February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Meghan reminds me a little of Aria in the face in the second photo. :lol: She's too precious!

I actually have been increasingly concerned about PND. I've been afraid to mention anything to OH, though. He's busy working two jobs and it's a busy time of year for both of them. I don't want to needlessly concern him and I hate asking for his help in the middle of the night because of such. But I've gotten so stressed at night that three nights this week, I've gotten so worked up that I'd puke. I get really down and out on myself for being unable to sometimes know why she's crying and thus, being unable to settle her. As a result, I cry and have gotten to the point of thinking that she deserves a better mom in the heat of these crying moments. But they are short-lived, usually, lasting only for one night and not every night. I never consider harming her, but spend a lot of time dwelling on fear of something happening to her (like what, who knows? SIDS, someone dropping her, etc. mostly irrational lol). Sigh. I just pray it's due to being overtired and hope next week is a better one.

ANYWAY. On to better things...

Here's a mini-photo-bomb. :rofl:

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
  • aria 1.jpg
    aria 1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
  • aria 2.jpg
    aria 2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 2
Will pop back on later to reply :coffee: Dont feel too great right now :nope:

Im having alot of lower back pain & lower tummy pain this morning, but am very tired too (late night & early morning)....:sleep:

Have taken paracetomal & will be going for a nap when DD naps soon :sleep:

FX ~ Its NOT a sign :winkwink:

Awww, feel better, Kelly!! If it IS a sign, you'd better let us know!!

swan-- I think your feelings are normal and you're still well within the limits of the baby blues. You'll probably start feeling better in the next couple weeks. :hugs:

I've not been too bad, mood-wise, surprisingly. I cried a lot more with DS. This time, I've cried a couple times when DS was misbehaving and wouldn't listen. I felt bad, because of course he stopped right away and was waaaaay more sorry than he should've been for whatever it was he was doing, but you know, he made mommy cry and so it was made worse for him. :(

My body hurts the worst first thing in the morning and then in the evening. I've been taking tylenol in the evening to relieve my aches and pains so I can sleep, and it seems to help. And a shower helps in the morning.

I have been having a lot of BH the past few days, though not many today... :shrug: They seem like they're going to get regular and then they don't. And of course I check the TP for anything that looks remotely pinkish or pluggish-- and nothing.
Haha I even get excited when I get a stomach cramp because I think it might be a contraction or, at the very least, oncoming diarrhea!! :dohh:

So had my baby... bump turned from yellow to blue.. Feb 15th at 38 weeks.. He was born at 8:08 pm weighing 6lbs 6oz.. been trying to rest which isnt easy with a 2 1/2 year old.. We named him Bryce :)

congrats lilrojo :) pix soon i hope?

Kelly; keep us posted! i'll start sending labordust once you've gotten some rest, hehehe :hugs:

amaryllis; i only had braxton hicks ONE night, and never again... that was almost 3 weeks ago. :dohh:
I didn't know that Bowel movements of any type were labor related?
sorry for TMI, but I am a suuuper plain eater, and 'regular' for me was once a day, or even every other day more commonly... the last week or so, i've been going about 3 times a day, if not more, sometimes it's crampy and unpleasant, other times, just normal. i'm normally such a priss about these things, that i've been super embarassed about it!!! :blush:
I'm just hoping that she holds off coming until I can breathe again, with all of this congestion, i'm not thinking labor would be a day at the park

Congrats lilrojo!!! :)

Thanks Amaryllis. :hugs: that's what I'm hoping. Just hanging in there and taking it one day at a time :)

Amaryllis, yeah I had diarrhea about an hour before my water broke. I think I had 2 real BH's in late pregnancy and that it.

Swan- in so sorry you're feeling down. Hopefully it is just baby blues.. Did you say Aria has been cluster feeding lately? Maybe she's going through a growth spurt. I think increased milk productions can play with your hormones. We're here for you and keep us posted on how you're feeling. It's important to talk about it.

Who was it that was having a staring contest with their LO in the middle of the night? I found this article that says to avoid eye contact and a few other things with baby in the middle of the night. Apparently it gets their heart rate going and they have trouble falling asleep! How cute!!
https://www.parents.com/baby/sleep/tips/best-baby-sleep-tips/

There are some other good tips there too. Like cluster feeding in late afternoon so they go ti bed with very full bellies and it helps them sleep through the night longer shifts. I did it with Kenny last nigh, i fed him with a 2 hour interval between his two late afternoon feedings and I got two 4 hour intervals between feedings rather than the usual 3 hour interval.

So had my baby... bump turned from yellow to blue.. Feb 15th at 38 weeks.. He was born at 8:08 pm weighing 6lbs 6oz.. been trying to rest which isnt easy with a 2 1/2 year old.. We named him Bryce :)

Congrats :baby::cloud9:

the paracetomal helped this morning :thumbup:

feeling really tired now though, been baby 'stuff' shopping today :baby: thought it was about time!

Sam, I went #2 at least ten times the day I went into labor. The body sometimes begins to "clear out" before birth - whether it be through bowel movements or vomiting or both. So my doctor told me that flu like symptoms can be a sign, because of that.

I'm feeling much better today. She slept well last night and things are back to normal. She did her clusters early last week + increased fussiness so I'm convinced it was her growth spurt. Makes sense as to why I'd be more emotional. The past two nights she's been down to more normal behavior for herself and I've been more at peace so that makes sense.

Photobomb! :)

Attachments

• jokerett4.jpg
    jokerett4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 10
  • jokerette1.jpg
    jokerette1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 8
  • jokerette2.jpg
    jokerette2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
  • jokerette3.jpg
    jokerette3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 7
  • jokerette5.jpg
    jokerette5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 13
Kelly- i hope you feel better soon!! :hugs:

Jokerette and swan- Those are lovely pictures! soooo cute!!!

Lj- CONGRATZ!!!!!!!YAY for another boy!

Almost mama-I am sorry you feel like that but believe me i know exactly how you feel. I felt just like that in my last couple weeks. The only thing i would say to you is dont focus on your due date, have in your mind that you can (and it is normal) to be up to 2 weeks overdue. I know that those days for me of being overdue were the worse. I think i expected to much out of my due date. I thought that i would at least go into labor right around it and when i didnt it made me withdraw even more. I would not answer my phone or talk to anyone.

Joker :sad2: that is just beautiful!!!!
I love his hat...and the pic with you meeting him made me cry :blush:

SPEAKING OF PHOTOS guppy your birth photos are amazing. did your mw take them??

i don't think i could ever tire of these baby pix lol.
joker, he's SO cute... i loveeee the pix of you with him... the one of you looking @ him is amazing, and the one on the couch... u glowww with pride! he's certainly lucky to have so much love.

Vic... thank goodness i'm not alone. lol. lots of ppl have been telling me that they've gotten quite sick just @ the end. she isn't even here yet, and it was still 230 before i was able to wind down for bed, and even then i didnt sleep very soundly. good practice, i suppose!!

amaryllis, i'm trying not to focus toooo much on my due date, the docs said they would only let me go one week over, which was great news. we go back thursday (2 days before my due date) to see how things are coming along. if i have to pee into one more cup, i may cry, HAHAHAH. my pressure had dropped a lot @ my last appt, but they didn't seem overly concerned. i don't know much about what pressure indicates, but i do know epidurals can drop it further, so im interested to see how that goes.

my heartburn has slowed a bit, YAY *HAPPY DANCE*

Thank you ladies!! Everytime I look at the photo of me meeting h I cry too. I can't believe DH was able to capture that :)

Pumping question:
I got the medela backpack breast pump. I noticed when I try pumping on just one side there isn't enough suction to express any milk. I put the little yellow cap over the hole on the side that isn't being used but the cap seems to be leaking air. Did you ever notice that? When I pumped on both sides I got milk fine

Such a long hard week phew. I'm attempting to read back because I've missed so much. I will post the whole story if I ever have a free moment away from the baby my son or the breast pump. I'm pumping every 2 hrs round the clock for now.

Hope all is well w everyone. Any new babies? I'll read and check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->