feelin sad!!

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
:cry::cry:
Ive wanted to have 3D scan of little man but hubby thinks its a waiste of time and money :cry::cry: i know i sound pathetic but i know this is the only baby we will have because he wants the snip and he doesnt want anymore children. This will be our first proper child together.

I will be the one paying for little mans scan as like i say hubby has no interest he also says he wouldnt want to go with the scan if i had it. So i woulld go on my own.

He thinks im thinking of myself well kinda i am because i know we will never have anymore kids and i want to make the most of this child as possible i know what i mean.

Does this mean im thinking of myself or is hubby really not being nice to me today. He has a short fuse!! :(
xxx

i dont think he's being very fair tbh. i say go for it! its something thats important to you. the babys such a big part of your life already its normal to want to be able see him. i also think its something that will be really nice to show him when he's older. even if this wasnt your last baby there is nothing wrong with wanting to make the most of it.

Pfftt, honey if you want the scan go for it. Take a girlfriend or family member to make it more exciting. If DH doesn't want to be a part of it, then it's his loss. I don't think he's being fair either. Men sometimes don't attach as quickly as we do - because they aren't the ones pregnant, so he just might not see the point. But if you want it, go for it - you'll never get the opportunity back again

:hugs:

My hubby is the same way. He thinks we should be saving for things we actually need. I really want to find out what we are having, but he thinks it will be a waste of money to pay for another ultrasound since my insurance only covers 1 in the 2nd trimester.

wish i had the spare money to go for 1 :( lucky u ...if ur payin and he dont wana go thats his choice dont let him ruin ur happiness/ excitment about ur baby i say go for it...i knwo how it feels to have an oh that jsut dont seem interested...there loss realy they'l lcome round eventualy and if not well ..who cares !! xx

My hubby doesn't want me to have one either. I say go for it! If you have the money yourself to do it, then do it. That's what I would do. :hugs:

I can see his point ! Unless youve got the money to spend randomly then it is alot of money which could go on things for the baby :)

However im a huge fan of those scans and have got one booked for myself :) Can you take your mum with you or a friend ?
I took MIL and babies dad last scan :)

My dh is the same, I wanted to book a 4d scan for daddy's day so we could get a good look at baby, it is my 5th baby, our 2nd together and so will be our last together because it took us so long to conceive and I am no spring chicken in terms of baby making!
Anyway he saw the posters for it when we went for our 12 week scan and he started going on and on about what a waste of money it was, and so i did say well i was planning one, he said 'oh no don't bother we can get the baby's picture taken when its born, i would prefer that!'
But i would love a 4d scan, having never had one, they look fab, and they are only £65 at our local hospital, which i though was brilliant!
So i am not sure now if i should book one and take mil along who would be thrilled to come and would probably even offer to pay half!! My friend has said she would love to come too, so dh is gonna miss out if he is not interested, but i know he would be facinated with it all if he did come, anyway it leaves me in a total dilema about what to do, i really dont want to undermine him so i may just have to tell him how much i want one!
Although we could spend the money on something else i have just spent £110 on the car getting an mot and service, and just about to spend £175 on car tax and that is b4 my insurance is due in April, and all that to keep a car on the road, compared to £65 to see my baby seems a small amount in comparison to what everything else costs, it is the same cost as a tank of fuel!!:shrug:

I hope you manage to decide what to do, just so you know you are not alone, i really thought my dh would be the only dh who had that attitude but it must be a man thing, i am less upset by his response now i know its fairly usual!!:hugs:

My hubby is the same he thinks it's a bit of a waste of money and he kinda finds the pictures a bit scary! But I've told him I really want one and I'll be paying so if he doesn't want to come thats fine, I'll just take my mum instead! Now I've said I'm taking someone else all of a sudden he's totally up for going! If you want to have it done, then do it for yourself, I know you'd love him to be interested and come along, but some men are just a bit silly like that and have no idea what their missing out on. I think you should go ahead and do it if thats what you really want x

Similar situation - baby's dad thinks it's a waste of money and would rather spend the money on something for the baby. I told him last night I was going to have one, and that I am going to pay for it myself. I haven't spent any money on going out or treating myself since we found out - every spare panny has gone on vests or nappies and stuff for the baby. We have pretty much everything in now and only need to stock up on nappies and clothes etc.

Now my baby's dad is going to the races in two weeks - was already booked and planned before we knew about the baby and I told him I will compromise - if he doesn't go to the races and spends that money on the baby, I won't have the scan and I'll spend that money on the baby too.

Needless to say I am having the scan :haha:

i sayd go for it! i agree with naynay take a girlfriend or family member, he is being mean but just do it and enjoy it hun xxx

hey so many replies and thanks girlies :)
i have got the money i only spend like a 5er on myself a week but i get some income in the week and ive got £400 in the bank which will soon be going up to £500 when i put some in and each week i put money in which i hardly spend so £120 is for the baby hubby just doesnt seem to think its important and your right i think i might go with a family member. Im not going to go until im at least 25/26 weeks anyways so it gives me time to save more and ive been buying things off ebay, hes not brought anything for the baby its been all me that buys it so bugger it i will be having a scan with or without his interst. I want to try and make the most of it with this baby and yes he would like to buy other things for baby but wouldnt we all. Im doing my bit for the baby he hardly seemed bothered at the 12 week scan so i aint bothered what hes not interested in anymore. I cant wait to see wee man im so excited :D xx

Aww :hugs:
I say go for it, i've heard 4d scans are really amazing, and if he wont go with you, try and get a family member or friend to go with you :)
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->