February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Yes, they are soooo good!! I love how there's a surprise at the end of practically every chapter! Hard to put down and make myself go to bed. :)

Kelly-- I think it's just you and me and tiggertea and almostmama... who else is still waiting on babies?

This is a fun time of the evening for me... For the last several nights, I get BH for an hour or two, starting around 8 pm... just to the point where I start thinking, hmmm... maybe I should start packing a few things... and then they fizzle. :shrug:
Keeps my evenings interesting, I guess.

Have you not packed your bag either? :shrug:

Im hoping to get my stuff today :thumbup:

Haha no. :blush:
I think it's easy, when you have this date looming in (what used to be) the distance, to sort of forget that we really could go at any time!
I guess the BH have been my little reminder...
I did buy a travel-size toothpaste so that DH can still have toothpaste at home while I'm in the hospital. Nice of me, I know. :) We don't really share anything else...
And I made a list yesterday. So I figure if contractions get regular or my water breaks, I'll have plenty of time to get a bag and throw everything in it.

Yes, they are soooo good!! I love how there's a surprise at the end of practically every chapter! Hard to put down and make myself go to bed. :)

Kelly-- I think it's just you and me and tiggertea and almostmama... who else is still waiting on babies?

This is a fun time of the evening for me... For the last several nights, I get BH for an hour or two, starting around 8 pm... just to the point where I start thinking, hmmm... maybe I should start packing a few things... and then they fizzle. :shrug:
Keeps my evenings interesting, I guess.

Have you not packed your bag either? :shrug:

Im hoping to get my stuff today :thumbup:

Haha no. :blush:
I think it's easy, when you have this date looming in (what used to be) the distance, to sort of forget that we really could go at any time!
I guess the BH have been my little reminder...
I did buy a travel-size toothpaste so that DH can still have toothpaste at home while I'm in the hospital. Nice of me, I know. :) We don't really share anything else...
And I made a list yesterday. So I figure if contractions get regular or my water breaks, I'll have plenty of time to get a bag and throw everything in it.

Your beating me! ~ You have travel toothpaste already!!! :rofl:

:rofl:
It was an impulse buy, really. It was my brand and it was in a $0.99 bin. :)

Could you post your list here pretty please :kiss:

https://www.babyandbump.com/caesarean-section/878237-hospital-bag-pack.html

hi ladies,
ive not been on here in ages, but i've been keeping up on the births on the FB group, and i must extend another CONGRATS to all the girls who are not part of the group, who have had their little bubs...
not to sound biased... but i'm pretty sure our group has the cutest babies =oP

im still hanging in here waiting for mine, and every night i hope the cramps lead somewhere, but nothing.
i've reached the stage where i'm SO irritable, i can't stand to talk to anyone lol.
i've been ignoring my sisters calls all week and hardly speaking to anyone. i feel awful about it, but i'm SOOO put off by everything. i feel like a raging b*tch, and try as i may, I can't seem to help it... so rather than hurt anyones feelings, i have become a terrible antisocial recluse. eep.

how is everyone feeling?? how are all of the lovely new mamas? and bubs? anyone have any cute stories so far??? :)

ladies;

just reading over some of the sleeping/feeding posts...
Scarlet isn't hear yet, so i can't speak from experience, but a friend has two boys, and she recommended "the baby whisperer solves all your problems, by teaching you to ask the right questions"... so DW got it for me for xmas, and it has sooo much useful info.
she said that with using the book, the boys would both feed on routine for about 45 mins at a time, plus cluster and dream feed, which allowed them to sleep 8 hrs a night by 8 weeks.
also, a girl from work said the same, they swear by the book, calling it 'the baby bible' lol. i'm going to do my best to follow the tips also.
just thought i'd share, if anyone is up for some reading :)

So I forgot to update the baby thread and now it's almost 2am and I'm realizing it. :dohh: will fix that later. Right now I'm nursing her and then hopefully returning to bed. :lol: we will see!!

Almost mama-i felt the same way hun before i gave birth...... i totally understand!!!!

Tiggertea- Thank for updating the main page!! :) i forgot to give you his weight at birth. It was 7lbs 15ounces

I used the baby whisperer book with my first an it is a good read as its not a "do this" it's a "follow your baby's cues" book so as long as you accept you don't follow a rigid routine it's fab x

Becstar how you feeling? Its totally normal (so they tell me) to feel all emotional around the time your milk comes in. Thinking of you :hugs:

hi ladies,
ive not been on here in ages, but i've been keeping up on the births on the FB group, and i must extend another CONGRATS to all the girls who are not part of the group, who have had their little bubs...
not to sound biased... but i'm pretty sure our group has the cutest babies =oP

im still hanging in here waiting for mine, and every night i hope the cramps lead somewhere, but nothing.
i've reached the stage where i'm SO irritable, i can't stand to talk to anyone lol.
i've been ignoring my sisters calls all week and hardly speaking to anyone. i feel awful about it, but i'm SOOO put off by everything. i feel like a raging b*tch, and try as i may, I can't seem to help it... so rather than hurt anyones feelings, i have become a terrible antisocial recluse. eep.

how is everyone feeling?? how are all of the lovely new mamas? and bubs? anyone have any cute stories so far??? :)

:wave:

Good to 'see' you, you can always come on here & have a rant & a rage :hugs:

Looks like its just you, me & amaryllis waiting.....:baby: :baby: :baby:

can't believe it's only the middle of feb and nearly all the babies are here already!!

kelly that smiley looks like it would go well with... CAKE! :cake:

:hugs: bec, I've been having some really low days when I'm sure I'm getting PND but then arranging for people to come round and help out a bit means we have a much better day,

Even at 3 weeks I'm finding Meg a lot easier to look after. the first 10 days were so hard and I was so emotional but now she is having some lovely alert time and is able to focus on things so will ofter stop being upset e.g. when I'm changing her as she notices something and stares at it! still really struggling with lack of sleep and insomnia but I'm not sure what a GP would offer? can't take seatives if I'm looking after her and counselling would probably take ages to happen on nhs, I figured i'd wait for 6 wk appt then ask, but you could speak to your HV about it? (if you get a nice one!) Just know we're all here to offer what support we can and cyber:hugs: from all over the wold! I love this group

elli if you still need it the link is https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/853688-february-valentines-2012-a-14.html

here's some pics of Meg using her new found skill of being able to look at things!

Attachments

• PICT0071.jpg
    PICT0071.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0088.jpg
    PICT0088.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
can't believe it's only the middle of feb and nearly all the babies are here already!!

kelly that smiley looks like it would go well with... CAKE! :cake:

:hugs: bec, I've been having some really low days when I'm sure I'm getting PND but then arranging for people to come round and help out a bit means we have a much better day,

Even at 3 weeks I'm finding Meg a lot easier to look after. the first 10 days were so hard and I was so emotional but now she is having some lovely alert time and is able to focus on things so will ofter stop being upset e.g. when I'm changing her as she notices something and stares at it! still really struggling with lack of sleep and insomnia but I'm not sure what a GP would offer? can't take seatives if I'm looking after her and counselling would probably take ages to happen on nhs, I figured i'd wait for 6 wk appt then ask, but you could speak to your HV about it? (if you get a nice one!) Just know we're all here to offer what support we can and cyber:hugs: from all over the wold! I love this group

elli if you still need it the link is https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/853688-february-valentines-2012-a-14.html

here's some pics of Meg using her new found skill of being able to look at things!

She is cuuuute :)

It was nice to read this. Most of the milestones you read about are much later on, so it's lovely to think there's some significant changes to look forward to in the next couple of weeks

:hugs: Becs

Awww, sparklez, so cute!!

I anticipate having to deal with PND as well... I also think I had it with DS but was never diagnosed. So if nothing else, we will have each other to help us along. I would hate to have to go on pills, though I suppose I will if it means the problem goes away. It was pretty bad with DS.

gossipgirly, i feel the same... i think it will be super helpful, so long as u understand that a "schedule" is impossible, and a relative routine is the best you can shoot for, at least in the early months.

i can't believe how few of us are left waiting.
Kelly; how are you feeling with the hormones? and you amarillys?
i worry about PND too, just because of how i've been feeling the last couple of days. i really dont want that... I know it will be overwhelming, but if it keeps up as it is now, i worry i may seriously injur some of my relationships, LOL.
i feel like a crazy person! DW is high energy, and usually in a very good mood, cracking jokes and singing and dancing around, and lately, when she starts, i just look at her and tell her shes giving me anxiety, and to pls just be a normal human being *COVERS EYES* how awful! I've apologized in advance... which she appreciates lol, but shes basically written me off as a lunatic for the time being.
all i want to do is be left on my own to clean.

have either of you had any labor signs yet?? if i have to check one more time for mucus plug, i may lose my head. i understand now why ppl say the waiting is so hard. i dont feel too badly physically... to be honest, outside of being restless at night, and it robbing me of my sleep, i feel pretty good. i have a cold, and cant breathe.. tired of blowing my nose and having a sore throat, but prego wise, i'm feeling pretty lucky...
its my poor emotional well being thats suffering. the last week of pregnancy should come with warning stickers.. "beware; dont poke the bear" or something. honestly, its dangerous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->