Feeling sad with everyone starting to talk about Christmas :(

I see it is ESA, have you been to see CAB they will be able to give you more advice and will also fill in forms etc

Cant do anything until the appeal gets accepted that if it does.

I am going to do what i can. I jsut love my babies and they deserve everything. But u ladies are right its not all about the presents. Ill get a few boxes for my son he will be happy with that lol

Honestly don't feel bad for not being able to afford loads of presents, that is not what Christmas is all about, but it is what it has become. Head over to the grotto and there is a bargain thread and also many threads about doing homemade gifts, I did homemade gifts last year for friends and sons teachers etc.

:hugs: hun, Christmas can be a wonderful time without having to spend a fortune xx

I am getting stressed about it to, I can get the kids something but so many buy stuff I feel I have to get them all something back. And I always do and leave myself so broke doing it. I really cant afford it with 3 this year so I have to ask people not to get anything and they always so. So awkward feelings. Then I feel bad enough them giving stuff to me and saying they dont care. I do :(

my mom is like that with me and my siblings. we tell her that we dont care about the presents and that we can do without but she stills feel bad.

Dont feel sad tho, becuase im sure theyll understand and will appreciate what they do get :hugs::hugs:

As PP have said, kids really don't need many presents. My DS was almost 2 last Xmas, and was quite happy with the few things that were in his Xmas stocking. I could have saved myself loads of money, time and effort (shopping and wrapping presents), had I known that was going to happen!

A couple of weeks later was his birthday. Everyone came around with presents, and he just wanted the £5 worth of plastic Thomas trains on his birthday cake.

I'm sure your kids will be thrilled with the bikes.

I think its really sad your thinking of not celebrating.
It may not feel like it at the moment but Christmas is about so much more thn just a present when you have family together there is so much you can do with each other that doesn't cost much.
A present will be forgotten but family memories stay with us forever.

ive got DD presents already. I was online and saw my catalogue had a sale so I stocked up on things that were dirt cheap and that I know she will use. No big gifts as I know my sister will get her something like that. 5 gifts seems to be her attention limit really.......anything more and its a waste and she doesnt care. Ewan is going to be 6 months so I am not getting him anything bar maybe a wee attention toy as he has all emmas 2nd hand toys.

I love searching charity shops for bargain toys for my LO. I've had some great items that are as good as new after a wipe over with dettol spray. Sopmething to consider? Kids will have no idea they are not brand new. Xx

In regards to Christmas with kids u don't need a lot of money. Christmas is what u make of it. If u decide not to celebrate it then it will always b a sad day. If you do what u can u will enjoy it. You kids will have something to open and there have been some good suggestions for dinner.
The tv is always good that time of year for a movie or two or find a game for the family to play. That's all we ever did as kids even when my dad could barely afford anything.

Your children are At an age where they don't want expensive presents! Aslong as you make it fun for them that's all that matters! Pound lands great you could make them up stockings with colours and colouring books from there! Also charity shops people don't half give some really good stuff away! Least you still get your DLA & not nothing at all! Maybe you should see if your family are better off money wise if oh works 16 hours instead of 24? Speak to jobcenter or neighbourhood office they will tell you exactly what you are entitled to :) your Christmas for your children will be what you make of it, Christmas isn't about who's spent the most money on their child, but they will come to an age where they will want games consoles mobile phones .. Keep it cheap whilst you still can!! Xx

Christmas shouldn't be just about getting presents. :dohh:

If you don't celebrate it just because you can't shower your kids in gifts then that's very sad and not teaching the kids much.

When we were young we had nothing, often just a stocking with 1 toy, 1 orange and a new dress or something inside. But we LOVED christmas! It was all about the excitement of the day, a day that brought hope and thanks for the family we had an love we shared.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but cancelling Christmas for your kids just because you have no presents is incredibly selfish, they wont care, they just want a happy day filled with love and kindness. Why can't you make them things, you can find instructions on the net for making all sorts of things! You can make decorations, you could make crackers from loo roll etc. it doesn't cost a lot!

Last year Freya had loads of toys, the meaning of Christmas was lost, this year will be different!

You could play games with them, it costs nothing and yet they love the party atmosphere!

Jeez! What a sad world we live in :growlmad:

Would just like to thank the people that suggested car boots and selling pages on fb. So far got kids some nice presents and for cheap. Going car boot sunday to see what i can get. And until i lose my money what i get after bills is being spent on them. Thanks again :)

Buy the bikes second hand , I got poppys for £8 at a boot sale! She doesn't care.

I'm not spending a fortune this year one or twp presents each that's it. They won't play with them and I would rather go for a nice winter walk and having a lovely dinner and slob in front of a film at night that's what Christmas is, being with family not presents.

Looking forward to christmas now kids will have a few. Gonna open presents in morning do a lovely christmas dinner. Probably av a nap in afternoon lol or if not will play with kids and their new toys then have a finger buffet for tea and watch a christmas film :) excited now

And i know its not about the presents. I think cus i never really had when i was younger i always said my kids wouldnt go through that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->