Feeling worried

Novbaby08

Mom to Harley & Piper
Reaction score
Ok, so I went in to the Dr's today and at 34 weeks I was measuring at 37 and a half weeks, they told me if I gave birth today she would be about 7 and a half pounds. Then they went on to tell me about the problems that come up with large babies. that I'm at a higher risk for c-section, and such, also I will most likely have to be induced a few weeks early. I was planning to have a natural labor but now I'm kinda worried. My Dr. said she'll be probably somewhere between 9 and a half to 10 and a half pounds.:dohh: I'm happy because I want a big baby, but I still have to deliver her and I'm worried about that.

:hug: Hope you manage to have a natural delivery hon!

sometimes they can be off with how much they think they weight so hopefully you can have the birth you want

My mom had 3 -10lb babies I was 10lb 3 oz, my middle brother was 10lbs 10oz and my youngest was 10lbs 13oz she delivered them all naturally with not even an epideral... she is a savage haha but it can be done! Best of luck!

Oh hon sorry it's not the news that you wanted, but Angypangy is right, sometimes they are well out with their estimations.

Hope you get the birth you want x x

Good luck hun - I hope you get the birth you wanted. As the others have said, they are well known for getting their estimations well out!! So don't panic too much yet!:hug:

i wouldnt worry to much, if they didnt scan you to see the size of baby they probably got it wrong, when i went for my 38 week appointment with my first son i measured 42cm and they said he was about 9 or 10lb then and they sent me for a scan because if he was that size they were going to induce me then! i had the scan and he was a dinky 6lb 9oz so good thing they did the scan first lol, he was 7lb 6oz born at 40 weeks 2 days, when i had been told if id gone to 40 weeks he would probably be over 11lb! so they do get these things wrong hun, hope you get the natural delivery you want xxx

Good Luck hun. Hope you get the delivery you want :hugs:

I wouldnt worry too much though as alot of ladies have recently said how much they can get the weight wrong. x

Hope you get the labour that you want...anyway they are sometimes wrong so try not to worry :hugs:

lol well the thing is I'm a big girl, I'm 6'2" and I was a huge baby mself I was well over 10 pounds so, I don't knw. I dont mind a big baby but I was thinking 9 pounds was good lol

Sometimes their gueses can be a bit off, so she might not be as big as their thinking.

Also they can use drugs to induce early and then the rest of your labour can be natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->