Feeling a bit miserable..?

dreamer_x

Ava's Mummy
Reaction score
I don't really know why, but I feel fed up and disheartened at the minute! I don't feel like I have anything exciting happening in the near future as far as this pregnancy goes, all that's going to happen is that life is going to get harder!
I'm worrying about money, I need more hours at work and it's really doubtful that I'm going to get them.
I'm still feeling really sorry for myself because I'm still ill and I feel awful :( 23 weeks just seems such a...insignificant time!
Then on here everyone either seems to be leaving to third tri or just joining second tri and I feel like I'm in limbo! Somewhere in the middle on my own, not far gone enough to go over to third but not quite fitting in in second.

I'm pretty lonely too. Me and OH are working almost opposite shifts at the minute, he's on mornings, I'm on nights. So during the day, I'm stuck in the flat because he takes the car, and then I have to go to work. He works longer shifts than me too so I feel it more than he did.
Being ill means I can't really walk round to my mums either...

Oh and to top it off, I've lost my debit card! So we need some shopping that I can't even go and get. We don't even have any bread in the flat, we're running low on everything to drink other than alcohol...and I have no access to my money and OH is skint!

Sorry, I'm being really miserable and pathetic but everything just seems crappy at the minute!

Sorry your feeling rubbish hun! Don't stress yourself too much. Pregnancy is hard and hormones make it harder.

What bank are you with, you can call RBS and Natwest and they give you a special code so you can still draw money out the wall. Alternatively if you can get to your local branch with some ID, any other proof of your account, statement, cheque book, paying in book they will let you draw up to £300 out of your account (all banks should do this).

x

I'm with Santander, it's gonna take them about 10 days to get a new card out to me! I can try and get to a branch tomorrow afternoon but OH's working and will take the car, then it seems pointless as he gets paid on Thursday, but then he's in a bad position money wise and it's really stressing me out! He's £400 overdrawn at the minute and he's not going to get paid enough to get out of his overdraft! I only have £50 in my account, I get paid on Friday but I need to save for my half of the rent at the end of the month. Then we have to sort out the car insurance because it shot up when we changed the address so we need to change insurance company's but that means a £200 deposit!
I'm not even making sense now I'm just rambling, I apologise :/ I feel all frantic and desperate :(

No that's ok, I completely understand the need to rant and money stress is so horrible. I've lost my card before and I know exactly how stressful it can be!

Do you or your OH work on Saturday, could you not get him to drive you down after you have been paid at least you can get a bit of money out for food.

Also, what car insurance company are you with, why do you have to pay a £200 deposit? Is it because you pay monthly? I don't know how confident you are on the phone but my DH is a manager so he's really good at getting discounts and stuff, he always asks for car insurance deposits to be smaller and for admin fee's to be waved and its amazing how much you can get just by having the confidence to ask.

He's working on Saturday yeah :( we both work shifts, so it's never the same each week what we work. It's frustrating though when he's on early's because he takes the car, rather than me drop him off so I can have the car, and it means I'm stuck in the flat on my own all day until he comes home, especially while I'm ill. I'm desperately missing my puppy round at my mums but I just can't justify walking down there while I'm so ill :(

We were with LV until they hiked the price up from £100 a month to £370 because of our address! We're going to go with an insurethebox company or something, they have to put the black box in the car to see how you drive, but it should be cheaper. But yeah the deposit is because we pay monthly.
Don't think I could do that! OH definitely couldn't, he's a push over in general, never mind over the phone. We're all pretty useless - I have to force my mum to ring Sky to find out why her bills are so high - she just pays it regardless! Plus it's all in OH's name so he has to be the one to sort it out and even if I tell him what to say, he ignores me and does whatever he wants!
I feel like I'm shooting down your suggestions, sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->