feel tight

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
i have 2 dogs demo and stella ive had demo from being little and spent all the time training him and hes a brill dog..... but stella was given to me and she has sooo many bad habits ie wont go out side in the cold wet or snow and so wees in my kitchen she is a scavenger for food and she is fed twice a day meat and complete biscuits she doesnt have worms i wormed her but its annoying cause she will take food from lillys hand demo wont ever do that.... also she doesnt like to be by her self and when she is she crys an then chews little things up what ever she find...... i really dont have the time for her cause she makes me mad when she doesnt summert bad and so i am going to get rid of her but i feel bad cause i shouldnt have taken her and now she has been with her 1st owner me and now another do you think i am awful

Not awful but I'm fed up of people taking on dogs they can't handle or don't want. These poor dogs get handed from one person to another and people wonder why they misbehave?
Why don't you take her to a training class? I think you should try and work through her problems with her rather than palming her off onto someone else who will probably end up giving her away too and it'll be a never ending cycle.

No advce hun as I had dogs when I was little but mum did all the traning etc

Hope you get her sorted and she can stay :hugs:
xx

i dont no what do with her to be honest i feel tight cause she looks at me sad all the time but i dont have the time for her i cant walk her often because she pulls hard and i have lilly all the time and she chews her lead and basically still acts like a pup she was made the baby of her last home and was fed there food at there meal times which took me ages to get her out of and eating her own food and she takes food off of my little girl and not nicely so thats an issue its ok putting her in the kitchen but she crys loudly and chews something up so i started to put her outside and she is a good jumper and jumped my fence which pretty high my other dog cant get out any ways and they are the same size dogs she got hit by a car on my street cause she got out and i didnt no and now i cant leave her in the garden without watching her she is like another child and thats too much when i ahve 3 step ones lilly and one on the way

i COMPLETELY understand how you feel!!! And ya know whats even funnier?!?! My dogs name is stella too! Don't feel bad hun... i know you love her and want a good home for her. But maybe your home just isnt the right home for her right now. That is the situation we are in. I love my stella to death but at this point in our lives this is not the right home for her. What we are doing is just trying to find someone we know that we trust to take care of her. And i get what Blah11 is saying..... but sometimes you have no choice but to give the dog away. I know its a hard decision but just think of what is best for your family and stella right now. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I don't know much about dogs, so no useful advice here.... However, I did have 4 cats at one point. One got put down, and when he went, the other one went off the rails and stared peeding on my cooker and pooing on the work top despite having previously being perfectly behaved.

I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked to stop her, and it was when I had just started weaning DS1, so in the end I made the decision to get her rehomed.

It wasn't a decision I took lightly, and I tried every method known to man (and cat!) before I did it!

As I said, I don't know much about dogs, so I can't really advise you what to try, but if you feel you have tried everything within your ability then perhaps it is time to rehome her? Maybe she would be better as a lone dog rather than with another dog?

Good luck, hope you either sort her out or find her a happy new home :)

thanks guys.... i guy i no has offered to take her 2morrow i said yes but i keep looking at her and i feel so bad so i have sent him a message telling him i will be making a mistake letting her go and i am gonna have to sort her out..... i dont think it will be good for my other dog either basically i weighed up the goood and the bad with her

bad
so she pulls really hard
shes wees in the kitchen (now and again)
she is a bit of a scrounger and takes food from lilly

good

she is very loving
she likes where she lives i think lol
she is a brill guard dog
she is very clever
shes playful
good with lilly when she isnt taking her food

so the good weighed out the bad the probs i have with her can be fixed it just seems like ive tryed and nothing has worked... she gets out of the garden i will have to make the fence higher.... she wees in the kitchen i will have to make her stop some how
she chews when she is board i will have to get her more bones
im gonna have to get a proper dog training book and have a go.... i know she can be a good dog but we need to work on it thanks for the replys

For the pulling, go to your local pets at home or petshop and ask for a halti! I have a staff who is really strong and pulled all the time. The halti works and has stopped all the pulling, it's a godsend :)

my other staff has a harness and he is brill ive never had no problems with him but just unable to afford her a harness just yet lol will do as soon as

any way on a good note she went out last night i made her lol and she hasnt done any naughty stuff in my kitchen this morning and the lad who was going to take her was understanding and said no worries we are going to establish routine with her lol xx

staffs are bloody hard work, you need to let her know that you are the master, sounds silly but keep her at floor level, dont let her get on any of the furniture as she will think she is an equal to you and shes not she a pet, with a staff its a power struggle until they realise who is boss and then theyre the greatest dogs ever, im glad youve decided to persevere with her
i am ma member of a staffy forim and the members there are brilliant at giving advice especially tailored around bull breed dogs, not sure if im allowed to post the link here but if you pm me ill give you the address

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->