February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I know I know still early, but when is everyone planning on buying stuff? I dont mean crib and pram/stroller, I mean like little onsies and diapers/nappys and just little bits and pieces? We are staying team yellow/green (not gonna find out sex till birth) so that scan isnt going to make a difference.

I have my first appointment/scan July 8th, I will be about 9 weeks. I think I might after that once I see all is ok and a little heatbeat :D :D

Don't really believe in jinx'ing, dont think any karma is cruel to the point that simply you buying something will mean the end of your baby. Plus look at nature! All animals start to build nests/prepare for their babies before they come. (LOL thats my excuse LOL)

I'll start buying after my appt so long as all is well. The only things I've bought so far this time is a little dress and shoes (that were on clearance and TOO cute to pass up) and a REALLY funny sort of baby book. I'll wait for any (other) girl/boy stuff, but I'm sure we'll start getting other little things!

OT, and possible too early for some of you, but is anyone planning on going unmedicated?

Not "planning" but it's not out of the question. I'm open for whichever I need. If I can do it without meds, great. If it gets to where I need them, I'm fine with that too!

Well, first appointment was today! I booked an appointment with the community pregnancy center (for those like me without a family doc.) when I first found out, because the midwives were taking a long time getting back to me. When I did get an appointment with a midwife I found out that it's basically just a meet and greet, and a "this is what midwifery is about" appointment, I decided to keep the clinic appointment just incase I decide not to go with a midwife after all. (I'm pretty sure I will).

Today there was a lot of information, a lot of filling out paperwork, and a brief exam. My uterus seems to be growing as it should, which is the only indication today that confirmed I am in fact pregnant. She tried to listen for the heartbeat, but she warned me that it was probably unlikely at this stage to find, and it would be even harder on me since I have a tilted uterus. We didn't find it today, which was a bit of a bummer, but I'm sure I'll see little one soon enough!

She prescribed me Diclectin for the morning sickness, but I was a bit on the fence about filling the prescription (my MS hasn't been THAT bad). When I went to the pharmacy to fill it out and found out that it was nearly $200, I decided not to bother! I'll stick with Ginger and B6 thank you very much!

Any other Canadian ladies been prescribed Diclectin? Will you be using it? It makes me nervous that it's been pulled from the market in the US, but not here...

I have decided i will deal with the MS on my own until i feel it is so bad that i just cant take it anymore. I rather not fill my body with alot of drugs that are not always needed. But that is just me, and every woman is different.

Well, first appointment was today! I booked an appointment with the community pregnancy center (for those like me without a family doc.) when I first found out, because the midwives were taking a long time getting back to me. When I did get an appointment with a midwife I found out that it's basically just a meet and greet, and a "this is what midwifery is about" appointment, I decided to keep the clinic appointment just incase I decide not to go with a midwife after all. (I'm pretty sure I will).

Today there was a lot of information, a lot of filling out paperwork, and a brief exam. My uterus seems to be growing as it should, which is the only indication today that confirmed I am in fact pregnant. She tried to listen for the heartbeat, but she warned me that it was probably unlikely at this stage to find, and it would be even harder on me since I have a tilted uterus. We didn't find it today, which was a bit of a bummer, but I'm sure I'll see little one soon enough!

She prescribed me Diclectin for the morning sickness, but I was a bit on the fence about filling the prescription (my MS hasn't been THAT bad). When I went to the pharmacy to fill it out and found out that it was nearly $200, I decided not to bother! I'll stick with Ginger and B6 thank you very much!

Any other Canadian ladies been prescribed Diclectin? Will you be using it? It makes me nervous that it's been pulled from the market in the US, but not here...

I have decided i will deal with the MS on my own until i feel it is so bad that i just cant take it anymore. I rather not fill my body with alot of drugs that are not always needed. But that is just me, and every woman is different.

That's more the way I am too! I was surprised that I was offered a prescription so easily, when I didn't ask for one, nor did I even say that my MS is that bad.

Either way, I'm happy to deal with it using more natural means :)

Hey, can I (tentatively) join you?
FF gives me an EDD of Feb 27, but going by LMP, I get Mar 1. I hate being in limbo like this, but I really think s/he will be born in Feb.
I just got my bfp last night. :happydance:

welcome therealme and congrats~

yeah there are lots of pages in here! I'm only 6 weeks so I haven't had a scan yet but I am working full time (or at least I'm supposed to be, I find it hard to concentrate on work right now). I don't plan on telling them until at least 12 weeks if not later. My boss and most of my coworkers are at a different site though so that makes it easier. And I have the option to work from home a few days a week which has been really helpful.

Thank you! Your lucky in the sense that your team isnt local. Most of my team is local here and super nosy :) I would like to wait until 12 weeks as well. Do you know how you are going to announce it at work? Its not the sort of thing one says in a meeting? Right? I can work from home as well so that will make it easier, esp towards the end. How far along are you ?

wow....looks a lot of us are concerned about the same things! I told my immediate team who are very close, but I am planning to tell my boss after my first scan. Luckily, she is very nice and a lady and at a differnt location! definitely hard to work a full day!! Esp when you're gagging at the smell of everything your co-workers are eating. So I had to tell them so I could request for a bit of consideration ...soooo :sleep:

OT, and possible too early for some of you, but is anyone planning on going unmedicated?

I'm planning on a water birth with Gas and Air.
I had an epidural with Liam and I really beleive it was the reason for my complications. The midwives were telling me to push for an hour, but I had no "urge to push" so I was trying but honestly don't think I was doing it right.

Plan is just gas and air so I can listen to my body and do what it needs me to do.

Ahh bliss hubby has gone fishing today, so once i get the 3 big ones ready for school its just me and lil man. But as its :rain: i quess we are just gonna have to have a baking morning followed by a painting afternoon, just as soon as ive got all the :laundry: and :dishes: done.

Hope everyone is feeling good, and have a good day love Suze, Harley and Bubble xx

Morning! Today I got to visit the toilet with my head first. Not fun! I didnät do that even once with my son, but i had ms the whole pregnancy with him. I don't know how I'm ever gonna survive this!

Morning! Today I got to visit the toilet with my head first. Not fun! I didnät do that even once with my son, but i had ms the whole pregnancy with him. I don't know how I'm ever gonna survive this!

Ah bless ya sorry but this made me LOL!!! Hope MS eases up real soon for ya, have you tried b6? .....im sure thats what somebody on here recommended, Think it may have been guppy, but really cant remember sorry......:dohh:

Ive probably jinxed myself now for lol'ing at you, i will get struck by the worst ms ever.......!!!

Maybe your having a girl this time?????

Not too many of you all have a preggie journal. I was looking to stalk :D hehe

I think I might start one... I have a TTC journal that I might update tomorrow. Being pregnant is literally all I can think about :winkwink:...

CONGRATULATIONS! first baby for me too! Exciting isnt it?:happydance:

It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time! I was excited as I went to bed cause it was sinking in. But I've woke up and my boobs seer sore and my lines arent getting any darker. I'm STRESSING! Sooo much. Has this happened to anyone else? :-k

Do you think I'll be ok...

Right now i think if i had MS id feel better,i feel like i have no symptoms at all today OH told me to enjoy (out shopping with sis today) but it feels odd,only thing ive had so far this morning is the lovely EWCM lol,mind you im hoping i dont randomly barf in the middle of town now XD

Not too many of you all have a preggie journal. I was looking to stalk :D hehe

I think I might start one... I have a TTC journal that I might update tomorrow. Being pregnant is literally all I can think about :winkwink:...

CONGRATULATIONS! first baby for me too! Exciting isnt it?:happydance:

It's exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time! I was excited as I went to bed cause it was sinking in. But I've woke up and my boobs seer sore and my lines arent getting any darker. I'm STRESSING! Sooo much. Has this happened to anyone else? :-k

Do you think I'll be ok...

Dont worry, sure you'll be OK....HCG levels double only 48-72 hours, so it may take a few days for the lines to get darker. Trust me, you'll feel pregnant soon enough!! get some HCG tests done now and after a few days if you're really worried...you can then be reassured once you know everything is on track

Ah bless ya sorry but this made me LOL!!! Hope MS eases up real soon for ya, have you tried b6? .....im sure thats what somebody on here recommended, Think it may have been guppy, but really cant remember sorry......:dohh:

Ive probably jinxed myself now for lol'ing at you, i will get struck by the worst ms ever.......!!!

Maybe your having a girl this time?????

Maybe:) I have tried b6 but i started yesterday. don't know how long it takes before it works, if it works. Think I'm gonna call midwife today and complain, again. I really can't have it this way when I'm taking care of my son.

Kbkb (my phone corrects that to knob). Will I just ask the doctor for hcg test. I suppose I got my bfp on Monday afternoon and now it's only Wednesday. So I can see tomorrow and Friday can't I? I know I shouldn't but I might buy better tests :shrug:

How often have y'all been testing? Am I a :fool: :haha:. It's cause my symptoms jaw gone too, I only had sore boobs and now I haven't.

Ooh, thats a bit early! I would wait for a few days (hard i know!!) I did test even a week after :bfp: just for fun!!
If you do 2 hcg tests, you get your doubling time, which i think is all you need right now to ensure all on track.at least that's the way I look at it!!

Ooh, thats a bit early! I would wait for a few days (hard i know!!) I did test even a week after :bfp: just for fun!!
If you do 2 hcg tests, you get your doubling time, which i think is all you need right now to ensure all on track.at least that's the way I look at it!!

:shock: I've done 4! Gonna stop now. Got a 1 - 2 week reading on Monday night so gonna use a digi on Friday because I'm at the doctors on Friday morning... Does that sound more reasonable?! I'm a poas-aholic!

So since you've been pregnant how many times have you tested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->