February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

There are potential links between miscarriage/pre-term labour etc and a LOT of influencing factors, and yes, caution should be taken in all those areas, but, particularly those who haven't been through the process before, probably don't need the added stress of doubting the advice and/or recommendation of their doctor/midwife with regards to ultrasound scans.

To me, that sounds like people shouldn't be introduced to conflicting information (from what their healthcare provider is offering them) in case it makes them nervous.

Just the way I read it. Apologies if I was perceiving it wrong. :flower:

Not really important, but just wanted to clarify why I made that statement. I'm not trying to make this into an argument, but it's starting to feel like a debate and my womb is hurting too much to sit here much longer :haha:

hehehe no,no I don't want a debate either. At all, I'm too tired to possibly win! :haha:.

My point was: People SHOULD question their healthcare professional if they have found conflicting information from another RELIABLE source. Based on research, independent or government funded, whatever, and when things that have been reliably investigated. But I do think the fact "information" is so readily available, just by googling etc, that it's very easy to stumble upon things that are the OPINION of an individual or small group. And this "information" could be on a blog, dodgy website, wherever, but, because of the tendency to believe everything they read, the SOURCE doesn't matter to some people, it's just what's said that counts.

Basically, what I think is this: Feel free to inform yourselves til your poor brains can't take in another word, but please, PLEASE, be informed from the right sources. Just coz google says it, doesn't mean it's true. :lol:

What is the risk of a US versus the risk/health implications associated with increased stress for a mom, who is constantly worried about the baby because she has not been able to see them and know that they are OK?

To me, I'll take what I believe is an *incredibly* low risk for an US.

Ugh been waiting 40 minutes for the dr. I wanna go see my sweet pea!!

So cool to hear all those heartbeat stories. I don't know when we'll get an u/s done. I have a sort of intro appointment at my OBGYN next week, but I don't think that'll be all that interesting.

I'm having the oddest symptoms. I go from very full one day to starving the next. I seem to have insomnia (ugh) and pregnancy-induced tension headaches. No MS yet, though. Not having any stereotypical symptoms makes it harder to believe Baby is really there!

No clue yet if we'll find out the gender of Baby. I assume we will, but we haven't talked about it.

I agree that it's good to question your provider to some extent, but as the daughter of a nurse with a chronic health problem who has seen every type of medical practitioner under the sun, I'm not sure that non-traditional medicine or the other alternatives are any better. They're just as set in their own ways of thinking as your traditional doctors, and of course doctors vary as widely as can be!

Is anyone experiencing contraction-like pains? I had them to start with and thought maybe they were linked to dehydration, but I've been getting them the past 2-3 days, pretty hard (in my back etc). I assume it's just a growth spurt and my womb is being pissy about it, just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing? I literally had to stop and lean on the counter and breathe through this pain yesterday =/ No consistent waves or bleeding, so I'm not worried, but it sure would be nice to know what's causing it! :)

I feel super exhausted ALL the time too, with weak muscles... I didn't feel like this with DD... I hope that doesn't mean it's multiples :rofl:

Yay!! Heartbeat was heard 130! So excited. Baby is also measuring 7 weeks now but he's keeping my due date the same for now. It's good cause inwas bummed last week when i lost a few days according to the scan.
I'm so happy right now!

Yay!! Heartbeat was heard 130! So excited. Baby is also measuring 7 weeks now but he's keeping my due date the same for now. It's good cause inwas bummed last week when i lost a few days according to the scan.
I'm so happy right now!

That's great news!!!!:thumbup:

Yea, I think you can find them on the transvag much, much earlier than you can with an abdominal scan. You can't hear with an abdominal scan, but the transvag scan obviously has the ability to amplify the noise. I was surprised too, because I didn't expect to be able to hear it either :flower:

i had an abdominal scan at 7+4 and heard the heartbeat, it was a private scan and the quality was amazing (heartbeat was 158bpm!)

Morning ladies,

Well my ticker has moved along one now im 6 wks!! 2 more wks till i go to see the midwife, cant wait to get things started and get me a scan date....
LolaAnn ive requested to be added to the biscuit group, but i couldnt find a place to tell you who i am !! So you will get a request from suzanne price with a piccie of a motorbike...
I have been having alot of back ache and tummy ache in the night, but im thinking its because i overdone it in the garden yesterday, it was like a jungle out there!!
So im just chillin out today, with the lil man...
Hope your all well enjoy your day x

Congrats for the scan saphire!
I could hardly eat anything at all yesterday, I ate in the morning and :sick: and then I didn't eat for the rest of the day until bed time and I ate some oatmeal right before bed. I think it is going to be another sick day, I was walking through the room and got the feeling in the back of my throat... I don't like that feeling!! Hopefully it won't be that kinda day today, I don't think I have the energy for another day of that.

I'm so happy right now!

Although your due date is remaining the same for the time being, the 7 weeks measurement means you are right about where I am. :happydance: This is my 2nd so I know that the EDD can change well into the 2nd trim, but I am excited for the moment to see someone else that is "kinda" due on 2/15/12

My appointment with the mw went fantastic, i was in there an hour discussing all mh choices and they explained in depth the care i will recieve which has put my mind at ease, im just waiting for my consultant appointment to come through now..

Today i have felt soooo sick, i just wish it would come up

mumanddad sometimes it feels a lot better to just have it come out!! I was thinking I would have to make myself sick... but then my belly felt better after an hour or so. KMFX that we all get passed this nausea!! <3

I hope it does pass, i was going to makr ny self sick earlier but then felt bad about baby so didnt x

Welcome and congratulations Monalisa30!

So lovely to hear all you ladies that have heard your Valentines' heartbeats! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->