Femara success?

Well, no BFP for me this month! :cry: My appointment with the doctor was mixed...he said on paper we have everything perfect and should be pregnant. We've done 2 cycles of meds, one with IUI and he said 50% of his patients are pregnant after 5-6 cycles. So I guess I have a few more to go. He is also looking into to a hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy. If my insurance will cover it we are going to do it. During the procedure he will make 3-4 scratches on the inside of my uterus that run the length of it. He said that for whatever reason the healing process of these scratches helps eggs implant easier and reduces the miscarriage percentage. So I guess that's the plan for us...we'll do the procedure if its covered and we have a few more months of meds. If that doesn't work, we're done. We can't afford IVF or any other expensive, invasive treatments. Fingers crossed!

I'm anxious for you to get your results!

Sorry to hear that Sib, but at least there are a few more options :hugs: at least you already have your first little miracle!

Im still waiting, called the office, the results are with him, waiting for them to call me! The waiting game is the worst, all we ever seem to do on this journey is wait!!!

Thanks! I am thankful I have him for sure! He is my bright spot, but also makes me feel guilty. I feel guilty for wanting another one so badly when I do have him and I feel guilty for not providing him with a sibling. I want more than anything for him to have that relationship with someone. It's killing me that, if I got pregnant soon, he would be 5 years old when the baby was born. That's just not how I planned it! To top it off, we are going on vacation and my brother-in-law's neighbor has 2 kids. There little boy was born the day before my due date with my first miscarriage. There little girl is the same age as my son. So now when I look at them, all I see is what should have been for me. It's been 3 years since that miscarriage, but still heartbreaking.

You're right all we do is hurry up and wait! So so frustrating! I hope he calls soon!

Hi ladies, dropping in to check on your journeys.

Ibelieve - I ovulated late on Femara, CD19 so my CD21 bloods were negative, I was so gutted but hadn't realised all was well. I have read a lot of ladies ovulate late in it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.:hugs:

Sib - I read your post about wanting a sibling for your child and it could've been written by me while I was ltttc. I cried in the park watching him playing by himself when others had siblings and didn't need him to join in. I totally understand your feelings. :hugs: There ended up being 7 years between my children and that wasnt what I planned at all I wanted much less of an age gap, but it's worked out well. I felt guilty for wanting another when so many are struggling for their first, but it is natural to want to expand your family. I really hope you don't have to wait much longer Hun.

Dust for you both:
:dust:

Results in - no ovulation...

:hugs: Don't feel down, it's not very accurate if you ovulated early or late. So they can't say for sure. My CD21 bloods on my bfp cycle were 0.6 progesterone.

Thanks Kyla! I really needed to hear that. Honestly I have never talked with anyone in the same boat as me. I appreciate it!

Ibelieve, don't get too down! Kyla's right, you could have still ovulated, just late. And if not...well you'll be starting treatment soon!

That's awesome! I bet you are so excited! I'm excited for you!

That is incredible! It seems like just a few days ago you said you were going to try the South Beach Diet and now you've almost met your first goal! You sure do have some dedication!

That's true Sib, hard to believe that we have been through two cycles together. :hugs:

Lets hope end of this cycle we will be sharing our :bfp:s!!!

Fingers crossed for you!

I have started cramping and a little spotting this morning. Not sure what that's about. I have my ultrasound on Wednesday. My insurance will cover the surgery and biopsy; but I haven't met my deductible for the year, so it will still cost me about $1,000 out of pocket. Not sure what to do. It's just that $1,000 is 2 IUIs, but I'm afraid if I don't do the surgery I could be doing all of this in vain! What to do, what to do?

CD10 ultrasound today. The last 2 months I haven't felt like the Femara worked, but I got good results. This month I can feel my ovaries are full and I've had cramping (in my low back and AF cramping)...I'm anxious to see what the US is going to show!

How are you holding up this week? Has AF shown her ugly face?

I go for the scan in a few hours. Your plan is exactly what we've been doing. We did IUI the first cycle and I kind of regret it. I think we should have saved the money and done it later. I am taking Femara 5mg daily 3-7, with CD10 ultrasound and timed intercourse. Are you giving yourself the HCG shot to force ovulation? I'll let you know how the US goes :)

Hi Ibelieve,
Scan was ok. I actually had the worst result yet. Only 1 follicle and it was smaller than the last 2 months. It was 15mm, and the nurse said that because it was bigger than 12, she is pretty positive I will ovulate and they still consider it a good result. It will continue to grow 1-2mm each day, so when I give myself the HCG shot on Sunday it should be around 20mm.

If I don't get pregnant this month, I will undergo the hysteroscopy and biopsy next month which means we can't try. Sucks to have to take a month off, but it will be nice to get the results of the tests if I don't get pregnant this month. Fingers crossed!!!!

How are you doing?

Hi Ibelieve,
Scan was ok. I actually had the worst result yet. Only 1 follicle and it was smaller than the last 2 months. It was 15mm, and the nurse said that because it was bigger than 12, she is pretty positive I will ovulate and they still consider it a good result. It will continue to grow 1-2mm each day, so when I give myself the HCG shot on Sunday it should be around 20mm.

If I don't get pregnant this month, I will undergo the hysteroscopy and biopsy next month which means we can't try. Sucks to have to take a month off, but it will be nice to get the results of the tests if I don't get pregnant this month. Fingers crossed!!!!

How are you doing?

I'm sending you lots of :dust: Good Luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->