Feeling like a horrible person!

pola17

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Im new in this section! First, lemme tell you a little bit of myself.
Im Paola, been married to DH for almost 3 years, and after more than 2 years TTC, we finally conceived this baby! We`re on our week 16!

At first, I used to say I didn´t care much for what sex I prefer, since it took us so long! Then, when we announced to my in laws and parents, the comments begun: everyone, included DH wants a girl. As my sister has a son, my parents are thristy for a grand daughter, and as my MIL only had 2 sons, she wants a grand daughter. BIL also ONLY wants a niece, DH gets on denyal everytime I tell him we have 50% chances of boy or girl, and he gets angry and says "no, it`s gonna be a girl, period!"

Probably because I have this weight on my shoulders, I secretly and without realizing have been thinking Im expecting a girl. Chinese calendar, nub theories, skull theories, baking soda gender tests, wedding ring gender tests, I crave for chocolates, my belly shape screams out loud girl, so deep inside, Ive been confident Ive been expecting a girl.

Then, I guess in my mind I tried to think it`s better to have a boy to not get dissapointed, and at moments Ive been excited... even at this forum Ive openly rooted for boy.

We tried to get a gender scan at 14 weeks, but tech refused to tell. At 16 weeks (last friday) got a scan. LO had legs crossed the whole time, and wouldnt let us see, just for a few seconds we kind of saw something, and I said "oh my, it`s a boy", but the tech laughed and said "what makes you think it`sa boy?", she asked me to come back at 19 weeks.

DH filmed this scan from my iphone, and got screen shots. At moments it looks like a wee, at moments like a very bad case of swollen labia, I even went to ingender for comments, and Ive realized Im not cool with the idea of a baby boy, since everytime I get comments of it`s a boy, my pressure goes down, but what worries me, is that today Ive been extremely depressed!

I feel like a horrible human being, a bad mother, and still carry all this weight on my shoulders... How do you cope with this? As we don´t know yet, Im afraid of getting an "it`s a boy" confirmation, and that what Im feeling, the baby can feel it, and make the baby feel bad!

Any suggestion would be appreciated, and please, don`t judge me! :cry:

i wanted a boy first but was happy that our wait was over after nearly 3yrs so didnt mind.
i had a girl shes amazing! wouldnt change her for the world. so everything works out fine.

if this is not ur only child then u have time to have another baby :)

this is our last so im praying for a boy

oh yay!, first reply!!!!!!! :hugs:

well, I hope you get your baby boy! :cloud9: Today Im feeling much better, coping everyday that I might get any of both!

BTW, your daughter looks adorable on that pic! :cloud9:

I'm same as you. Done all the silly gender tests and most say girl. Trying to convince myself its a boy so I won't get disappointed but not working!

Thanks for replying, maybebaby!
How far are you??? You can count on me, if you need anything, as you and I know it´s not easy! :hugs:

I'm 11+1 by my LMP dates. Get a dating scan Tuesday!

I love my boys but I sooooo want a girl. Then I feel awful. My DD is desperate for a sister too!

I understand the feeling!

For some reason, I can't see tickers.... Not even mine!! :haha:

Will you stay team yellow, or you wanna know ASAP?

hey!! im just popping in from TWW. Its OKAY to feel like this!! This will hopefully be my first (finding out hopefully sunday!) and i have a lot of pressure on me for a girl. My df has 4 brothers, 2 nephews, a million uncles and only women were married into the family, never born!! EVERYONE wants a girl form me (they dont even know we were ntnp!) let your heart tell you what you want. i know you will love you LO no matter what, block everyone out. if you end up with a boy they will love him in sure of it. dont sway what you want to please everyone else, its your baby, not theirs! they have had their chances, let them deal with their gender issues. let us know how it goes, and msg me if you ever want to chat. good luck, dont feel bad your feeling this way. your a fantastic mum. dont let anyone make you feel otherwise. :hugs: xoxo

I can't see tickers either :shrug: not even mine either!

I'm going to find out. Not sure whether to pay for a private gender scan at 16wks or to wait til 20wk scan at hospital and hope baby cooperates!

Pola, you won't see tickers in this section because admin has them disabled (for lack of a better word) because I guess that it can be difficult for some women to see others have their desired gender.

Can you post the pics here hon? When's your next scan? xx

hey!! im just popping in from TWW. Its OKAY to feel like this!! This will hopefully be my first (finding out hopefully sunday!) and i have a lot of pressure on me for a girl. My df has 4 brothers, 2 nephews, a million uncles and only women were married into the family, never born!! EVERYONE wants a girl form me (they dont even know we were ntnp!) let your heart tell you what you want. i know you will love you LO no matter what, block everyone out. if you end up with a boy they will love him in sure of it. dont sway what you want to please everyone else, its your baby, not theirs! they have had their chances, let them deal with their gender issues. let us know how it goes, and msg me if you ever want to chat. good luck, dont feel bad your feeling this way. your a fantastic mum. dont let anyone make you feel otherwise. :hugs: xoxo

Oh, how sweet of you!!! Thank you!!! :hugs: do you have a journal? :flower:

I'm going to find out. Not sure whether to pay for a private gender scan at 16wks or to wait til 20wk scan at hospital and hope baby cooperates!

I guess they block tickers here? Oh well!!
I tried to check gender at 16 weeks.. Baby crossed the legs the whole time! I was told to drink orange juice 15 minutes before scan begins! :haha:

Hope that help in case you decide to wait for 20 weeks! :haha: don't take any risks... Seems like I have a rebel in there! :haha:

Pola, you won't see tickers in this section because admin has them disabled (for lack of a better word) because I guess that it can be difficult for some women to see others have their desired gender.

Can you post the pics here hon? When's your next scan? xx

Thanks for explaining! I imagined something similar!!!
My next scan will be in 2 weeks... I'll get my anatomy scan at 19 weeks, because by my 20th I'll be out of the country for shopping! :dohh:

Lemme show you what I've got:
11weeks:
https://s1290.photobucket.com/albums/b525/17pola/?action=view¤t=7C64D966-A8B0-4D2A-95F3-164118D887EE-14509-00000A28D66035F4.jpg&evt=user_media_share

14 weeks, blurry potty shot :)haha:):

https://s1290.photobucket.com/albums/b525/17pola/?action=view¤t=A9C4BF50-8509-4C0A-ABE1-983392154D1C-2423-0000013AC4B970B6_zpsd6f540da.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Aaaaand, 16+0, potty shot, according in gender, tech and OB/GYN, that's the cord as babies can't have gigantic penises and girls can't be that swollen! :rofl: :
https://s1290.photobucket.com/albums/b525/17pola/?action=view¤t=CB5063D1-3654-48D4-A83E-3BBC4F4DA82E-9184-000005929F1FE42C_zps3b7845be.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Once I know what we get in 2 weeks, I'll let you know.. I'm starting pre natal yoga on Monday, hoping the relaxation techniques will help me cope with the stress!!

Happy weekend, girls! :flower:

Pola pretty sure I see a nub in one of those pics and it looks very girly. <3

I'm jealous. Wish my bby's nub looked that girly.

Willow, you're feeling the pressure as well? :hugs: as I know how horrible this feels, I wish none of you would go through this, but as this is reality, we've got each otger! :hugs:

Are you planning on finding out??

I guess they block tickers here? Oh well!!
I tried to check gender at 16 weeks.. Baby crossed the legs the whole time! I was told to drink orange juice 15 minutes before scan begins! :haha:

Hope that help in case you decide to wait for 20 weeks! :haha: don't take any risks... Seems like I have a rebel in there! :haha:

Thanks for the OJ tip! I think I'll cave and get a private gender scan at 16 weeks :haha:

I really trust the techs at in-gender. Thinking pink for you!

Thank you, jelly! BTW, I love your avatar!!

Maybebaby, yay for private scan! Tell us how it goes! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->