February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ok so i need some help. I have a UTI and it is VERY mild. I had no idea i even had it until my Dr. did a routine Urinaylsis. I figure that i have actually had it since i conceived because that it when my urine started going a different colour. But again, i have had no other syptoms other then darker urine (it also has a little bit of a different smell to it.)

My worry is he gave me ABX. to take and i am just SO nervious in taking them, i know it can get into my kidneys and become worse and then i would have a bigger problem on my hands but i am just so scared about taking them. I have had this for so long now and have had no problems. Do you think there is any other was to get rid of it without ABX.? I know everyone is going to tell me no.... but then i just need reasurance it will be ok. I work in the medical field and work with ABX everyday (in animals thou) and i know and understand it is best to take them but we are still really cautious with giving ABX. to a patient that is pregnant.

Hey
Not sure I can give any advice but didn't want to read and run.
I've had a couple of UTIs in the past year and I didn't know what it was at first and I didn't have many symptoms but it soon changed, literally overnight to being extremely painful to go to the toilet. I would personally take what your Dr has given you. As long as he knows you're pregnant and thinks it's safe I would do what he says.

Just my opinion though.
Hope it clears up soon!

Ive had many UTIs,both pregnant and not pregnant. Basically you need the antibiotic no matter how mild bc it will just get worse without it. Anyways, there are certain antibiotics that IS allowed during pregnancy and is okay to take. I had to take it a lot when I was pregnant w my son and he turned out just fine :D just make sure your doctor knows you're pregnant that way he gives you a safe one :)

There are preventative things you can take like real authentic cranberry, probiotics, like yogurt, etc BUT that will not rid you of the infection,it just helps prevent. You still need the antibiotic. However, take your antibiotic and eat thing like cranberry and yogurt BECAUSE the antibiotic kills ALL bacteria. That's good to get rid of the bad bacteria but bad. Bc it also gets rid of the good bacteria which helps fight/prevent infection:dohh: so make sure you up ur probiotics while taking you antibiotic, and then just stick with the yogurt and whatnot to help prevent a future UTI. UTIs are very common in pregnancy. Also, cranberry juice is fine but MAKE SURE it's organic REAL low/non sugar cranberry juice. do NOT drink the cranberry cocktail stuff! The sugars will just help the bad bacteria multiple. So organic is fine :D hope you feel better soon! They are certainly no fun :nope:

Ive just finished a course of antibiotics for a UTI ~ My Doctor said they were fine to take in pregnancy (amoxicillin)

As long as your Doctor knows your pregnant, im sure he would have prescribed a safe medicine :hugs:

:blush: Can I blame baby brain yet?

YES you can!!!

I nearly walked away from my debit card in the shop today, It was only because the guy noticed and called me back that I managed to grab it before leaving the shop. I blame the baby brain because I would never usually do that.

Typed in first 3 digits of my pin code when paying in a shop yesterday, then stood looking at the machine with no idea what the final digit was :blush: was very embarassing.

Think my symptoms are changing as the nausea and acne has really decreased but baby brain is swinging into action and woke up by leg cramp last night for first time. so unimpressed, wasn't expecting it so soon. Have started some pregnancy yoga from a book I bought couple of weeks ago hopefully that will reduce them.

Also it's official I now own and will be wearing materntity trousers for work, so comfy didn't want to take them off in changing room! with a long top they just look like normal trousers so should help keep my secret for next 2 weeks when I can tell work.

Scan in 5 days have now started counting the hours to go, am a think i'm a bit overexcited!! :happydance:

Scan in 5 days have now started counting the hours to go, am a think i'm a bit overexcited!! :happydance:

Not at all ~ It is really really exciting :wohoo:

I was thinking of getting a countdown ticker for my scan date ~ But then thought that may make it seem longer away iykwim? :dohh:

I was thinking of getting a countdown ticker for my scan date ~ But then thought that may make it seem longer away iykwim? :dohh:

How long till yours? I have a ticker in my head all the time so wouldnt need one here!

Think my symptoms are changing as the nausea and acne has really decreased but baby brain is swinging into action and woke up by leg cramp last night for first time. so unimpressed, wasn't expecting it so soon. Have started some pregnancy yoga from a book I bought couple of weeks ago hopefully that will reduce them.

Increase your potassium intake ( like eating oranges and bananas). That will DEF help! Also when that happens flex your foot so that your toes are pointing towards you knee. Hope they leave you alone :hugs:

Increase your potassium intake ( like eating oranges and bananas). That will DEF help! Also when that happens flex your foot so that your toes are pointing towards you knee. Hope they leave you alone :hugs:

Will do, thanks. It happened when I flexed my foot from being pointed! Don't mind too much as new symptoms are always half annoying but half reassuring that things are going well:wacko:

Will do, thanks. It happened when I flexed my foot from being pointed! Don't mind too much as new symptoms are always half annoying but half reassuring that things are going well:wacko:
Never never point your foot when you are pregnant. I don't know why but that can cause a lot of Charlie horses and whatnot. If you do anything with it only point your toes to the sky :thumbup: pointing them towards the sky/knee will help take it away

I am sorry for the problems some of you are having! Kinda makes me feel bad for complaining about my AC being broken..... My DH says i would never be able to live in Honduras, since many of the house don't have AC.... but it is also not as hot there!!

I have been sore since my exam on Wednesday... I have never been this sore after an exam...

Thanks girls!!! I know it is better for me to take them i just needed to hear that i was not the only one and that others have taken them while pregnant and been fine. I am unfortunately allergic to penicillin therefore he gave me Macrobid. I heard it is fine as long as it is not taken in the last month of pregnancy . I just want to make sure it is not going to harm the baby at all. I don't think i would be able to live with myself if i caused a miscarriage or some other problem by taking them.

I was placed on macro bid as well. It is important that your doc find out what type of bad bacteria it is because different bacteria respond differently to antibiotics (some won't work). With that said, macro bid is usually good for most all. I was on that a lot and everything is okay :)

I was placed on macro bid as well. It is important that your doc find out what type of bad bacteria it is because different bacteria respond differently to antibiotics (some won't work). With that said, macro bid is usually good for most all. I was on that a lot and everything is okay :)

OMG thank you so much, you don't know how much better i feel hearing that from you!! They did a culture and it was sensitive to it. I said i would not take any ABX without a culture done first, i needed to know that it would work forsure i and i wasn't just given just anything and that this bacteria was sensitive to it.

Good morning and Happy Saturday, ladies!

Party last night pretty much just pissed me off. Most of our friends have little kids. I love little kids. But I don't love parents so much, lol. When I was little I was taught not to touch anything that did not belong to me. And if we went to someone else's house, I knew to sit and read or color or whatever. I have 2 friends who have taught their children that, and parent in my home. But my sister in law is NOT like that. And neither is this other girl who was here. My SIL already has issues with my house. It pisses her off that my house isn't child friendly (I don't have children...hello! My house can be however I want!!!) and I don't want her kids throwing my stuff around! So her kids and this other chicks kids just sent me over the edge. And Dh was no help. He was outside the WHOLE time with the men. The kids did spend a good amount of time outside because I laid down the law and refused to let them run around inside. But they didn't spend Enough time outside. Dh was like, "It's not that bad". I wanted to strangle him!!! It's not that bad for HIM! Lol He was the one outside who only had to make sure they stayed within site. *I* was the one who had to deal with them inside and couldn't even drink to keep my sanity!! ARGH!!

Would be fine...except it's all going to happen again on Sunday. *sigh* All I ask is that people respect my house. I don't understand why that's so hard!!!

Anyways...rant over. Today should be nice. I'm going to the airport with Dh since he has to do some ground work (he's getting his pilots license). Then we'll go to the gym and then hopefully to finally see Transformers 3!! Should be a good afternoon!!

I'm sorry that your evening was so bad!! I agree that parents should tell their kids how to act in other peoples houses! It might be harder with younger children, but when they are about 3-4 they can understand what they aren't supposed to touch if they are told not to! And besides, you have a while until your house needs to be child proofed! My house is not 100% child proof, but that is because my kids know what they are not to touch. I keep the chemicals and harmful things out of their reach, but my candles and glass things stay where they were.... they know that if they touch them they will get time out or a spoon to their tooties! :haha: DS1 knows that he has to ask permission from the person/people who own the house before he touches anything or goes in a room, DS2 is still young to understand the don't touch, but he will do whatever his brother does, so it is easier for him!!

I hope that tomorrow is not as bad for you!! :hugs:

Thank you!!! That's how my mom brought my sister and I up! She didn't child proof her house (other than the things like chemicals, of course). She kept it decorated how she wanted it decorated - and she taught us not to mess with stuff. Especially other peoples things. Just drives me crazy when parents SEE their kids messing with something breakable and think it's "cute". It's not cute. I Will make you pay for that! Lol

Ok so i need some help. I have a UTI and it is VERY mild. I had no idea i even had it until my Dr. did a routine Urinaylsis. I figure that i have actually had it since i conceived because that it when my urine started going a different colour. But again, i have had no other syptoms other then darker urine (it also has a little bit of a different smell to it.)

My worry is he gave me ABX. to take and i am just SO nervious in taking them, i know it can get into my kidneys and become worse and then i would have a bigger problem on my hands but i am just so scared about taking them. I have had this for so long now and have had no problems. Do you think there is any other was to get rid of it without ABX.? I know everyone is going to tell me no.... but then i just need reasurance it will be ok. I work in the medical field and work with ABX everyday (in animals thou) and i know and understand it is best to take them but we are still really cautious with giving ABX. to a patient that is pregnant.

If it's Very mild you could start with downing a ton of cranberry juice. It's high in sugar but works for me if I catch a UTI when it's JUST starting (ie: not bad at all yet). If I wait, I HAVE to take the meds or it's just horrible. Good luck!!! UTIs are not fun when you can feel them!

Fell asleep early last night, slept late, and man I still feel tired. I was napping and then hubby started yelling because Cliff Lee hit a home run and I was like "dude, seriously, shut up. I'm tired." But couldn't fall asleep after that (he's lucky Lee's my favorite player or I'd have kicked his bum :haha:) so I'm just sitting here, staring off into space. Mentally not with it today.

Making a grocery list, and almost everything is stuff I want and crave. Nutella, peanut butter, crisps, etc. LOL. Should probably take off the crisps. I don't need any more freakin' fat and fried jazz. Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->