February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

LOL! We will have a baby gettogether! ;D

Ahhh small towns. Both charming and frustrating. I love our new neighborhood because people are friendly and look out for each other but aren't quite in one another's business like hicksville. LOL

Swan, my grandparents live on the opposite side of PA. LOL it is amazing how much many of the ladies on here have things in common.

wow someone closer the UK lol. haha, nothing wrong with UK at all. I am about 2.5 hours from Philly :)

I always feel so much worse in the morning ~ Feel pretty dizzy/weak & sooooo sick :sick:

Prayers and thoughts are with those who have lost their little bean this week. Hope you find comfort with your family & friends during this time :hugs:

Well, today's the last big test! It's my niece's 18th birthday & high school graduation party = a huuuuge family gathering and massive partying. I've already laid the ground work for an ear infection so I have an excuse for no drinking AND no swimming... if I had a swimsuit on in the afternoon there would be NO hiding the news from the family! lol. :haha: Monday afternoon we go for our first "real" ultrasound and if everything's going strong we'll finally tell our siblings and close friends.

I can't wait to stop lying!!! :happydance:

so sorry for your losses, Lola Ann and Laura bella...

Engineer girl- I am sooo like you!!! I'm always lurking around the ladiesroom at work, hoping nobody hears me vomit! most days I have been lucky. I even have a brush toothpaste ,mouthwash kit in my locker these days because I get struck by nausea really bad some days...Hope we all feel better

My husband's grandfather passed away, so he had to go out of town for the funeral. That meant I had to reschedule my first MW appointment and doula interview. I feel bad for being disappointed, but I was really excited. At least they were only moved back one week.

My husband's grandfather passed away, so he had to go out of town for the funeral. That meant I had to reschedule my first MW appointment and doula interview. I feel bad for being disappointed, but I was really excited. At least they were only moved back one week.

:hugs: Sorry for your husbands loss.

What's a Doula? I see it mentioned all over the forum but have no idea.

I'm soo exhausted today, I can't wait until bedtime!!!

A doula is a birthing partner and ante/post natal support for the mother/couple. They can't actually deliver the baby (in UK at least) but they are there at birth to support the mother and ensure they are having a positive experience as close to the birthplan as possible.

https://doula.org.uk/

I'm a Doula and a child birth educator :D

A doula is a supportor for the mother during labor and birth. She helps the mother make informed decisions as well as helping to alleviate some of the pain. She support a the mother mentally, emotionally, and physically. She is her advocate (but mom ALWAYS makes her choice-NOT the Doula. The Doula simply provides the information she needs to mKe that decision). A Doula is usually trained (but doesn't have to be). She Is very knowledgable of labor and delivery as well as coping techniques. A Doula can be used for those who go unmedicated and those who chose a medicated birth. Doulas can also attended planned (and emergency) c-sections to make sure the parents wishes are fulfilled if possible.

That is a birth Doula.
There are also postpartum doulas (which is entirely different) and they basically help the mother during the transition time at home with the new baby

Guppy's explanation is much more refined than my stuttering mess. :rofl: :thumbup:

:rofl:

If it wasn't I'd be one bad Doula :haha:

Doulas are especially important in a U.S.hospital birth bc it's gotten so bad. Sigh

Good morning and Happy Saturday, ladies!

Party last night pretty much just pissed me off. Most of our friends have little kids. I love little kids. But I don't love parents so much, lol. When I was little I was taught not to touch anything that did not belong to me. And if we went to someone else's house, I knew to sit and read or color or whatever. I have 2 friends who have taught their children that, and parent in my home. But my sister in law is NOT like that. And neither is this other girl who was here. My SIL already has issues with my house. It pisses her off that my house isn't child friendly (I don't have children...hello! My house can be however I want!!!) and I don't want her kids throwing my stuff around! So her kids and this other chicks kids just sent me over the edge. And Dh was no help. He was outside the WHOLE time with the men. The kids did spend a good amount of time outside because I laid down the law and refused to let them run around inside. But they didn't spend Enough time outside. Dh was like, "It's not that bad". I wanted to strangle him!!! It's not that bad for HIM! Lol He was the one outside who only had to make sure they stayed within site. *I* was the one who had to deal with them inside and couldn't even drink to keep my sanity!! ARGH!!

Would be fine...except it's all going to happen again on Sunday. *sigh* All I ask is that people respect my house. I don't understand why that's so hard!!!

Anyways...rant over. Today should be nice. I'm going to the airport with Dh since he has to do some ground work (he's getting his pilots license). Then we'll go to the gym and then hopefully to finally see Transformers 3!! Should be a good afternoon!!

Good morning and Happy Saturday, ladies!

Party last night pretty much just pissed me off. Most of our friends have little kids. I love little kids. But I don't love parents so much, lol. When I was little I was taught not to touch anything that did not belong to me. And if we went to someone else's house, I knew to sit and read or color or whatever. I have 2 friends who have taught their children that, and parent in my home. But my sister in law is NOT like that. And neither is this other girl who was here. My SIL already has issues with my house. It pisses her off that my house isn't child friendly (I don't have children...hello! My house can be however I want!!!) and I don't want her kids throwing my stuff around! So her kids and this other chicks kids just sent me over the edge. And Dh was no help. He was outside the WHOLE time with the men. The kids did spend a good amount of time outside because I laid down the law and refused to let them run around inside. But they didn't spend Enough time outside. Dh was like, "It's not that bad". I wanted to strangle him!!! It's not that bad for HIM! Lol He was the one outside who only had to make sure they stayed within site. *I* was the one who had to deal with them inside and couldn't even drink to keep my sanity!! ARGH!!

Would be fine...except it's all going to happen again on Sunday. *sigh* All I ask is that people respect my house. I don't understand why that's so hard!!!

Anyways...rant over. Today should be nice. I'm going to the airport with Dh since he has to do some ground work (he's getting his pilots license). Then we'll go to the gym and then hopefully to finally see Transformers 3!! Should be a good afternoon!!

I'm sorry that your evening was so bad!! I agree that parents should tell their kids how to act in other peoples houses! It might be harder with younger children, but when they are about 3-4 they can understand what they aren't supposed to touch if they are told not to! And besides, you have a while until your house needs to be child proofed! My house is not 100% child proof, but that is because my kids know what they are not to touch. I keep the chemicals and harmful things out of their reach, but my candles and glass things stay where they were.... they know that if they touch them they will get time out or a spoon to their tooties! :haha: DS1 knows that he has to ask permission from the person/people who own the house before he touches anything or goes in a room, DS2 is still young to understand the don't touch, but he will do whatever his brother does, so it is easier for him!!

I hope that tomorrow is not as bad for you!! :hugs:

:blush: Can I blame baby brain yet?

YES you can!!!

I nearly walked away from my debit card in the shop today, It was only because the guy noticed and called me back that I managed to grab it before leaving the shop. I blame the baby brain because I would never usually do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->