February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Mine said to call if my water broke but that they would likely ask me to come in to be checked anyway. So if your water breaks at home I'd say give them a ring and see what they suggest. :)

guppy - im so flipping jealous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you have no bloody idea ! :rofl:
congrats 2 weeks over and 2 weeks under !
afm- im in constant pain all the darn time :cry:
with jesse i was in slow early labour for the week before hand, contracting on and off, and they were def contractions because they got painful, but then subsided and im having the exact same thing this time :(
keep having contractions but then they stop. im so angry at my body. i wish it would either go into definate labour or let me enjoy the next 11 days and be pain free!

and holly is sitting so low that it really hurts to sit down and i feel like im sitting on her head. so painful

guppy - im so flipping jealous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you have no bloody idea ! :rofl:
congrats 2 weeks over and 2 weeks under !
afm- im in constant pain all the darn time :cry:
with jesse i was in slow early labour for the week before hand, contracting on and off, and they were def contractions because they got painful, but then subsided and im having the exact same thing this time :(
keep having contractions but then they stop. im so angry at my body. i wish it would either go into definate labour or let me enjoy the next 11 days and be pain free!

and holly is sitting so low that it really hurts to sit down and i feel like im sitting on her head. so painful

I agree totally with you!! Stinks being in such pain at the end. I could get so much done at home now that I'm not working but I can't cause it hurts :(

Sorry I can't catch up because....

MY WATER BROKE!!!!!!!!!!​

I rolled over because isaiah was in the monitor crying.
Was telling DH to go and give him milk.
When i rolled over my water went everywhere in bed!

No contractions yet, but it happened at 7:35am
& it's only been 10 minutes

:happydance: Good luck Guppy ~ Hope those tightnings get stronger & your LO arrives real soon :baby::cloud9::happydance:

AFM, I tried to go to bed at 10 last night, and Aria decided we needed to be up all night, crying and cluster-feeding and screaming and fussing and it was miserable. From 10pm - 8am I slept maybe 2 hours total, broken into pieces. :| We took her in this morning for a checkup because we had been discussing her reflux issues at her 1 month appointment, but last night was the first really bad night of her having problems with it. I felt awful, because she was obviously so miserable and in so much pain. Hopefully what they gave me for her problems works! I just hate seeing her be so unhappy and finding myself incapable of making her feel relief. :( She's finally fast asleep now, so after her 10am feed, I'm hoping she conks back out so I can get some rest. Fingers. Crossed. :lol:

Anyone with reflux experience, I'm open to all ideas, suggestions, etc on how to help make her more comfortable. She slept a little bit in her carseat last night, and a little on her tummy (on Daddy's tummy), otherwise she was inconsolable.

Yes....My DD had reflux ~ It was totally awful :cry: I had to stop breastfeeding, as she was in so much pain feeding, she was only getting the foremilk & thus making it worse :cry:

The best suggestions I have are:

Feed as upright as you can
Prop her bed up a little at the head end
Go see the Doctor ~ My DD had to have meds, but they really helped

There is a great, fantastic in fact thread on here, I joined when DD was first diagnosed & they are so helpful, I always pop back now :friends:

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/506794-reflux-help-support-thread.html

Wishing you the very best, it isnt easy....My DD was my first child to suffer from it & it made the other children as babies seem soooooo easy, im praying this LO doesnt have it :nope: FX FX FX FX

I'm jealous, too!! My hips have been hurting and I've been having BH and cramps since last night. :(
At this point, I'm convinced I'm going to be one of the last in here to have my baby. :(
Good luck, Guppy, and anyone else who's in the early stages... more babies to come soon... I can feel it!! :thumbup:

I'm jealous, too!! My hips have been hurting and I've been having BH and cramps since last night. :(
At this point, I'm convinced I'm going to be one of the last in here to have my baby. :(

:hugs: Id forgotton how hard these last weeks are :hug:

Having the hip pains too, finding it hard to walk far :dohh:

Lots of painful BH ~ Even had to sit down the other day whilst out

If it helps.......Your having your LO before me! :winkwink:

Thank you Kelly! I so appreciate it!

The doctor was impressed because she was 8lb 3oz on Tuesday and 8lb 10oz today, so she said that she clearly is eating more than enough and thankfully, weight issues are no big deal at the moment. I'm grateful for that much. But she has major issues after eating, especially at night. During feeds, she'll sometimes arch her back and grunt or scream but I can usually bribe her back to the boob. After feeds, I burp her and during the day, I'm usually holding her for a long time so she settles nicely and falls back asleep, or is awake and happy. At night, though, I would try to hold her upright as long as possible but when exhaustion would hit, I'd try to sleep with her and she'd wail. Last night she wailed and flailed and arched anytime we put her down for 5 hours. We got her to nap briefly in her carseat. This afternoon we took her newborn lounger (by boppy) and put her between us on the bed. She crashed, and so did we. It works great and she is nestled inside the lounger so nicely. So that was helpful.

We got Zantac today for her but she hates the taste (can't blame her) and thus tries to spit most of it back out in my face. :| We'll see how it goes until Monday.

OK so i am confused... i have been reading so many different things. Yesterday i had a huge glob of mucus come out filled with red/brown blood in it. Today i had more this morning but there was more blood in this one and i just had a bit more now with not as much blood.

Is this a bloody show or is it just me losing my mucus plug?

The doctor was impressed because she was 8lb 3oz on Tuesday and 8lb 10oz today, so she said that she clearly is eating more than enough and thankfully, weight issues are no big deal at the moment. I'm grateful for that much. But she has major issues after eating, especially at night. During feeds, she'll sometimes arch her back and grunt or scream but I can usually bribe her back to the boob. After feeds, I burp her and during the day, I'm usually holding her for a long time so she settles nicely and falls back asleep, or is awake and happy. At night, though, I would try to hold her upright as long as possible but when exhaustion would hit, I'd try to sleep with her and she'd wail. Last night she wailed and flailed and arched anytime we put her down for 5 hours. We got her to nap briefly in her carseat. This afternoon we took her newborn lounger (by boppy) and put her between us on the bed. She crashed, and so did we. It works great and she is nestled inside the lounger so nicely. So that was helpful.

We got Zantac today for her but she hates the taste (can't blame her) and thus tries to spit most of it back out in my face. :| We'll see how it goes until Monday.

It sounds like she really prefers to be sat more upright, even if that means being in her lounger, which eases her pain :hugs:

Defo prop her bed up at the head end, I did this for many months & I really think it helped :thumbup:

Having a baby with reflux is so hard, it hurts to see them suffering, I totally sypathise :hugs:

Such tragic breaking news ~ Whitney Houston has died!

Really feel for her Family, especially her Daughter :hugs:

I wish I could be of help Junebugs but I have no idea.

Thanks Kelly! We are going to get into bed after she nurses (she is right now) and are hoping for a better nights sleep. But once she eats I am going to take a photo of her rash and see what y'all think. I don't think it's hives from the zantac but I'm too skittish of a FTM to know for sure and I'm worried it could be something that's actually hurting her. :shrug: :| but I think it's something harmless and I'm over reacting. Hoping one of you may have seen it before. Haha.

Once she stops eatin I will take a pic.

Guess Guppy must be labor-ing away since we haven't heard from her! :lol:

My son slept in his car seat or swing because of the incline his was pretty bad too and he'd also spit up a lot. This time we got a rocker sleeper have you seen them? They are very popular my friend gor 5 at her shower maybe look into that to put next to your bed so she doesn't have to lay flat at night.

OK so i am confused... i have been reading so many different things. Yesterday i had a huge glob of mucus come out filled with red/brown blood in it. Today i had more this morning but there was more blood in this one and i just had a bit more now with not as much blood.

Is this a bloody show or is it just me losing my mucus plug?

I had thought they were the same thing... but now that you asked the question I googled it and I guess they are sometime the same thing but sometimes different. I'm not really sure how to tell the difference to be honest except it sounds like the bloody show might be more watery?

------------------------
AFM I had definitely been losing my mucus plug! There was a lot of blood with it yesterday after my sweep, and now 29 hours later I still havent had any contractions :( But I am still losing big pieces of the plug. I had heard the sweep can lead to labor in 48 hours if its going to be effective, so I'm still holding out hope, but I had hoped it would be something more significant by now.

------------------------
Guppy--- havent heard from you in a while, im assuming (hoping) that means you are in active labor or maybe youre holding your new baby right now! xoxox

This is Aria's "rash" - it's at the base of her neck. It's red, kind of hard to photograph. Basically she just has a patch of skin that's red and not raised, and then a few tiny little raised dots spread across the red. :| It's been there for hours and hours, hasn't changed since I first noticed it. Initially we feared it was hives from the meds but I'm thinking not the case. Though was unsure if anyone else had seen similar on their LOs before.

Thanks for the tip Saphire, I will look into that! :D

Attachments

• IMG_2689.jpg
    IMG_2689.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 11
This is Aria's "rash" - it's at the base of her neck. It's red, kind of hard to photograph. Basically she just has a patch of skin that's red and not raised, and then a few tiny little raised dots spread across the red. :| It's been there for hours and hours, hasn't changed since I first noticed it. Initially we feared it was hives from the meds but I'm thinking not the case. Though was unsure if anyone else had seen similar on their LOs before.

Thanks for the tip Saphire, I will look into that! :D

Im really not sure, but mayby a heat rash? :shrug: As long as you dont notice it anywhere else on her body, im sure its nothing to worry about

Yea it's definitely limited only to right there. We will see how it looks tomorrow! haha. Thanks!

Jokerette- That's great that you are loosing your plug!!! I didnt get that at all on my first sweep, i just had blood and blood clots come out with a little mucus.
I have not had any contractions yet..... :( it is not looking hopeful but i am just so confused about this whole bloody show and mucus plug. I had some watery blood with the mucus i lost this morning.... The other 2 times it was just mucus with blood in it.

Swan- I would do what you are doing and just keep an eye on it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->