Femara success?

Ah thanks its quite common over here so its nice to get a compliment instead of...oh another Gemma!

It sounds as if you are quite rightly fed up with it all. I was told that femara worked the best for women who didn't react well to clomid. Infact my doctor was that certain about this he told me femara would 100% get me pregnant after the clomid failed. As the months went by I was getting more and more angry with him for giving me false hope but every visit up until that magic month he never lost confidence in what he said.

I don't know if it was coincidence but the month I fell I used the conception gel so that may have been a factor. But each month of using femara, my follicles were getting bigger.

Anyway I saw your first post and it sounded very similar to my story so I didn't want to read and run as looking back I can honestly say I don't know how the hell I coped with everything. All that emotional turmoil plus holding down a full time job plus my dh wasn't the most supportive as he had 2 children with 1st wife so he never really understood the continuous rollercoaster I was on each month.

We are thinking about trying again soon as we don't want a big age gap and I just know I am going to have to go through the same thing. I still have Pcos symptoms and AF still hasn't arrived. I had maybe one a year before starting Treatment anyway so that's how bad it was. I always knew deep down that I would struggle to conceive.

So keep your faith in this miracle drug and please try not to get too discouraged if it takes a little while longer I know it's easier said than done. I wouldn't wish the process on my worst enemy.

My fingers are crossed for you. xxx

I'm glad your husband is a good support and must be a comfort to know you're in it together. The fact you are ovulating is an excellent sign and I hope its just a matter of time for you. Baby dust coming your way from England :) xx

Hey Ibelieve, so happy you are in better spirits! That's great that you are going on a mini-vacation AND it will be during your TWW! I went on vacation during my TWW and that's when it happened for me. Guess it's because I was out of my element and was relaxed, enjoying myself! I think that's the perfect plan!

Did you do the HCG shot last cycle? Also, I like Gemma's idea of using the lube. I used it too with my last cycle. It's pretty inexpensive and it seems to give the little swimmers a boost. Just a thought. :)

Hi Sib4Owen I think it's definitely worth using and also I took a tiny amount of aspirin that month too. Both were just last ditch attempts to boost chances as being told I was to have the HCG shot after so many months of just being on femara with no BFP boosted me and kicked me back into researching ways to help myself.

I have just read your posts too and just want to say I have my fingers crossed for you too. I was never unlucky enough to suffer a MC but know of the heartbreak it causes.

At least they are keeping a close eye on you.

Hug xxx

You've got it covered for sure! Anxiously awaiting your scan results!

Had my ultrasound this morning. So far so good! Said the baby had appropriate growth, though still measuring small. Heartbeat was up from 136 last week to 182 this week. Everyone in the office seemed really pleased and actually quite relieved. At least I left this appointment feeling better about things. Next appointment is next Wednesday, which is when I'll see the doc and hopefully he'll discharge me back to my regular OB.

Don't get discouraged! I know it's crazy, you think you should feel something if the medicine is working, but that's not always the case. Just remember, I got my BFP on my "worst" response to Femara in the 3 months I was on it. If you remember I was upset because I didn't feel a thing and then found out I only had 1 folli which was quite smaller than the other times. My point is you never know, so keep thinking positive and when the time is right it will happen! :)

That's great news! I understand not being excited though. You were disappointed last month, so you are protecting yourself. You are having great responses to the medications though! It's going to happen for you when the time is right! I know what you mean with the scans. I have a cyst on my right ovary (it is producing progesterone to sustain the pregnancy), and when she does the scan on the right side I want to punch something it hurts so bad. :) I'm excited for you!

I'm trying to relax. My first MC the heart stopped at 8w5d, so I am a little nervous about this next scan. I'll be 9w2d at the scan, so if everything is ok then, hopefully I will be able to relax and look past my next appointment. It stinks that I am still so cautious about this pregnancy. I don't think I've fully accepted it yet.

That's great news! I understand not being excited though. You were disappointed last month, so you are protecting yourself. You are having great responses to the medications though! It's going to happen for you when the time is right! I know what you mean with the scans. I have a cyst on my right ovary (it is producing progesterone to sustain the pregnancy), and when she does the scan on the right side I want to punch something it hurts so bad. :) I'm excited for you!

I'm trying to relax. My first MC the heart stopped at 8w5d, so I am a little nervous about this next scan. I'll be 9w2d at the scan, so if everything is ok then, hopefully I will be able to relax and look past my next appointment. It stinks that I am still so cautious about this pregnancy. I don't think I've fully accepted it yet.

Good Luck!! Hope you have a H&H 9 months :flower:

TLB where are you in your cycle?

Well af was suppose to show today. Tested yesterday with fmu and got a bfn. fx af stays away. Going to try to wait until tomorrow to poas. Feeling alittle :wacko: not knowing. If af show's i'm going to do another month of Femara at 5mg. Then back to the dr's. I think she'll up my dose and i'm going to ask about triggers and if I can get a cycle monitored. It would be nice to know how my body is reacting to the Femara.

TLB, how's it going? Did AF show her ugly face? I can't believe they aren't monitoring your cycles! Seems crazy!

Ibelieve, how are you? Did you get your IUI scheduled?

TLB, how's it going? Did AF show her ugly face? I can't believe they aren't monitoring your cycles! Seems crazy!

Ibelieve, how are you? Did you get your IUI scheduled?

Yes AF did show yesterday. What a Bitch. lol. Anyways tomorrow is CD3 again. So I'll be starting Femara 5mg for another cycle. I'm going to ask for them to monitor my next cycle if they can. How are you doing? Hope all is well :flower:

Ibelieve, it's good that you are relaxed this cycle. Maybe that will help! If your doc wants to do IUI, I think you should ask about getting the trigger shot. That way you will know exactly when you'll ovulate and he can time the IUI better.

TLB, sorry she showed! The best part about Femara is that you get to jump right back on the horse! Day 3 and you're back at it. I would definitely insist they monitor you, at least so you can see how you are responding to Femara.

I'm doing well. Nauseated most of the time, but I'll take it if it means good things :) Last weekly ultrasound today! Hopefully all is well and they release me back to my regular OB. My appointment is late this afternoon, so I'll update you guys tomorrow.

Hi Ladies! So, ultrasound was overall good. Baby is growing, doc said "appropriate size" and heart rate was good (163 but baby was sleeping which doc says that's why it was less than last week, which was 182). He was unable to see the yolk sac, which was visible last week. He said it isn't uncommon for it to be small or gone by now and his machine isn't the best, so he referred me to another MD that has a really good ultrasound machine to look. Not sure what this means, he said the yolk sac is indicative of genetics. So I guess now I have something new to worry about.

Hope you guys are doing well! Can't wait to hear your updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->