February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

How is everyone dealing with their MS? I try to nibble on something all day long. I also have ice water with some flavoring to sip...they both help a bit. mine isnt too bad in the morning, which is great because i have to get to work...but i was miserable last evening...just sat around and watched tv for like 3 hours waiting for it to pass :(

I've been bringing Saltine crackers and ginger candies with me whereever I got in a big plastic zip lock bag that can double as a barf bag if need be! I find eating the crackers almost constantly has really helped!

For those of you are are not team yellow (I havent decided yet), I have something interesting for you. I came across this in the morning....apparently you can find out the gender at home at 10 weeks...it is 80% reliable....anyone planning on trying this?

https://www.intelligender.com/intelligender-gender-prediction-test.html

How is everyone dealing with their MS? I try to nibble on something all day long. I also have ice water with some flavoring to sip...they both help a bit. mine isnt too bad in the morning, which is great because i have to get to work...but i was miserable last evening...just sat around and watched tv for like 3 hours waiting for it to pass :(

morning sickness is highly linked to a vitamin B deficiency. The prenatal does not contain the proper amounts of B6 that pregnant women need :dohh: so beyond the prenatal i take 25mg of B6 3x per day (the spacing is important! You can also take 50mg of B6 2x per day if you can't find the 25mg form). Most people dont do the following, but i also take 50mg of B12 1x per day. I did this when i was pregnant with my son and never hadr MS.
If you do the B6, you will likely see a decrease in MS, if not gone altogether (it can vary from person to person, but i can gurantee it will at least help a little).

You can also take real, authentic ginger. It works well too.

Make sure you eat frequently-at least every 2 hours, small snacks (like yogurt and nuts, or a cheese stick and an apple, etc) A high protein, low carb diet is a great way as well. (but you still need carb, just make sure protein is your primary)

For those of you are are not team yellow (I havent decided yet), I have something interesting for you. I came across this in the morning....apparently you can find out the gender at home at 10 weeks...it is 80% reliable....anyone planning on trying this?

https://www.intelligender.com/intelligender-gender-prediction-test.html

I used it with my son, and it did come up boy. HOWEVER, and this is a BIG however, many things i have read about this test, is that it comes up boy WAY more frequently than girl. Usually, if it comes up girl its correct-you will likely have a girl. BUT when it come up boy, you could have a boy or you could have a girl- thats the aspect thats not so accurate. Hope that made sense. ...of course i still think it would be fun to do again :blush:

morning sickness is highly linked to a vitamin B deficiency. The prenatal does not contain the proper amounts of B6 that pregnant women need :dohh: so beyond the prenatal i take 25mg of B6 3x per day (the spacing is important! You can also take 50mg of B6 2x per day if you can't find the 25mg form). Most people dont do the following, but i also take 50mg of B12 1x per day. I did this when i was pregnant with my son and never hadr MS.
If you do the B6, you will likely see a decrease in MS, if not gone altogether (it can vary from person to person, but i can gurantee it will at least help a little).

Make sure you eat frequently-at least every 2 hours, small snacks (like yogurt and nuts, or a cheese stick and an apple, etc) A high protein, low carb diet is a great way as well. (but you still need carb, just make sure protein is your primary)

Thank you so much..where did you get the B6 from and what brand is it? I will give my doc a call today and get it confirmed from them. I have a really nice lunch ideal that works really well for me and has LOADS of protein from lentils and chicken breast.

here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-XQHZJ0WE

I make whole wheat burgers with these patties but didnt add all of the spices she uses (its wayyyyyyy too spice that was). I added a lot of Ginger though and cilantro. I made a bunch of these and froze them. Convenient and easy lunch :D

I think I'm going to get night symptoms... I've been feeling great in the morning and then last night I got hungry TWICE after eating dinner. And I feel a bit not normal. I don't know if it's nausea though?!

I've heard Ginger is good for MS though. I hope so, if I feel rough at 4w3d imagine what I'll be like next week & week after etc etc!

Mom and TTC, I'm sorry for your loss.

Ladies, I finally broke down and bought the bra extenders today - A.MAZ.ING. When the re-measured me, I'm not quite at the next size up yet, so in the meantime this just provides a little extra room... and I don't need to buy a whole new bra wardrobe (yet).

I've definitely started the bread craving - bread and bran (cereals, oatmeal, etc) all taste amazing. I splurged on a PB&J sandwich for lunch ... I know some people say not to eat peanut butter in case the baby is allergic, but neither my OH nor I are allergic, so I decided to give it a go... totally worth it! :thumbup:

Hope everyone's doing well!

It's hard to keep up with this thread I'm so excited there are so many moms to be for February! We had a little scare 2 nights ago DH and I had intercourse and to our surprise, there was some blood it was light red then pink...I had my Doctors appointment yesterday and they sent me for blood work to watch my HCG levels, so I'm scared just waiting and hoping I'm not reliving my night mare from my last pregnancy that ended in m/c..It's very common especially after intercourse to bleed as your cervix is very sensitive, I will get the first results today and this wont tell as much as I am only about 5 weeks and it is the first blood test it's what we will go by, so please everyone pray, cross your fingers that my little bean will stick :) I hope everyone else is doing fantastic.

So sorry for your loss 'mom and ttc' :( hope things get better with time :hugs:

Thank you so much..where did you get the B6 from and what brand is it? I will give my doc a call today and get it confirmed from them. I have a really nice lunch ideal that works really well for me and has LOADS of protein from lentils and chicken breast.

here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-XQHZJ0WE

I make whole wheat burgers with these patties but didnt add all of the spices she uses (its wayyyyyyy too spice that was). I added a lot of Ginger though and cilantro. I made a bunch of these and froze them. Convenient and easy lunch :D

Yum! i think i may have to try that!
Fx'ed we dont go overdue,but if we do consider making it with the spices! :haha: some ppl swear by spicy food to induce labor naturally...although i went 41 weeks & 5 days overdue and i tried EVERYTHING humanly possible...nothing worked :dohh: but i certainly would give everything a go this time around hah

I just got mine from Walmart. I forget the name but i think it has the word "Valley" in it, for some reason. I would go look but we are aactually moving in 2 days and they are packed somewhere...hopefully ms doesn't strike for the next day or so!

Hi ladies, I got my BFP and will be due 29th of feb!! please can I join??!!! would love to keep up with you guys through pregnancy!

Hi ladies, I got my BFP and will be due 29th of feb!! please can I join??!!! would love to keep up with you guys through pregnancy!

Welcome!
Would that not be an awesome thing if you actually delivered on your EDD?! its not likely but that would cool!

Welcome and congratulations to geogem, AmaryllisRed, emmadaisy, MermaidMom, Hotpink and CarlyT!

mom and ttc - I'm so sorry hun :hugs:

it would be very cool!! definately unique! unilkely but cool!!

morning everyone (well its 7am here !) :hi: my morning sickness is starting to kick in :cry: praying its not as bad this time round :nope: i had very bad hyperemisis with jesse. went to make a tea and i gagged at the smell :(
congrats to everyone joining us !!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->