February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Is it common for people to get early scans? I was told I would be booked for a scan anywheres from 18-20 weeks.

I know that most DRs here do the first scan between 8 and 12 weeks. They want to make sure that the sac is there and to tell how many babies there are, so on and so forth. I normally have 3-4 scans during my pregnancies, one at 8 weeks, one at 18-20 weeks, and one at about 32 weeks.
I am getting so impatient for my first appointment.... I think that this wait is worse than the 2ww!! :haha:

Is it common for people to get early scans? I was told I would be booked for a scan anywheres from 18-20 weeks.

My dr does one everytime I go to his office. I've had 2 and I'm not 6 weeks yet. Love scans!!!

Maybe ask at your first mw appointment and see if you can have an earlier scan

Not in Canada. I have seen alot of woman in Canada get scans later. I don't have mine booked until the end of August. (Around 16 weeks). I just happen to get one at about 6 weeks because i went to the hospital.

i am so nervous :/ i have a scan later on today. i HATE scans :( i am that nervous i woke at 3am and cant get back to sleep :( boo lol

how is everyone today? xxxx

Don't be nervious!!! I am sure everything will be fine ;)

I am in the US, and I got my first scan today (6+2), and I saw and heard the HB :happydance:. I have another one in 2 weeks, and then the first trimester screen in early August. The only reason I have one in two weeks is because I miscarried in Feb, and my Dr. doesn't want me to have to wait 6 weeks to see the baby again :).

EDD until this affternoon (1st appt) is 2/12/2012!!!:happydance:

This would be 6 days after our Anny!!! WOW!

However, as any of you that recognize me from other threads know, I have an irregularly regular cycle (every other month) so the doc has us coming in today to see if it is 2/12/12 or 1/24/12.... Either date would be fine with us!:winkwink:

I thought my MS was passing as I felt pretty good for most of the day yesterday. Well today it is back worse than ever! I threw up for the first time ever today ( I acutally couldn't stop...tmi- sorry) and now I am running late for work. I don't know if I should eat something so I have something in my stomach as I'm a bit shaky or if I should skip food so I don't get sick again, since I will be at work. This sucks. I'm pretty sure my prenatal came up as well as my breakfast. Should I try taking another prenatal later today to make sure my system gets the vits? Any help or suggestions would be awesome! I do take B6, and it doesn't seem to be helping although I will keep taking it!

I thought my MS was passing as I felt pretty good for most of the day yesterday. Well today it is back worse than ever! I threw up for the first time ever today ( I acutally couldn't stop...tmi- sorry) and now I am running late for work. I don't know if I should eat something so I have something in my stomach as I'm a bit shaky or if I should skip food so I don't get sick again, since I will be at work. This sucks. I'm pretty sure my prenatal came up as well as my breakfast. Should I try taking another prenatal later today to make sure my system gets the vits? Any help or suggestions would be awesome! I do take B6, and it doesn't seem to be helping although I will keep taking it!

:hugs: definetely eat something 5-10 minutes after puking. Don't eat straight after, but if you leave it too long you'll build up stomach acid and puke again.

As for the vits, it depends whats in them. Folic acid and b6 I'm 100% sure your can't overdose on because they are water soluble not fat soluble, so it depends what else is in them wether you should take another or not.

How much B6 are you taking?
x

i havent had ms with any of my previous but both been boys, we shall see this time if its different!!

:hi: so glad to be bumpbuddies again !!

well ladies i went for a very early scan on monday with side pains i was only 4wk 4day ish , they cudnt see anything on the scan but scanned my ovaires and both were enlarged,they were sure it was eptopic ,i was kept in had surgery monday night at 8pm ish to remove it, they cudnt do it thro keyhole surgery cos it was 2big they had to open my c-sec scar open again :cry:

BUT when i came round they said i had an 8cm cyst on my right side and 4cm on my left,both were removed , repeated bloods wednesday and my levels had gone from 907 on monday to 1900 on wed :dance: so im waiting on an early scan at 7wk :happydance::happydance:

me too honey, will be nice to have a familiar face to chat to again!! miss all the july mummies now I am pregnant again!! lol

iknow ! MOST are due very very soon ! :) x

I know hun, but at least we are here now.

here we dont see anyone until 8 weeks and then have a scan at 12 weeks and 20 weeks and that is it until birth unless there are any issues or previous issues!

hey ladies i had my scan. can you remove me from the 20th (?) and pop me in for the 14th lol :woohoo: seen lil teeny baby and heartbeat i am so so happy :) yay feel so relieved now. i only get so many scans coz of all the losses. usually in the uk you only get 2 scans. one at 12weeks ish and one at 20 weeks ish. i had 17 in total with my son lol. im back on the 7th july for another scan just to check everything is progressing as it should. i cant tell you laies how much i was dreading this scan today but now i feel so happy :) yaaaaaay :) xxxx

hey ladies i had my scan. can you remove me from the 20th (?) and pop me in for the 14th lol :woohoo: seen lil teeny baby and heartbeat i am so so happy :) yay feel so relieved now. i only get so many scans coz of all the losses. usually in the uk you only get 2 scans. one at 12weeks ish and one at 20 weeks ish. i had 17 in total with my son lol. im back on the 7th july for another scan just to check everything is progressing as it should. i cant tell you laies how much i was dreading this scan today but now i feel so happy :) yaaaaaay :) xxxx

You worried me then. I read "can you remove me" and thought OH NO :cry: then read on..I'm soo glad everything is ok and hope it stays that way!!:happydance:

Congrats on moving up the 6 days WANTABEAN!!!!:thumbup:

Well done!!! So happy for ya! And now youa re sharing my EDD! :D
i have my first scan July 7th (In US so more scans given here) so my EDD may be changed when I go and have scan depending on beans size etc.
Well done!! Delighted for ya :)

You worried me then. I read "can you remove me" and thought OH NO :cry: then read on..I'm soo glad everything is ok and hope it stays that way!!:happydance:

Me too!!! It was an "oh no...!" into and "oh!!" Lol

I am happy for you Kirstie!! It is great news!! This has been a hard few weeks on you, but now you have all of your proof!! :woohoo:

Today is the first day in a week that I have felt :sick: and it doesn't help that it is so hot and humid here!! I am going to try to stay inside for the rest of the day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->