Feeling happy for pregnant friends.....

Timetotry

Reaction score
I'm basically out. Spotting. AF due today.
Every other day didn't work for us, this month.
I'm so disappointed.

I am spending the day with a friend, who got pregnant this month. I'm trying to be happy for her, but I'm jealous and this kinda hurts.
Almost all of my friends got pregnant on their first try.

I also feel really guilty for not being happier for her and only thinking of myself.

How do you put your own disappointment aside and be happy for someone else?

Ugh i dont know!!!! If you find the answer please tell me! I've agreed to go and see a friend on Friday whose just had her second (our first two were similar in age) and now I'm completely dreading it - AF showed up for me today too, 3 days late, so was really getting my hopes up.

I think you just have to think that your time will come along when the time is right. If we'd ended up pregnant this month then it wouldnt be with the children who we will eventually have, if that makes sense?! i look at my DD and I think how disappointed I was the months when I wasnt pregnant with her, but if I had have been pregnant in those months, then I wouldnt have had her? I know thats a hard way to look at it, espesh when you're ttc #1, but it kind of helps me that there is a bigger plan out there for me! (i'm not religious!!)

My strategies for coping are:
1) Remembering the above
2) Coming on here to chat to you lovely lot
3) Making plans to do things that I couldnt do if I was knocked up
4) Thinking about the extra £ we will save as every month goes by with no BFP.

Huge hugs to you, hope it goes ok XX

Ugh i dont know!!!! If you find the answer please tell me! I've agreed to go and see a friend on Friday whose just had her second (our first two were similar in age) and now I'm completely dreading it - AF showed up for me today too, 3 days late, so was really getting my hopes up.

I think you just have to think that your time will come along when the time is right. If we'd ended up pregnant this month then it wouldnt be with the children who we will eventually have, if that makes sense?! i look at my DD and I think how disappointed I was the months when I wasnt pregnant with her, but if I had have been pregnant in those months, then I wouldnt have had her? I know thats a hard way to look at it, espesh when you're ttc #1, but it kind of helps me that there is a bigger plan out there for me! (i'm not religious!!)

My strategies for coping are:
1) Remembering the above
2) Coming on here to chat to you lovely lot
3) Making plans to do things that I couldnt do if I was knocked up
4) Thinking about the extra £ we will save as every month goes by with no BFP.

Huge hugs to you, hope it goes ok XX

Such a good way to look at it. Especially the money side of things for me, more time to save up etc. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->