to cook for a bit longer..

Amanda- She is beautiful!!!

Becstar- I am so happy you got everything sorted out!!!

Hi everyone,
Our yellow bumped turned blue!
He is named Darragh, 8lbs 18inches long and PERFECT!
I am still in hospital, He came Tuesday morning by elective C-section as he was breech.
Baby and I are doing great I am soooo in love, He is my world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->