February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

He may have done a sweep...or maybe not...although in my experience, ive seen doctors do a lot of things to women without letting them know...like a sweep...or breaking their water :dohh: but that doesn't mean he did one. Im not insinuating that. But if he did, that could be why. And if he didn't then sometimes the first internal exam just does that to ppl-makes them spotty and crampy. It just goes with the territory. Some women get it...others do not....i have to admit...im disappointed he told you that you would go early or on the EDD....i think thats very foolish to tell a very pregnant woman! Maybe he will be right, but he has NO WAY of knowing, and if you go over its going to be even more stressful just because he said you wouldnt...sorry end rant lol, i hate when docs plant seeds like that lol

thanks becstar- that makes me feel better...i was like "WTF?!" lol i was kinda pissed that it went back :blush:

Okay this might seem like a silly question, but i really don't know. I just went to my 38+6 appointment and I asked the doctor if he could do a membrane sweep. He said, well, it depends how things are progressing, we dont usually do them until right around your due date. I hinted that I wanted one and that I wanted to meet baby Kenny.

Then he did my internal exam (this was my first ever so i dont know what to expect), and he felt around etc... it was umcomfortable, but not seriously painful. He said I was 1cm dialted and my cervix was really soft, and he said he was surprised how low Kenny's head was. He said he could see my going into labor early or on my due date and didnt think I would go late. He said I could expect some blood and cramping tonight, but it isnt contractions unless they are regular and progress in intensity.

When he pulled his hand out it was bloody. Now its been an hour and I'm home and when i went to the bathroom and wiped there was red blood and also parts of what looked like my mucus plug. Im also feeling slightly crampy.

Do you think that he just did a normal internal exam, or did he do the sweep after all and just not say anything?

No i had the exact same thing after my first exam... i was really crampy and had alot of blood (even clots). It all went away after about 3 days. Yesterday my Dr. did a real sweep and it was def. different from the exam he did the first time... it hurt alot more and he was really "digging" around in there.

This sweep talk is scaring me. Sounds painful and I don't even like internals lol although the male dr checking was not painful but the female was.

So funny guppy you miss a few hrs and everyone thinks your giving birth :)

He may have done a sweep...or maybe not...although in my experience, ive seen doctors do a lot of things to women without letting them know...like a sweep...or breaking their water :dohh: but that doesn't mean he did one. Im not insinuating that. But if he did, that could be why. And if he didn't then sometimes the first internal exam just does that to ppl-makes them spotty and crampy. It just goes with the territory. Some women get it...others do not....i have to admit...im disappointed he told you that you would go early or on the EDD....i think thats very foolish to tell a very pregnant woman! Maybe he will be right, but he has NO WAY of knowing, and if you go over its going to be even more stressful just because he said you wouldnt...sorry end rant lol, i hate when docs plant seeds like that lol

LOL, its cute that you are defensive of me. Dont worry, i know it doesnt matter what he says, baby will be here when he's ready ;)

I hope he did a sweep. i was asking him to do one!

I hate when doctors say crap like that too. Maybe because I'm bias due to being told that I would have Aria by noon for sure ... and clearly that didnt happen. That definitely played a part in my later breakdown of saying there was "obviously" something wrong with me and that's why I hadn't had her yet.

/rant

Good luck ladies!!! :)

I hate when doctors say crap like that too. Maybe because I'm bias due to being told that I would have Aria by noon for sure ... and clearly that didnt happen. That definitely played a part in my later breakdown of saying there was "obviously" something wrong with me and that's why I hadn't had her yet.

/rant

Good luck ladies!!! :)

I really didn't take offense at it and I wasn't bothered by it at all. He was saying based on the notes he looked at and the measurements from previous ultrasounds and just how I told him I've been feeling. He actually said a lot of times first time moms go late but I wouldn't be surprised if you went early or on time. It made me happy, and if Kenny does come late I'll be fine ;) don't worry!

Oh no Jokerette, I'm sure you're hella more sensible than I was. I'm not worried for you. :) I'm just bitter about how my nurse pissed me off haha.

I can't stop crying. Besides this massive hemeroid that's killing me I have so much pressure pain in my vag that I swear she's going to fall out. Is there anyway to be in labor and not have contractions? Besides back labor because I don't have back pain. I'm ok when I'm sitting down pretty much but if I walk anywhere it hurts so bad. I can't believe what a baby I am being. I was not like this with DS. This is so different. I do have pain in my back but it not my lower back it's up in my shoulders like a gas bubble pain if you have had that.

Sorry for the rant but I just can't take it anymore.

I wonder if the end o pregnancy sucks so u don't mind giving birth do its over.

I can't stop crying. Besides this massive hemeroid that's killing me I have so much pressure pain in my vag that I swear she's going to fall out. Is there anyway to be in labor and not have contractions? Besides back labor because I don't have back pain. I'm ok when I'm sitting down pretty much but if I walk anywhere it hurts so bad. I can't believe what a baby I am being. I was not like this with DS. This is so different. I do have pain in my back but it not my lower back it's up in my shoulders like a gas bubble pain if you have had that.

Sorry for the rant but I just can't take it anymore.

I wonder if the end o pregnancy sucks so u don't mind giving birth do its over.

:hugs:

Hope you have some cream for the hemaroid, im suffering too, find the cream helps for a short while though :thumbup:

Sorry you in so much pain, im getting alot of these pains & struggle to walk anywhere too far now :dohh:

The best thing I did to help, was take a couple of paracetomal & have a half decent nights rest :sleep:

Thinking of you :friends:

I just had a HUGEEEEEEEE blood show!!! I did not realize it would be that big!!! I have been having a ton of Braxton hicks contractions today both nothing serious yet! Hopefully things are moving for me ... fingers crossed!

I just had a HUGEEEEEEEE blood show!!! I did not realize it would be that big!!! I have been having a ton of Braxton hicks contractions today both nothing serious yet! Hopefully things are moving for me ... fingers crossed!

:wohoo: :yipee: :dance: :happydance:

Aww Saphire. I think the paracetemol is good advice. I've been having loads of pain and discomfort too, and I think you're right - it does help you get over the worries about labour because you just want it to all be done.

Yay Junebugs! :hugs:

I got up in the night to go to the bathroom and found that none of our hot taps are working which probably means a frozen pipe, or a burst one. It was about -6 here last night and now we can't turn the heating on until it's resolved in case the heat causes the pipe to explode. I'm due today and we so don't need this stress right now...plus it's a Saturday so it's going to be harder to get it fixed :cry:

Girls what is your discharge like? Iv just put it down to losing bits of plug but I'm worried I might have an infection, when I wipe there is a greeny snot like substance, do you think it's plug?

Girls what is your discharge like? Iv just put it down to losing bits of plug but I'm worried I might have an infection, when I wipe there is a greeny snot like substance, do you think it's plug?

I'm not an expert but I think green is generally an infection. I've been battling thrush for almost my whole pregnancy and I have had quite a lot of green discharge. As the last pessary didn't work for me, I'm just using cream until I give birth and then I can get treated properly with antibiotics. Does your midwife do urine samples at each appointment? They should be checking for white blood cells which would indicate an infection. I would probably get it checked out, particularly if you're getting any itching or anything. The doctor or midwife should be able to give you a little swab thing which you can do yourself and give back to them and they send it off for testing. Nice and straightforward :)

Nah, green mucus plug is fine... Mine is green, pink, brown, clearish... All kinds! My first ever show looked like an elephant had sneezed on my leg!

My baby seems to have popped back up again as I can walk without pain or waddling today. Bah! Having constant mucus plug loss though...

Aww Saphire. I think the paracetemol is good advice. I've been having loads of pain and discomfort too, and I think you're right - it does help you get over the worries about labour because you just want it to all be done.

Yay Junebugs! :hugs:

I got up in the night to go to the bathroom and found that none of our hot taps are working which probably means a frozen pipe, or a burst one. It was about -6 here last night and now we can't turn the heating on until it's resolved in case the heat causes the pipe to explode. I'm due today and we so don't need this stress right now...plus it's a Saturday so it's going to be harder to get it fixed :cry:

Oh shit thats not good, hopefully you can get someone out asap.

It was -13 here in whittlesey i wacked my heating on the highest and we was still cold x

Been to get checked get results in 3 days but baby moving well and lots of braxtons being recorded and I didn't know that's what they were haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->