Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Merry Christmas ladies! Life has been hectic for you all as well I'm sure. I hope each of you have enjoyed the holidays. I have tried to focus less on TTC and more on life. Trying to get health issues under control. I've been on bed rest for awhile because my sciatica was at a scary level. I am getting better tho. Waiting game to have a CT scan of my gallbladder and then they will decide if I start new fertility meds or if it needs to come out first. I've been on antionflammatories because of the sciatica so thankfully the gallbladder has been under control. So we are just pushing along. We had a nice Christmas in GA. I hate that it is hot here though. Didn't feel like Christmas and then in WA I would've had my first ever white Christmas. But with the health issues my daddy and brother had been facing I wanted to be here so we did. There's always time for more white Christmases, God willing. Anyway, I just wanted to say I have thought of all of you just never time to pop in. I graduated a few weeks ago with my Master's in Psychology. So the year is ending pretty amazing for me. I hope the same for all of you!

Leetie - Wonderful to hear from you! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas with your family. :hugs:

TTC - Glad that you've been focusing on your health, it's very important. Sorry to hear you've been on bed rest, I hope that things continue to get figured out and under control. Congrats on graduating from your Masters!!:flower:

AFM - Christmas was too chaotic this year. I got influenza on Wednesday and Christmas evening after we got home from dinner Amelia started violently vomiting. It's been a long couple of days with her being sick. She went nearly 24 hours without being able to hold down water so I took her to Children's urgent care, they gave her Zofran and fluids. When we got home she slept through the night. This morning she woke up and was sluggish and couldn't drink so I'm thankful they sent us home with Zofran for her, she had half a tablet and I've given her applesauce and chicken broth through the day with water and breast milk. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

TTC- I hope your dad and brother are okay.

Dragonfly- sorry to hear you and your family were sick. There is so much of that going around this year. I hope you feel better, and I'm so happy to see that this bean is sticky.

Things here are good- Liam just turned 4 months and is such a happy baby. He has been sleeping through the night pretty much for 2 months, so we feel lucky, if a little worried that it cannot last.

A confession- we've been NTNP since Thanksgiving. Something about the holidays made us feel like not being cautious. I would really love another baby, but it would be really hard with work and I have these health issues, so I'm torn. Well, New Year's Eve we DTD and wouldn't you know, I ovulated on New Year's Day. We'll see what happens, it was so hard to get pregnant with Liam that we're not really believing it will happen again on its own.

Just saying Hi! Life hasn't slowed down but I just wanted to wish all of you well. Hope everyone is doing great!

Hey TTC! I've thought of you ladies a lot. How are you doing? How is your dad and brother?

Hi ladies! We're all doing well but busy. I started back at work in January and miss being home, but enjoy adult conversations again. Liam turns 6months sonn- I can't believe how fast it goes! He's sitting and I bet he'll crawl soon. We're very much in love with him this Valentine's Day.

Xan that's so great to hear :) Good job Liam for sitting up! Just a matter of time and he'll be crawling and zooming!

Hi y'all!!
Dragonfly- they are both doing ok. My daddy goes to a new Dr on Friday to see what is going on. The other Dr was a headache but we have hopes for the new one.
Xan- can't believe he will be 6 months soon. Life passes so fast.

AFM - I'm in PT for my back and I had acupuncture for the first time on Monday. She said it might get worse before it gets better and she wasn't lying. I was so happy to have PT yesterday. My PT lady spent the whole hour massaging me. I have inflammation and major tightness so she tried to massage it out some (Happy Valentine's day to me lol) the acupuncture lady also put some needles in for fertility. Hard to believe in June it will be 4 years we have been trying. But thankfully I'm getting everything in order so that it happens for us soon. I had a CT scan last week about my gallbladder so once that is figured out the fertility Dr wants to start meds asap. So we have hope. I'm so glad to hear from y'all. I really hope Leetie is doing well. I've had her on my mind. Valentine's day is hard, so many baby announcements but hopefully her and I will get there or maybe she got there. Either way, hoping she's well too.

TTC- I'm glad you're looking forward. We had tried for four years to the day. Liam is worth the wait times a million. Sending baby dust your way.

Dragonfly- how are you feeling with the pregnancy?

Let's, I hope all is well with you.

TTC - Excellent to hear you're taking care of yourself! I hope your Dad's new doctor is a good one, it's so hard finding new doctors.

Xan - This pregnancy has been so different! First trimester still sucked, but so far no heartburn like I had with Amelia. My stomach is growing a lot faster and we're measuring a week ahead. It's been an anxious pregnancy but Tuesday we find out the gender and I think I'll relax a lot more after the anatomy scan. :)

Dragonfly- I totally get the anxiety after a loss. For me 20 weeks was my point where I started to relax. We're thinking TTC again over the summer, I'm sure it'll be stressful.

It helps starting to feel movement. I'm pretty convinced my placenta is hiding baby because the little kicks are so low down and when they're picked up higher on the doppler I don't feel them at all.

:hugs: I hope you won't feel stressed when you ttc #2.

Hey ladies, I hope you're all doing well :flower:

I just wanted to share we found out yesterday we're having another little girl!:pink: We're both still in shock because everyone has been guessing a boy. DH said he's so happy that they'll be sisters and have a special bond :cloud9:

That's fantastic, and so sweet of your DH. Congratulations- have you picked out names?

Thank you Xan :) I keep thinking of names and suggesting them to DH but we both keep coming back to Madelyn.

Amelia and Madelyn, I think they sound nice together :)

Hi ladies- it's been a while. I hope everyone is doing well.

Mrs. Dragonfly- how are you doing? 34 weeks, so close to the end. I hope everything is going well with bubs.

So I just had a shock this morning- on a fluke I took a pregnancy test, the second cycle after Liam was born. My jaw almost hit the floor when it was positive. We weren't really trying, just got lucky with trying, and no fertility friend or anything. Liam just turned 9 months, so it feels like 9 months on, 9 months off and then...

Hi ladies- I guess I am feeling nostalgic and thought of all of you. I hope everything is going well with you all.

I can't believe it, but I am entering 3rd trimester with bubs #2. Liam is 14 months old and a real charmer. He just started saying uh-oh and says it at the funniest times. He also mocks DH and I sometimes when we're having an adult conversation by saying "blah blah blah". We had a little scare with this bump, but it turned out okay in the end.

It's been a crazy year for us. Besides this wonderful time with Liam, most of the rest has been really hard. My dad passed away in March from prostrate cancer that came back and spread. I am so, so lucky I found a job close to my parents and got to spend the last 2 years with him. And being here for my mom has been good, challenging at times, but good. I also lost my mentor- he died of pancreatic cancer last month at the age of 57. Screw cancer.

I guess it's the holidays that make me sentimental, but I miss you ladies and I am thinking of you often. I hope to hear an update or two.

Hi ladies,

I can't believe how long it has been. LO will be three in January. I think of you all often, but I haven't had much time to check in. I miss you ladies!

Xan, I am sorry about your father. I am glad you got to spend time with him, and congrats on your pregnancy. How is your little boy?

Congrats to Dragonfly as well :)

We are one and done, no plans for another LO.

I hope Leetie and TTC are well too...

Happy holidays, ladies :)

Hey Ladies!!

Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long. Life has really just been so busy. But I think about you all the time.

I’ve been doing well though. Keeping busy with the Nephews. Me and DH are actually in the process of adopting through foster care. We’re going to do ages newborn through 6 for now. We’re hoping to be matched with a child. We could do emergency foster care and be able to adopt that way but you have more of a chance of the child being returned to the family that way. It’s scary but exciting. We’ve done all our classes and paperwork. The next step should be home inspection.

I will try to update when I can. Thank you all for your support and encouragement throughout the years. I pray you all are happy!

Oh, Leetie, you are going to be such a great mom! I'm sure when they meet you it will be obvious that you will give a child a warm, happy home to grow up in.

I'm glad that you are enjoying time with your nephews too. We went to France this summer to spend time with my in laws and my nephew and niece. It's so cool to see them growing into their own. As sweet as babies are, it is more rewarding for me to see Liam starting to communicate and express himself. He's a goofy, affectionate little boy with a very stubborn streak.

It's exactly one month until baby boy #2 will come. I'm not sure how we're going to do this (I only have 2 weeks off work) but it will happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->