February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hey Ladies!
I booked a private scan today. . . i go on Saturday at 10.30am, im so nervous but excited!
I was going to wait until my free 12 week scan but I found a clinic 20 miles away that does early scans for £25, bargain!
Hope everyone is well x

Just finished drinking the water in preparation for my scan in just over an hour! Not sure if it's a US thing, but having a full bladder for the internal scan is a bigger pain than I thought... I feel like I'm going to float away!!! Will allllll be worth it to finally see our LO! :happydance:

Agreed with other posters that my MS is getting worse. Gagged on my toothbrush for the first time this morning and was on my back all day yesterday with nausea and dizziness. Hopefully those are just all strong indicators that the babe is going strong. Can't wait to see the heartbeat!!

Thats a great price cheapst i have found is £99but then that is in kiddicare peterborough

Hey Ladies!
I booked a private scan today. . . i go on Saturday at 10.30am, im so nervous but excited!
I was going to wait until my free 12 week scan but I found a clinic 20 miles away that does early scans for £25, bargain!
Hope everyone is well x

Hi Ladies!!

:hugs: upon :hugs: for all the ladies who had a bean that didn't quite stick. And to the ladies sturggling with the M/S.

SWAN & KellyC - I am excited for the 12 wk scan at the end of the month. It is the day we leave to drive to my family reunion!!! The DW has been doing great now that the doc eased her so, she needed this last appt more than I did.

LILROJO - YAAY! For your scan!!

JUNEBUGS - I agree with JILLY, if your doc knows you are pregnant, I think it is safe to take the meds. I had a UTI in the 2nd trim with my daughter and I had to take meds for like 10 days. Untreated, UTI's pose a problem for you which ultimately poses an issue for your baby.

SPARKLEZ - GL at your scan on thur!!! TIGER - GL at your Wed Scan!! I cannot wait to see pics!! GL at your scan as well DIANA, but I wanted to mention, I had a dating scan done at 6 wks, and they had me empty my bladder when I arrived, but it was a Transvag sono....

JOKERETTE - I don't have the BELLABAND, I got something completly identical, it's called the BEBAND (bought at Target) I got it at 6 wks, it is AWESOME!! I wear it almost everyday!! Ladies, invest asap!

As for how I am feeling today, I am updating my Journal currently, but, I have to say, I am like the other ladies, it seems some things are getting worse. I have not vommited, but have definitely been nauseated (MS) and for the past 3 days, I have had a headache on and off. I have taken tylenol but, it comes back with a few hours. i am wondering if it is froma lack of something. I never really get heaches, typically only when I haven't had meat. Possibly my issue because I am currently only eating meat one time a week, like once that day. Otehrwise I am eating veggies only, not even alot of carbs. hmmm....

I've def spoke to early....before work, my MS returned and I had my head in the toilet until I was forced to leave since I had an 9am client. The smell of my husband's cologne almost had me running back into the bathroom, then to make matters worse, one of my coworkers must have sprayed 100 squirts on himself today. I walked into my office and could hardly stand it! He is now gone and the scent is STILL lingering! At least my energy is still better than what it was!

A question for you ladies that have had scans...why do you drink a lot of water to have a full bladder before the scan? I am curious as if I should be doing this when I have my first scan next week! Thanks!

Thanks guys!! I'm really happy!! Excited, nervous, lol. It's not till 330 here (it's only 1043am now) so it'll be a while before I have an update on that, but I'll be sure to give you one!

ooooooh i cant wait to see your scan!!! :)

Me too, LOL!! I need to post my one from 2 weeks ago, too. I had to wait until ink arrived for my printer so I could print all my Picture a Day pics. Now I just need to print the last few days and upload everything! Well, this evening.

Hello ladies hope your all ok

i have just got back from a n e i had horrendus cramps i was doubled over.

I was in there 5 hours had 6 lots of blood taken to find out i have a gastro bug :(

They wouldnt scan me but are they have told me baby is still there and will be fine x

Glad your little bean is ok! Are you from Peterborough UK? if so you're near me! I'm going to be using the new maternity unit at Peterborough hospital.

Seems like a few of us have scan dates coming up at the end of July and start of Aug - yay!

JohnsPrincess - I completely know what you mean about people respecting your property. I had a BBQ a few weeks back and was horrified at what was happening to my stuff! Made me question my readiness to have kids. I so need to care less about my stuff I think :/

Lol! I don't think it makes me question my readiness to have kids. I was brought up So differently than it seems a lot of kids are these days. And I'll bring up my kids the same way! And, nah, you don't need to care less about your stuff! People should respect your home!! Someone actually told me that I should put away some things before children come over here. I told them that making my house "that sort" of child friendly would be impossible and that they need to watch their children and teach them not to touch things that don't belong to them! (and I don't mean stuff all over the floor, hahaha, my house is clean! But I have decorative pillows that I don't want children throwing around or sticking in their mouths and I have nick knacks from my travels).

I've def spoke to early....before work, my MS returned and I had my head in the toilet until I was forced to leave since I had an 9am client. The smell of my husband's cologne almost had me running back into the bathroom, then to make matters worse, one of my coworkers must have sprayed 100 squirts on himself today. I walked into my office and could hardly stand it! He is now gone and the scent is STILL lingering! At least my energy is still better than what it was!

A question for you ladies that have had scans...why do you drink a lot of water to have a full bladder before the scan? I am curious as if I should be doing this when I have my first scan next week! Thanks!

They make me give a urine sample before my scans, so technically I don't think I'm supposed to have a full bladder for the internal one. However, I usually do. I drink so much so that I can pee in the cup easily that by the time (5-10 min) they do the scan, my bladder is full again!! Lol Anyways, they should tell you! Drink before you go just in case either they want a urine sample or they want you to have a full bladder. If they don't mention it, ask them if you should empty your bladder before they begin.

The drinking water thing is supposed to help them get a clearer image of the baby, from what I understand. But I had no full bladder at the ER and we saw the baby fine. I think it varies doctor-to-doctor if you need a full bladder or not; some women I know had to get their u/s with a full bladder (and try not to pee all over!) and others were allowed to empty theirs.

They didn't tell me one way or the other - yet - for my 12 week. So hm. LOL

Oh and according to my doctor, I'm actually due the 7th now. But you don't need to necessarily worry about changing it yet if you don't want to, since I'm curious to see what the scan at 12 weeks says. XD I just keep changing my tickers to match the doctor in the meantime.

Thats a great price cheapst i have found is £99but then that is in kiddicare peterborough

Thats a Babybond scanning dept :thumbup:

If this is your 12 week scan ~ They say have a full bladder, to push the uterus up, so they can get a better view :baby:

The drinking water thing is supposed to help them get a clearer image of the baby, from what I understand. But I had no full bladder at the ER and we saw the baby fine. I think it varies doctor-to-doctor if you need a full bladder or not; some women I know had to get their u/s with a full bladder (and try not to pee all over!) and others were allowed to empty theirs.

They didn't tell me one way or the other - yet - for my 12 week. So hm. LOL

Now you have the same due date as me!! :), although i think i will most likely change too, on my last scan they put me 2 days ahead.

WOW, so today is VERY hot and i had to drive to work in my car that the air conditioning broke in!! NOT A GOOD IDEA!! i nerly fainted getting out of the car and it took me about 30mins of being inside to stop feeling so dizzy!

The water almost killed me! By the time I got to the appointment I looked at the US tech quite sincerely and said "I think I'm going to pee on you". LOL. :dohh: She let me empty out about a cup's worth of liquid and then we did half the ultrasound... then she let me empty my bladder and she did all the measurements. It ended up being an external belly scan, so I'm not sure if that's the reason for the water. She just said the water helps see the baby better when she's looking around.

A GREAT visit! 173 hb, according to the tech everything looked "exactly" as she would want it to, and the doctor said we're down to less than 1% chance of MC so we can finally tell people! I'm so excited to call my family!! :happydance:

LOL! Junebugs, it's annoying isn't it? I feel like everytime I'm there, they shift me a day or two in one direction or another. LOL. Though I cannot complain about moving up from 11 to 7. The earlier they think I'm due, the more ready I'll be to say, "LETS GET THIS BABY OUTTA HERE!" xD

The water almost killed me! By the time I got to the appointment I looked at the US tech quite sincerely and said "I think I'm going to pee on you". LOL. :dohh: She let me empty out about a cup's worth of liquid and then we did half the ultrasound... then she let me empty my bladder and she did all the measurements. It ended up being an external belly scan, so I'm not sure if that's the reason for the water. She just said the water helps see the baby better when she's looking around.

A GREAT visit! 173 hb, according to the tech everything looked "exactly" as she would want it to, and the doctor said we're down to less than 1% chance of MC so we can finally tell people! I'm so excited to call my family!! :happydance:

YAY!!!! That's so great!!!!

LOL! Junebugs, it's annoying isn't it? I feel like everytime I'm there, they shift me a day or two in one direction or another. LOL. Though I cannot complain about moving up from 11 to 7. The earlier they think I'm due, the more ready I'll be to say, "LETS GET THIS BABY OUTTA HERE!" xD

Ya i know! That is why i just kept my ticker the same and didn't change my date yet because i am sure it will just change again... lol

KJCONRAD - The FIRST appt is different for everyone. If your first appt, is a 12 wk scan, they don't do Transvag (inside) so you need a full bladder to lift the proper internal items and see the baby clearly. If the 1st scan is early on (some do 6/7-9 wks) they don't typically do the belly scan because it is still so tiny and you need to empy the baldder to "insert" the scanner... It all depends on how far you are and what your doc feels is the best for you particularly.

DIANA - what an AWESOME scan/appt!!! That HB is tell-tale... GIRLS typically have a HB over 160bpm, hmmm? Early determine...??

Hello ladies! I really don't know how I've missed this thread!
Please can I join you all? :)
My names Kirsty and baby is due on 14th Feb....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->