Feeding habits.

What foods do you define as a 'treat' at the moment baby biscuits, organix snacks, apple crisps - if he wants it he'll get a lick of whatever I have that's a treat like ice cream, chocolate just to try
How often do you give them. as something after dinner, i'll give him a yogurt as a pudding sometimes too. and if we're out and he gets fractious i'll normally have something in my bag to give him
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? yes
Do you ever give ready meals? there are some organix ready toddler meals in the cupboard which I use if I want a night off or we've run out of cooking ingredients. there are like no chunky meals for babies at all!
What did your child eat today? For breakfast he had some Oatabix, he doesn't really have lunch at the moment as he gets up quite late. For dinner I made some Saag Paneer and he had it with some Chippati bread. He's also had some watermelon slices.

What foods do you define as a 'treat'
Organic animal cookies
Graham crackers
(she's only had a cookie twice and a cupcake on her birthday, we're not big on sweets)
Fruit juice popsicles

How often do you give them?
Maybe a couple times a week seeing as they aren't too unhealthy

Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day?
Every meal, we've homecooked for her most of her life. But especially since she eats solids, she eats what we eat :)

Do you ever give ready meals?
No, I haven't since she was like 7 months.

What did your child eat today?
B-Organic plum
Whole wheat cheerio type cereal
L-Roast beef with carrots, potatoes, and rice
D-Slice of whole wheat bread
Corn
Green beans

She's only had water today. She gets apple juice but its 100% not from concentrate and the sippy is 75% water 25% juice, about 3 times a week because she gets constipated easily. Seeing as she's allergic to barley and that is in pretty much everything that isn't whole wheat that pretty much forces us to eat healthier bread, pasta, crackers, ect.

Graham crackers, juice, frozen yogurt

Maybe once a week

Every meal, we're just getting a hang of diabetic friendly foods so I don't trust myself to count right at a restaurant, plus I like to cook.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with a tiny bit of cheese and 75% water/25% juice
Lunch: carrots, cucumbers, a dish of applesauce since her sugars were low and a cup of milk.
Dinner: currently I'm cooking some stir-fried tofu with shaved carrots and leaks and some cornbread. She'll probably have water with dinner.

What foods do you define as a 'treat': Like cookies, candy, chocolate, anything yummy :D
How often do you give them: Probably once a week or so, maybe more. He loves chocolate.
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day: Yes! Usually all three meals are home cooked.
Do you ever give ready meals? Yes, sometimes, not a lot though. Maybe once a week.
What did your child eat today? I'm not sure, he's been with OH all day!

Oh, and another question, when did you start giving juice?
Why did you start giving it?

Max has juice as a treat.
Oh and we started cause OHs mum gave him a bit :dohh:
He only gets it once a month.

What foods do you define as a 'treat'?
Hm. Sweets really.

Rarely. She had cake on her birthday party and birthday and that's it.

Do you give a home cooked meal at least once a day?
Yes.

Yes. I buy these which are good for her and cheaper than making the entire meal itself. But usually she eats what we eat which is healthy.

Lunch - Mashed potatoes.
Dinner - Chicken and vegetable ravioli.

When did you start giving juice?
A few weeks ago. It's still pretty rare she gets it. She prefers water and milk.

I started getting juice on my WIC vouchers so every few days she will have a small cup of juice. Either apple or orange juice w/ vitamins and calcium. Usually 3/4oz or less.

I am trying so hard to have Tori eat at healthy as possible. As she gets older, they'll be the occasional treat but I would love for her to have a good moderation in food groups, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, etc. She loves them all now so I'm hoping it'll continue on!

I gave Aliyah juice just to treat her really.
Shes had it no more than 10 times though. Rarely buy it. She loves her water

i gave tyler extra extra weak juice to get him use to water he hardly ever has juice and if so just the tiniest bit to flavour the water

I tried giving it around 6 months because he wouldn't take just plain water but he was never interested. At 12 months I regularly gave him juice. Now he has around 1 or 2 juice a day!

I've just started giving Arianna about 4oz of juice a day, tmi but her poops have always been like little pebbles so I give her some juice to help.

Never, he drinks water fine so i don't see the need. FOB's mum always tries to give him it, its gross its that 'no added sugar' (aka chemicals :dohh:) Robinsons and she dilutes it like 50/50 :sick: He doesn't like it, get the hint woman!!! I always give her his cup of water and she still insists on giving him that?! WTF

My mother is still confused to why Nathaniel doesn't have juice...
He has been offered it once, however isn't fussed. If it isn't milk he doesn't want to know at the moment.

What foods do you define as a 'treat' - Chocolate buttons, crisps etc
How often do you give them - Probably once a week
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? Yes but only because they are at the childminders and she makes everything from scratch....we are in the process of having our kitchen done up at the minute and i'm STILL waiting for my cooker/hob to be connected (hopefully this weekend!) so we haven't really got a choice to make home made meals, unless its something we can bung straight in the slow cooker.
Do you ever give ready meals? Occasionally. maybe twice a month
What did your child eat today? Well i'm at work today so I don't know lol.... so will do yesterdays.

Breakfast: Coco pops with milk and half a piece of toast
Dinner: Heinz number spaghetti shapes with toast
Tea: Jacket potato with minced beef in gravy (tinned)
Snacks: Digestive biscuit and a couple of milky stars each

Laila's just gone through a stage of being soo, so fussy and it is frustrating but I honestly let her get on with it and she's now completely grown out of it, I couldn't believe it. These past couple of months she's eaten sooo well so hopefully Ava will do the same, :hugs:

What foods do you define as a 'treat' - She doesn't have chocolate or sweets. But she's allowed a biscuit as a treat or sometimes she has jelly or custard for pudding.

How often do you give them. - Not that often at all.

Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? - Most the time yes but that's because she eats what we eat so if I'm cooking for us, she has it.

Do you ever give ready meals? - No because she won't eat them :lol: see, fussy!

What did your child eat today? I'll do yesterday as she's only had breakfast today atm.
Breakfast - Weetabix
Dinner - Jam sandwich, little sausages, organix crisps, smoothie + yoghurt.
Tea - Chicken, roast potatoes, cabbage, broccoli and yorkshire pud.

Oh and I started giving water at 6 months when she started BLW. But she still also has a drink of milk at nap time and a drink of milk at bedtime even now.

Summer's eating is a bit of a joke atm so just now it's a case of her eating whatever I can get into her. Since she had hand, foot and mouth disease about a month or go she just hasn't got back into her food again. One day she eats great then the next day nearly nothing!

None atm. I hate saying ''you can have this but only as a treat'' and I don't think it's a good road to go down having certain foods defined as treats, at least while she's so young

How often do you give them.

I guess in terms of what would ''typically'' be defined at treats (crisps, chocolates etc) then maybe three times a week? Thankfully she'd rather eat fruit than the above and any sweet she starts she never really finishes it. If we're eating then she'll ask for a bit which she gets but in general she's not too fussed.

Generally yeah. I tend to cook most nights from scratch :)

I give her tins of ASDA great stuff sometimes if we've been out all day and she's tired and I know she probably won't eat tea.

A typical day would be :
B - Weetabix or Coco Pops. Yougurt. Pear
L- Some kinda sandwich, often tuna and sweetcorn or ham and cheese. Melon
D - Something like spag bol, steak pie, pastas etc. Homecooked with lots of veg. Yougurt, fruit

Couldn't do it based on today cause I'm not well and my OH's been out with her most of the day :)

As for juice she gets offered her beaker at each meal and throughout the day. I'd say it's like less than a tenth juice and 9/10s water though.

Can't really remember when I started giving water, but anyway he refused it. So my Mum got his some of that baby juice, that is like mineral water with a hint of apple, or something. And he took that a lot better, because he just refused to drink anything during the day. He would take a couple oz. Now he has got used to the sippy cup he has water quite often. He has had diluting juice once or twice at my friends cause she has given him it. At Mothers and Toddlers they do it 50/50 water and diluting juice - it would be too strong for even me - so I don't give it to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->