'Feeling' pregnant? Is it physological?

~NEL~

Reaction score
I read something today about a 14 year old not knowing she was pregnant til she was in labour and rang 999.

It got me thinking about when I first got my BFP in August of '09, The dr told me to take a pregnancy test 'just in case' before I started some fertility medication. (I have PCOS)
Anyway I remember sitting on the side of the bath with the stick in my hand and saw it get the two pink lines :happydance:
I grabbed the phone to call DH and all of a sudden was sick everywhere and from that moment I was being sick atleast 10 times a day til I was around 5 months pregnant.
I hadn't even felt pregnant before then.
So my question is can did I feel all the symptoms of pregnancy cos I knew I was pregnant, IYKWIM
Anybody else feel like this X

I had no symptoms, but I always felt like I'd be one of those lucky ones who didn't get morning sickness. So maybe because I didn't think I'd get it, I didn't? I felt great my whole pregnancy. Don't know if attitude made it reality, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I didnt find out I was pregnant with my first until I was 15 weeks, and then the nausea and dizziness made sense :haha: with my second two I knew I was pregnant before I tested because of how I felt. I think once you know you do attribute more sensations to being pregnant than maybe you would, like headaches, tiredness etc?! :shrug:

i didnt start getting sick untill like 4 weeks after i knew i was pregnant , dont think it was psychlogical with me.

My symptoms are the reason I took a test! I felt sick, wanted to sleep constantly, completely went of diet coke, alcohol and cigs (my three former bad habits :haha:) and was a huge bitch. Totally ruined our trip to Prague and my boyfriend said if it hadn't turned out that I was pregnant he probably would have broken up with me!

I knew with Alex, I had weird feelings in my cervix that I had encountered the month before (but I mc) so that familiar feeling had me convinced.

I didnt kno i was preg with my 3rd.. never felt her move had periods thought i just got fat rather than got preg.. n obv id had 2 before.. didnt find out with my 4th until 32weeks!

safe 2 say the pill doesnt work for me!

I smoked before I got pg with Evie and I'd tried to stop many times before and failed, but a week before I got my bfp just the thought of smoking made me feel sick and I didn't smoke at all in that week without even consciously deciding to give up. So I don't think its always psychological, maybe some things are but I don't think thats always the case.

I smoked before I got pg with Evie and I'd tried to stop many times before and failed, but a week before I got my bfp just the thought of smoking made me feel sick and I didn't smoke at all in that week without even consciously deciding to give up. So I don't think its always psychological, maybe some things are but I don't think thats always the case.

This is what I said! I smoked for years but when I was unconsciously pregnant smoking absolutely repulsed me and I haven't touched one since. People congratulate me on giving up when I got pregnant but it was sooo easy!

I think I got morning sickness because my brain tricked me into it. I got my BFP when I was 11DPO, I didn't get any morning sickness until I saw the baby on the first scan at 5w4d. It was instant MS!

I took a test because I felt really sick and was also feeling absolutely shattered. We we also about to go on holiday and knew I was going to have a period so with how I was feeling, took one and got my bfp.

We were over the moon. My ms started to kick in before we went on holiday at 5 weeks, but properly started when we were on holiday. Needless to say, our very expensive holiday for me was ruined as I felt so rubbish. At 8 weeks got admitted into hospital with hyperemesis for a few days. Not a good start to my pregnancy at all.

I hope I won't be as bad next time.

This is what I said! I smoked for years but when I was unconsciously pregnant smoking absolutely repulsed me and I haven't touched one since. People congratulate me on giving up when I got pregnant but it was sooo easy!

Yeah the same for me, I can honestly say that not once whilst I was pregnant did I crave a cig, they just turned my stomach!

I knew I was pregnant and took a test every few days for 2 weeks not understanding why I was getting BFN's until I eventually started to get faint positives. So I had the symptoms before I got a BFP and I had VERY bad "morning" sickness for 4-5 months and I do not think it was in my head.

i didnt know i was pregnant i wasnt bleeding for a few weeks an then i noticed i didnt want any cigs and i still didnt know i was pregnant then i had 4 left an gave them to my mum, i dont think its pyscological i think ur brain is tryin to tell ya ya pregnant lol.
altho straight after i found out i was pregnant i was sick!! lol n didnt stop for ages lol. x

I felt dizzy on boxing day 09 so I took a test I never for one minute thought It was going to say pregnant lol but its quite funny looking back cause I never touched a drop of alcohol on christmas day. So who knows x

My symptoms are the reason I took a test! I felt sick, wanted to sleep constantly, completely went of diet coke, alcohol and cigs (my three former bad habits :haha:) and was a huge bitch. Totally ruined our trip to Prague and my boyfriend said if it hadn't turned out that I was pregnant he probably would have broken up with me!

LOL I had almost exact same symptoms - diet coke i couldn't even stand the smell of it even though i'd usually get through a 2 litre bottle a day, couldnt smoke it just made me feel sick and dizzy and tasted rank, couldnt stomach the smell of vodka AT all which....for someone who would go through around 2 bottles a week, was just a VERY odd sign! And i definitely had no idea i was preggers as had been told years ago that my history of A.N had stopped my ovaries developing and puberty happening fully and all that jazz so was completely unexpected!

so, in my case I'm certain it couldn't have been psychological, must have been physiological ;)

I knew i was pregnant before i did the test 2 days before AF was due.. i was a POAS addict!! x

Hey honey hope you're well!

I did, I just knew and me and oh half hadn't even been trying so it's not like it was in the back of my mind at all. Then, once my period was even just 2 days late, I knew for definite...funny how you can know, but I guess your brains connected to all parts of your body so we should know I suppose! X

Same here!! I spent the last weekend of January 2010 trying to keep up with all my friends, smoking, drinking, raving, etc! But it all made me feel ill, I just wanted to sleep and cry! So took my test Monday morning Feb 1st as something had to be different about me... and BAM... :bfp: :D x

i only took a test because my boobs really hurt and eventhough i was convinced i wasnt pregnant as was told i couldnt have kids FOB kept saying are you sure you arnt pregnant as i wouldnt let him anywhere near my boob cuz they hurt so bad and had completly gone off sex and started getting nausea and was turning into a complete bitch, i still waited till my period was 2 weeks late before i tested though, and it was still the biggest surprise ever xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->