February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I am an emotional wreck. I feel like I am drowning in anxiety. I was so happy for two days then bam! My milk is coming in and I know that can cause it but I feel such a wreck. All the issues I had with La have come flooding back (I think I had PND but never dealt with it).

Jacob was the same, and is up all night too.

I am an emotional wreck. I feel like I am drowning in anxiety. I was so happy for two days then bam! My milk is coming in and I know that can cause it but I feel such a wreck. All the issues I had with La have come flooding back (I think I had PND but never dealt with it).

:hugs: So sorry your feeling this way ~ 'Baby blues' mayby :hug:

:hugs: sorry to hear it Becstar!

I had a rough night with Aria last night. Spent much of it crying because I was so frustrated with myself for being unable to tell why she was so upset. But at the end of the night she then slept for 4 hours straight. Thank goodness!

Now though, I'm a little tired and my in laws are on their way and OH didn't do much help cleaning last night so I'm trying to get that done... and my dog is puking. Peanuts, of all things. To my knowledge we had no peanuts in the house so idk what happened. I am really wrestling to not cry. At least Aria is asleep while I deal with this but still... :|

:hugs: sorry to hear it Becstar!

I had a rough night with Aria last night. Spent much of it crying because I was so frustrated with myself for being unable to tell why she was so upset. But at the end of the night she then slept for 4 hours straight. Thank goodness!

Now though, I'm a little tired and my in laws are on their way and OH didn't do much help cleaning last night so I'm trying to get that done... and my dog is puking. Peanuts, of all things. To my knowledge we had no peanuts in the house so idk what happened. I am really wrestling to not cry. At least Aria is asleep while I deal with this but still... :|

:hugs: All round it seems :hug:

I found the first 2 months the hardest ~ So I know how you are feeling :flower:

Hope your dog is Ok....How strange 'peanuts':shrug:.....Mayby he keeps a secret stash somewhere :haha:

I just hope we don't have a mouse or something stashing them someplace!!! :rofl:

GG- Congratz to you!!!!!!

Elli- I know what you mean!! Mason has cluster fed for the past 2 nights in a row like that. He just seems to be on my boob all the time!!!

Becstar-I'm sorry to hear that hun :hugs:

Congrats GG!!

So I'm watching Deadly Dozen from National Geographic (or Animal planet, not sure which - its on Netflix) and its the dozen deadliest creatures of Australia. I'm like 0_0 :rofl: I want to go down under so badly one day but I may stay out of the water :haha:

I've been crying a lot today and I know how you all feel. Yesterday, Josh was sleeping for a good 2 hours between feeds but overnight and today it's been basically non stop. We've only been able to get him to settle in his cot for one period of about 1.5 hours. Other than that it has been a constant cycle of nursing, falling asleep on the breast, changing, nursing.... I'm so exhausted that I have no idea how I'm going to get through tonight. After last night I thought I'd be able to snooze when he was asleep today but he just won't sleep for more than about 20 mins and that is on my chest!

PS can someone repost the link to the other thread? Thx!

Ellli- i'm sorry to hear that hun, 20 mins is not alot of time.... :hugs: hopefully it will get better soon.

As promised here are some pictures of Mason

Attachments

• DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 6
Gosh we are all in the same boat... It is so tiring :( it will get easier ladies, we can do this! At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I had an appt with a lactation consultant today. It was great. We went over my latch, improved on it... Abd she should me things I can try. She weighed Kenny and hes gaining well. She also was able to give me a free medela breast pump since I had a prescription from my doctor. A $300 value!! I will start pumping in 2 weeks so Jeremy can take a feeding at night... Phew

Wow, congrats, GG!!!

I want my baby!! :brat: Seriously there are like four of us left who are still baby-less!!

swan-- I'm reading the Hunger Games series right now (for the first time). It's sooo good!! I just started Mockingjay. :)

Congrats GG!

I think Josh finally wore himself out as he slept for 2.5 hours, but it was on my chest as he just wouldn't go down. Hopefully he is as shattered as I am and will go down a bit better tonight. Sending :hugs: to everyone in the same boat.

I'm also planning to use a medela pump and decided not to start pumping until he'd had 2 weeks breast feeding so that he doesn't get confused with bottle feeding. Good work on getting a free one :thumbup:

elli the link to the other thread is in post one of this thread (at the bottom) :thumbup:

Here's my birth story:

My waterbroke at 1:00am. Contractions started at 1:30am they were about 3 minutes apart so we went to the hospital right away. By the time we got there I was 3 cm dilated. It was progresing exteremly fast. I decided I wanted the epidural so they got me hooked up to the IV. They started the epidural procedure pretty quickly. The hardest part is that you cannot move a muscle while they do the epidural needle and it takes like 30 mins so I had to sit perfectly still through the contractions! And they made jeremy leave the room so i was alone with just the anesthesiologist and the nurse.

By the time the epidural was done i got rechecked and i was 8cm dilated. My contractions were about 2 mins apart. By6:00 am I was 10cm dilated and ready to push. my contractions were 1-2 mins apart. It would have been the perfectly time to start pushing. BUT because i was so comfortable they decided to let me 'labor down naturally" and let him move down in my pelvis by using just my body's contractions. He did move down slightly but not a ton, so in retro spect i wish i had started pushing right away.

By 8:30ish my contractions had slowed to 7-8 mins apart and they told me we needed to start pushing. I started pushing around 8:45am but with the contractions so far apart it was harder to make good progress. They told me he'll be here by 9:30, then they said by 10:30, fthen by 11:00... finally around 11:15 I was so tired I was begging them to help me. I said "I cant do it, i'm so tired". I had no strength to push anymore. so i begged for them to use the vacuum to help suck him while I pushed. They told me if i did that i couldn't hold him right away because he would need to be checked by another team of doctors. But i insisted. So with a few big pushes with all my strength, plus the little extra help from the vacuum he was born at 11:29am.

The doctors took him and checked him out and he was great. He had a slight conehead and slight bruising from the vaccum. I got to hold him abour 5 minutes after he was born. While the doctors were checking him out I got s titched up. I had slight tearing, but not too bad. I could not feel the tearing specifically, I just felt a general pressure/pain.

The epidural was really great. I am glad I got it. I still go to feel what contractions felt like from before hand, and honestly I could still slightly feel the "ring of fire" they talked about. But i think it was all just less intense.

i wish i could go back in time and insist that we start pushing at 6;00am so i could maybe have a quicker pushing session, but that's okay... hes here and healthy!

Hello as I posted on fb baby Oakley was born this am xx

Congratulations :baby::cloud9: Hope all went well for you

Congrats GG!!

So I'm watching Deadly Dozen from National Geographic (or Animal planet, not sure which - its on Netflix) and its the dozen deadliest creatures of Australia. I'm like 0_0 :rofl: I want to go down under so badly one day but I may stay out of the water :haha:

:haha: I stay out of the water too! :winkwink:

I've been crying a lot today and I know how you all feel. Yesterday, Josh was sleeping for a good 2 hours between feeds but overnight and today it's been basically non stop. We've only been able to get him to settle in his cot for one period of about 1.5 hours. Other than that it has been a constant cycle of nursing, falling asleep on the breast, changing, nursing.... I'm so exhausted that I have no idea how I'm going to get through tonight. After last night I thought I'd be able to snooze when he was asleep today but he just won't sleep for more than about 20 mins and that is on my chest!

:hugs:

Ellli- i'm sorry to hear that hun, 20 mins is not alot of time.... :hugs: hopefully it will get better soon.

As promised here are some pictures of Mason

Awww ~ Totally adorable :baby::cloud9: His hair looks just like my DS2's did at birth

Wow, congrats, GG!!!

I want my baby!! :brat: Seriously there are like four of us left who are still baby-less!!

swan-- I'm reading the Hunger Games series right now (for the first time). It's sooo good!! I just started Mockingjay. :)

And then there were 4! :shock:

Junebugs he's precious!! Congrats!!

I will log on my Mac to update the other thread now. :)

Amaryllis aren't they great?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, they are soooo good!! I love how there's a surprise at the end of practically every chapter! Hard to put down and make myself go to bed. :)

Kelly-- I think it's just you and me and tiggertea and almostmama... who else is still waiting on babies?

This is a fun time of the evening for me... For the last several nights, I get BH for an hour or two, starting around 8 pm... just to the point where I start thinking, hmmm... maybe I should start packing a few things... and then they fizzle. :shrug:
Keeps my evenings interesting, I guess.

Yes, they are soooo good!! I love how there's a surprise at the end of practically every chapter! Hard to put down and make myself go to bed. :)

Kelly-- I think it's just you and me and tiggertea and almostmama... who else is still waiting on babies?

This is a fun time of the evening for me... For the last several nights, I get BH for an hour or two, starting around 8 pm... just to the point where I start thinking, hmmm... maybe I should start packing a few things... and then they fizzle. :shrug:
Keeps my evenings interesting, I guess.

Have you not packed your bag either? :shrug:

Im hoping to get my stuff today :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly