Feeling sad with everyone starting to talk about Christmas :(

mummylove

Reaction score
I am feeling really sad and down that people are starting to talk about Christmas. Its nice seeing people get excited but im just feeling sorry for myself cause i am losing my money in ocotber and apparently im not entitled to anything cus oh works 24 hours. I am disabled and been unable to work since i was 16 i am now 29 never worked. All the money we will get will just over the bills and not hardly any left for anything else so no presents. Ive saved just enough to get them a bike each by time money stops but thats all i can get. Im not even going to bother celebrating on the day if i cant provide more presents or the lunch. I just hope i can try find a job to get a bit of money but been looking for a few months now and nothing and ones i have applied for heard nothing. Just self pity really

Awwww hun :hugs:

Chances are you will get extra tax credits if your income is reduced?

If not theyre still very lucky children to be getting bikes, they have you and their dad, thats all they need hun, dont write Xmas off just yet

:hugs:

A bike is a great present! They'll be thrilled with that :)
Do you have any family/friends that'll be getting them presents too?
Sorry you're feeling down xx

Awwww hun :hugs:

Chances are you will get extra tax credits if your income is reduced?

If not theyre still very lucky children to be getting bikes, they have you and their dad, thats all they need hun, dont write Xmas off just yet

:hugs:

Rang tax credits and they said it might not be changed till next tax year so april next year so will have to struggle for 7 months.
Just really dont feel like celebrating if i cant get them what i want to

A bike is a great present! They'll be thrilled with that :)
Do you have any family/friends that'll be getting them presents too?
Sorry you're feeling down xx

My parents and bro will give money but wont be a lot cus my parents dont work cus they are disabled they both in wheelchairs. OHs family will give money so whatever we get for them i will get them some toys and clothes. My mum is making me feel guilty cus my bro is getting me the new xbox one and its like £430 i said i dont want him spending that much on me but he said he wants to so ive left him to it. But..My mum is like what if she dont get u anything and his like im not bothered and my mum is like oh i probably wont get anything either. Least my dad and bro understand that even if any sort of spare money it WILL go on the kids

These are the bikes i am getting for kids. I really do hope they like it. Summer as been going on for months for a princess bike i will buy helmets as well. I just wish i could get a few more things for them

Attachments

• !BoMVhBQB2k~$(KGrHqQH-EYEuZRJbKhMBLmisQgNLQ~~_12.JPG
    !BoMVhBQB2k~$(KGrHqQH-EYEuZRJbKhMBLmisQgNLQ~~_12.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
  • $(KGrHqF,!nsFHfLqpijoBR+RIW5Lhw~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!nsFHfLqpijoBR+RIW5Lhw~~60_12.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
Rather than spending the £400 on an XBox, could your brother give you some money to get stuff for the kids? xx

He is. His giving £50 each. He wants to get em something cus i never have. I told him not to spend that much and buy kids but he said he wants me to have as well. So least with £50 eahc that will get them a few things. Its more the fact that I CANT GET THEM

I would consider buying a few smaller gifts for christmas presents if you can and waiting until next spring for the bikes, bikes as Christmas presents are ok, but the reality is they don't generally get much use out of them if the weather is bad so personally I have always bought mine bikes at another time of year. Also when you do buy iles I wuld look into second hand ones, there are always ads on local selling sites, I got Lana an almost new bike the other week for £20 - it would have cost me around £80 to buy it new, that was a chance buy I wasn't actually looking for a bike for her but when isawnit I didn't resist the bargain

Also tax credits WILL amend your claim, this waiting until April is nonsense, I update mine everytime something changes and they rework it straight away. But, you may not get extra tax credits,it depends if you are getting the disabled element just now

Have you tried the entitled to calculator?

I think i do get the disabled element cus we get 70% help towards childcare cus im disabled and oh gets wtc

So you will lose that but the ctc and wtc may rise balancing it again, definitely pop onto the entitled tonsite and see what their calculator suggets

Gonna get oh to do it cus dont understand it all lol. I will still get my DLA only money i will get except the kids money. I am appealing anyway so hoping it gets accepted i got drs letter about my condition. If not ill have to try get part time work to work round the kids. Just hope i can pull something off in time. Me and oh joke that he will sell his body lol

Where I live in Canada we have tons of programs around Christmas time No kid goes with out Christmas you call head start and you will get presents and etc donated for your kids by other generous familys donating around christmas time you will also get a food box with gift certificates for fast food and everything to make a christmas meal.. All low income familys are accepted for the Christmas help

When I was younger my family and I used to help out with this program and volunteer...

Maybe the UK has a similar program!

Im not being noisy just trying to help but Does your oh get carers allowance for you if your disabled? What money are they taking off you?

I agree with pp i wouldnt bother about the bikes, most kids look at quantity and would probably prefer a few smaller presenta than one big.

Oh sorry I thought it was DLA you were losing. If you still get that you will still get the disabled element so any rise in tax credits will be yours.

I am losing ESA of £450 a month. They declared me unfit for work but put me in work related and only get it for a year so its stopping i didnt understand all this at the time. I suffer with learning difficulties as well so dont understand it all. No point in oh applying for carers cus u cant earn more than £100 a week and he earns £120

Would it be possible for you to claim carers for one of your parents?

What actual money is stopping? If you get DLA you should be entitled to other benefits especially if your OH only works 24 hrs and is on a low income.

As for Christmas, kids are made up whatever they get. You can go to car boots, ebay, charity shops and pick up bits and pieces for hardly anything. Whether you spend £10, £100 or more, kids remember the fun they had, not the presents. From my Christmas memories mainly consist of spending time together as a family, not the actual presents. For Christmas lunch you could do a chicken instead of a Turkey, a small chicken in Aldi is only £2.99 and veg you could easily do for under £10.

Also how about selling some stuff of your own, doing a carboot yourself, or selling on ebay, make some money that way?

Carers allowance is a bit of a farce tbh, it affects the claimants other benefits so if a friend or family member claimed it they would have to tread carefully with their own income

I see it is ESA, have you been to see CAB they will be able to give you more advice and will also fill in forms etc

Carers allowance is a bit of a farce tbh, it affects the claimants other benefits so if a friend or family member claimed it they would have to tread carefully with their own income

Yes carers allowance is classed as an income so will affect tax credits, income support, JSA, ESA etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->