Femara success?

Congrats for getting home, Sib. And in time for Owen's birthday. I'm sure he will love that.
AFM: IUI done yesterday but I have no hope what so ever. This donor had the worst count ever - 2 million motile. My RE and nurse have advised me to use another bank after so many horrible counts. Not even looking forward to the 2ww. Gonna file a refund for the last donor and call them about this "free" one.
I made my BFF not come because I wanted this one to be special and full of hope, with my usual playing music in the background. Never even played any music because I was too upset about the count. Filed a report for the 2nd donor from last cycle and will file another report for this 3rd donor today. I will leave this bank for good. I just want this 2 weeks to be over with.

Sib I'm so happy Evan is doing well!! I'm glad you were able to be home for Owen. I wish a speedy recovery and have a ball this weekend. Your baby boy will be home soon, as you mentioned he is in the best place right now to help him get stronger. Look forward to seeing pics.

Ibelieve I can't wait to Monday. I hope your little ones let you see if the are a boy or girl.:twinboys::oneofeach::twingirls: How many weeks are you now?

Nightnurse I hope you feel better soon. I think a bug is going around. Everyone in my family has dealt with diarrhea this week. I didn't get it too much. Sorry if tmi. Do you start your cycle soon?

Always what great results for your iui! Speedy tww.

Sharp how did your iui go, I hope great!

Lovely I don't think you are out just yet. I spoke to the lab tech when he gave me my specimen and I was a little concerned with the number and he told me that the most important part of the result is the motility. He said you could have millions of sperm but if the motility is low it wouldn't be great. He told me that he was involved in a study in Washington a and saw a number of women get pregnant on 100s of thousand sperm regularly. That gave me a bit more confidence. Enjoy your tww you will be able to tell your little one all about.

Gabrielle I hope the morning sickness has subsided a little. Anything new with your little one? How many weeks are you now?

AFM. I went Wed. And got my hcg shot and I had one dominant follicle at 19.6mm? The other follicle was a 10mm or 11mm not viable I'm gathering. Thursday and Friday I had my iui and followed up Friday with BD. I had a count of 8 million on Thursday and 4 million on Friday. The motility was in the 90% range. I be decided to assume every cycle is "the" one. I figure this is my last child and I had many disappoints throughout my journey from lost, incompetent cervic, not being able to breast feed, and a c-section. Each of my children allowed me to have one part of my dream when it came to having babies. My first twin babies allowed me to have the vaginal birth, I can't wait to the day I will see them again, I miss them daily, my big boy let me bring him home out the home, my twins let me breast feed them for a little while. All of them allowed me to love in a way I never thought possible. It's amazing that the day you find out about them, you are willing to risk it all for them. So I'm determined to view each part of this cycle as a positive. So about that 19.6mm follicle, I told my husband that's our baby. His name is going to be Argyle as if my screen name didn't give it away or if he is a she maybe Raylyn. Let the Tww begin:happydance:

I wish everyone the best!

Thanks Hoping. I will keep that in mind. Good luck to you!

HopingforArgyle - we didn't have a iui this time, just going au natural except tried to stimulate good strong follies with femara. I don't get to see a RE (RS) until end of March. GL w/ your iui!

Lovely - remember all it takes is one, and that one just needs to get where it's going (motility). Don't count yourself out!!! But if it isn't your month, I'd totally look into a different bank.

Hoping everyone is having a great weekend! I'm happy to be home celebrating Owen's 5th Birthday! He keeps saying "Mommy, you're home!".

The nurse taking care of Evan, took his footprints and made a birthday card from Evan to Owen. It was super sweet and Owen was so happy to get a card from his brother. Evan is doing really well. He's off of one of the machines and 2 blood pressure meds. He has a feeding tube and is getting breast milk, which he has tolerated well. He is still on a special kind of vent, but when that is discontinued and he is on the regular vent, we can hold him! The nurse thinks it shouldn't be much longer, maybe a week or so. I'm so psyched about it I can hardly stand it. More than ready to hold my baby!

Ibelieve, I'm going to be looking for a post from you tomorrow...hoping the babies cooperate and show us what we want to see!

Good Luck on all the upcoming IUIs!

Sib I'm really happy Evan is doing so well. That was so sweet for the nurse to make a card for Owen. You must be on :cloud9:, your bundle of joy will soon be in your arms. It's great that he is able to eat breast milk now. :happydance:

Love the birthday card from Evan to Owen. That was a really great idea from the nurses.

So I have a friend who got pregnant on her 2nd IUI with a donor who had a decent count. Even though I was told that this last donor had a decent count, I should have known the numbers were too good to be true.

My question is should I just take my money back and run to another bank (even my doctor and nurse thinks California Cryobank is stiffing me) or should I try my friend's donor?

I agree with your doctor and nurse, the bank you are presently going to seems like they keep stiffing you. I wouldn't go back to them, and I would get my money back if it didn't work this cycle.

If you choose to use your friends donor, are you ok with your kids being related. Would your friend be ok with it? Or would you rather choose another donor at the same bank your friend used.

So sorry you are going through this.:hug:

My friend used the same bank that I did. And she was the one who suggested using her donor. I'm fine with our kids being related. We aren't BFFs and we love in different states, even different time zones. I am all for having my kid know their half-siblings.

I would just hate to change banks and the same thing happens again. And one of the other banks I'm looking at is notorious for not refunding for low counts, even when they know it's low. Atleast the bank I'm using has given me no issues whatsoever after refunding/crediting me.

You make a good point that you know that the present Bank will refund if it's a low count. I guess it could be a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Maybe it would be your best bet to go with your friends donor. Since she used the same bank it's hope that you will get better results. It would be nice for your baby to have a sibling. Please forgive me if it came across as if I thought that would be a problem.

Hi everyone, I hope all of you are doing well. Sib welcome home!! I'm so glad you were able to make it home for Owen's birthday, and that was so very sweet of the nurses to make a birthday card from Evan to Owen!! I'm so happy to hear that Evan is progressing greatly!:happydance: At this rate, your little one will be home before you know it!

I'm doing well..9 weeks now! In just a couple of weeks I should be getting another ultrasound to see how much my peanut has grown. :happydance: I've only had mild nausea from time to time, so I'm doing pretty good so far. I'll be sure to keep you all updated!

You make a good point that you know that the present Bank will refund if it's a low count. I guess it could be a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Maybe it would be your best bet to go with your friends donor. Since she used the same bank it's hope that you will get better results. It would be nice for your baby to have a sibling. Please forgive me if it came across as if I thought that would be a problem.

No problem. I know you are looking out for me :hugs:

We'll, we shall see what happens

Sib I'm so happy Evan is doing well!! I'm glad you were able to be home for Owen. I wish a speedy recovery and have a ball this weekend. Your baby boy will be home soon, as you mentioned he is in the best place right now to help him get stronger. Look forward to seeing pics.

Ibelieve I can't wait to Monday. I hope your little ones let you see if the are a boy or girl.:twinboys::oneofeach::twingirls: How many weeks are you now?

Nightnurse I hope you feel better soon. I think a bug is going around. Everyone in my family has dealt with diarrhea this week. I didn't get it too much. Sorry if tmi. Do you start your cycle soon?

Always what great results for your iui! Speedy tww.

Sharp how did your iui go, I hope great!

Lovely I don't think you are out just yet. I spoke to the lab tech when he gave me my specimen and I was a little concerned with the number and he told me that the most important part of the result is the motility. He said you could have millions of sperm but if the motility is low it wouldn't be great. He told me that he was involved in a study in Washington a and saw a number of women get pregnant on 100s of thousand sperm regularly. That gave me a bit more confidence. Enjoy your tww you will be able to tell your little one all about.

Gabrielle I hope the morning sickness has subsided a little. Anything new with your little one? How many weeks are you now?

AFM. I went Wed. And got my hcg shot and I had one dominant follicle at 19.6mm? The other follicle was a 10mm or 11mm not viable I'm gathering. Thursday and Friday I had my iui and followed up Friday with BD. I had a count of 8 million on Thursday and 4 million on Friday. The motility was in the 90% range. I be decided to assume every cycle is "the" one. I figure this is my last child and I had many disappoints throughout my journey from lost, incompetent cervic, not being able to breast feed, and a c-section. Each of my children allowed me to have one part of my dream when it came to having babies. My first twin babies allowed me to have the vaginal birth, I can't wait to the day I will see them again, I miss them daily, my big boy let me bring him home out the home, my twins let me breast feed them for a little while. All of them allowed me to love in a way I never thought possible. It's amazing that the day you find out about them, you are willing to risk it all for them. So I'm determined to view each part of this cycle as a positive. So about that 19.6mm follicle, I told my husband that's our baby. His name is going to be Argyle as if my screen name didn't give it away or if he is a she maybe Raylyn. Let the Tww begin:happydance:

I wish everyone the best!

I'm now waiting to see if AF show or not,dont think i'llbe testing though,I dont think i'm PG though as with AF I usually have some kind of symptoms,breast tenderness,nausea,but i dont have anything,dont know if me being sick lately masked other symtoms but i highly doubt i'm PG,will keep checking on you ladies,good luck

Night nurse don't count this cycle out just yet. This pregnancy could be different. I never get the typical symptoms. :thumbup:

Always the wait is hard. Some days I think I'm doing ok but I feel like I'm holding my breath everyday. I don't test and have decided not to test until March 1. My tww technically ends February 27 which is exactly two weeks after my hcg trigger. My husband seems to think I'm pregnant. The last two days he said I've been very hormonal. I'm not sure if it's just my cycle getting ready. I'm hoping my breast don't get sore because that usually happens a week before Aunt Flo. They never hurt when I'm pregnant. I know I have to take my own advice and realize that each pregnancy could be different. The waiting continues.:wacko:

Nightnurse thank you, I'm feeling much better! I am currently 9 weeks. =) FX'ed for you that this is your cycle!

Always cramping can be a good sign. I cramped from the time I O'ed, all the way to 10 dpo when I tested positive, and still cramp a little off and on. lol I hope this is the one for you!

All of you are in my prayers!:hugs:

Sib how is Evan doing?

I cant believe I forgot to post this yesterday! I got to hold Evan! He's doing great!! He is off the oscillator and on a conventional vent, they have upped his feedings from 1cc to 2cc and he's tolerating those as well! Doc told us yesterday that he's doing great and he just needs time now! I think I told you all he has a dislocated knee, which they have decided to cast to slowly put it back in place. I'm not sure when they are going to start that, but I'm ready. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it really gets me when I see him leg going the wrong way. So far, so good though. I can't believe how well he is doing. And Owen is so cute. He cant go back to see Evan because they have flu restrictions right now, but he still insists we go every morning and evening (we go regardless) to see Evan because he is up there all alone. He is such a thoughtful kid! It amazes me how much he loves his brother and he hasn't even met him yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->